Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ February 18

Good Morning!

So much going on here I haven't been around.

John's pneumonia has finally cleared after 3 rounds of antibiotics, including 5 days of home infusion.

However, we are dealing with a much worse problem. His blood is in crisis, and we are having injections to stimulate white blood cells, along with another transfusion.
    This morning, we are doing an abdominal scan and Monday a bone marrow biopsy (out of town.)

The two doctors we are working with suspect the problem but want definitive word on what is happening.

John is weak, but he is a warrior, and we are doing the best we can. Have been out of the house for most of the last 3 days, more today, so you can imagine the fatigue (both of us).

Hate to start a thread with bad news, but this is what we are dealing with.

Will check on you all as I can. Love to Everyone.

Hugs to you as well Elaine...I woke up with a head ache again... volunteering...I have to go to a meeting in Saint Louis today.

It was great seeing my parents yesterday even if it was just for lunch...We went to the bread company...I had my favorite soup and 2 pieces of crusty bread....then dad and I shared a cinnamon roll. Mom still looks really good for a person with cancer....she does look and act tired and weak. She loved her scarf that I bought her..

Church last night was so good last night too..one of the other pastors of my church preached instead of the lead pastor....he was really really good...I love hearing our lead preacher as well..but it was refreshing to hear another good sermon from some one different.

After church I was leaving with friends that I had ridden with when we saw atleast 6 police cars go racing into the Cemetery directly across from our church....we went and parked at the gas station and listened to the scanner app on the phone of the guy that was driving the car I was riding in...we never did figure it out.

Comment

Good Morning.....

Oh my Elaine, my prayers are still with John and you, poor man just can't catch a break, maybe they should consider putting him in the hospital to get this figured out and to keep you from being run ragged traveling back and forth to Drs. and such. I am glad to hear the pneumonia is clearing out...don't be concerned about delivering bad news to us or being down, not everyone has to be happy all the time, even me, John has always been so active and strong I can well imagine this is really getting to him also...please keep us informed, that is why we are here...(((((hugs))))))

My day started a little later than usual, some demanding cats needed attention, amazing how much longer I sleep in the mornings without an alarm clock, hubby getting up and getting ready for work, my side of the bed faces the bathroom door so even with my eyes closed sometimes the light wakes me up...Spent the whole day with my friend yesterday, took her to lunch at Red Lobster, she brought chocolate cake so we had that later. Was a very enjoyable day, then hubby called and we talked for awhile, by then I was totally ready for bed...Don't know what I will get into today, but sure I will find something..Weather is supposed to warm up a bit and it sounds like the weekend will be a warmer one..

Hope everyone will have a nice day with nice weather...
      Hope to see more people popping in and saying hello, not just lurking/cyber stalking, LOL...

Off to finish my coffee and read the local news...Have a great day one and all...Elaine will be thinking of you and watching for any news..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The sun is making the snow sparkle like diamonds...that fascinated Blaise.

Yesterday wasn't near as productive as the day before, but I did get to the bank plus a couple other stops before coming home & start in on things in the kitchen. Got the Choc PB BD cake iced & ready for pick up today at noon. Made up the creamy chicken & got that into the oven, then took Blaise to the library for a quick pick up of some new books to read. Decided to dig out my yarn and started working on the afghan I had started for my Mom last winter but that got packed away. Hoping to keep my hands too busy to snack during the evening.

This morning I'm going to go to Bible study. The last time I went, it was canceled but not everyone got the message. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I'm hoping the restaurant calls & orders today since they didn't order anything last week. If they do, I'll be busy doing that.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all. It rained again last night but no more in sight for the rest of the month.

Getting ready for tonight's potluck. I'm making Swedish meatballs and may make some coleslaw as I was given a huge cabbage and can't possibly use it all for myself. Love potlucks as I can make things that I won't make just for myself.

Elaine, I'm so sorry to see that John is having so many problems right now. Sending love and hopes for a quick resolve of these issues. Good luck to you both and do try to get some rest. ((((((Elaine and John)))))

Everyone have a good day and remember Spring will soon arrive.

Comment

Last evening we dined at the Japanese Steakhouse...never been to one and it was something. Andrew was not impressed at all and wanted to leave until the show started. The chef marches in in his high red hat and throws knives and utensils in the air and balancing eggs and lights the grill so it is jumping like a sparkler. Then the kid was impressed! Food was wonderful but way to expensive to make a monthly trip out of. So I can say this country girl has been to the steakhouse and it is enough to last a long while. Scott is up stirring and guess we will do breakfast before he leaves. This is the time I get to talk with him...he spends time with the kids and his brother in the evening but mom gets the morning. Elaine so sorry to hear John is still unwell. All the long drive times must also we wearing. Makes for long hours away from home and you always rest better at home. Looks like a sunny morning and the big warm up is starting. Kids all back again this afternoon so need to come up with a menu of some sorts.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              Slept in today. Slept a lot yesterday., too. I'm still tired. My tummy is still uncomfortable after yesterday's procedure. They said to not continue my Coumadin yet. .....they want their doctor/surgeon to check me first. Not sure what they found. My anticoagulant doctors are not going to be happy. I'll post a bit in my health update a bit later.
              Looks like I have to make some calls today.

Elaine, I'm glad to hear John is doing so much better. I hope they get the rest of him fixed up in quick order.

Well, I barely ate anything yesterday. Guess I should see if I can eat a bit of breakfast today.
              Don't know why, but I'm not myself yet. Really dragging.

Have a good day,
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine, hope the tests and consults work out as fixable with a good plan. I feel,for you and all the appointments.
                I am going to schedule an allergy shot. With the sneezing I am convinced it is allergy related and not a cold.
                We had rain, wind and double rainbows yesterday. Today it is sunny with more rain coming and breezy...
                I hope I start to feel like myself...
                And hope you all and your loved ones have a good day.

Comment

Aloha all!

(((((((((((((((Elaine and John))))))))))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Maxie, I have been to one of those Japanese steak restaurants and they are fun and as you said expensive. Quite a show they put on.

Had a wonderful time yesterday with our girls day out. We were picked up at the door by a wonderful fun lady driver and driven to the movie. Got there just in time to get pop corn and a drink before it started. A crazy sort of comedy. Don't really recommend it but it did make us laugh. Hail Caesar. Afterward we all did a little shopping in the mall before heading home. A fun day.

Have a UTI and call about getting something in a bit.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good evening everyone.

been a long day too for us... ..but first.. Elaine.. my thoughts and prayers are with you and John.... this sounds like very bad news... sure hope Doctors get a handle on it.!!!... and please know the Rounders know how you are feeling and so type away...we are here!

David had his after surgery check up with the Cardiologist. today.. He thinks David is doing great... well. almost great..
                    ..I had make out a very neat sheet of paper with all D. current medicines.. and a neat sheet of paper..a copy of the reading of the monitor that we take each day.. with all the blood pressure reading , heart rate . etc etc... and Dr. A. was NOT happy with what he read... upset over the blood pressure reading and heart rate.
                    both toooooo high .....they seem normal for ordinary person ... but for heart value replacement .. too high.... and he thought the home health nurses should has realized that... and called him.. or the pcp... either their monitor is "off" because the reading in Pcp office was lower.. and so was the reading in Dr. A .office.. ... so he made some changes amounts of d. meds. also ask David he was using the respirator testor.. you inhale and move the ball up the tube/... we don't have one. I guess we were supposed to bring the one in his room with us.. Dr. A. picked up phone .called hospital. told them we would be right over to get one. HE speaks . They don't argue.
                    ..but David did all this walking . and walking . we even stop for lunch out. stop library and he went there to pick out a few books... so this evening
                    I have one very tired guy .... he should sleep like a rock................Dr. did say he could start driving .. in a week..... legally.. but no snow shoveling.
                    ..... and the last item .picked up all the meds at pharmacy , including Iron pills .....( yes, Jo..Ferretts!)..
                    and thats my book....
                    JoG.. hope you can get organized too..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                    X