Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Feb 16

Good early morning ...

we have rain, ice, and expecting snow... Winter for real... and the kids only have a 2 hour delay ... hoping the rain, ice are gone by 10 am.. and that the weather guys are over -estimating the snow amounts.. so those Kids can get back home safely...
    ..Thanks to David and a certain nameless Cat..... .Been up since 4.. darn. will be a long day... full of naps..

took down the hard ,but finished, puzzle , and set up an easier one. where the pieces lock and don't shift around... will only take a couple days to do this one..

will let you all check in and then come back and read....

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning eveyone.

Rise and shine..Tody will be light rain..Nothing like yesterday..
    I hope we see the sun to day..

I saw this cute pic..Of this cat..Poor cat...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning...I think that I am finally starting to feel better....having a hard time time getting going....volunteering this morning...groceries this afternoon....not sure where I am going for groceries just yet...I just know that I am not going to Save a lot....chili mac with extra hamburger is what I think is on the menu...that and straightening the kitchen are my afternoon task...

Mom and daddy will be here in the morning....just passing through...they flying out in the morning for 10 days in FL...I am so glad they are getting away..mom needs the rest badly! She said that the plan she has for Florida is soaking up sun and visiting with her aunt...They are going to Saint Pete....They my sister and her family are going on Friday for a week on the beach in Panama City beach...I will be pet sitting all week for my sisters 3 cats and 1 bird..won't do anything for the snake sorry..

Comment

Morning all

Aunt Maye - I hope you don't slap me with a wet noodle, but it's supposed to be sunny and 70° the rest of this week. We haven't had a single
        day below freezing this winter! I'm sure the bugs will be horrendous this summer, but it's worth that price to me.

Work, work, work. It seems that's all we do. Then go home, throw together dinner, and flop on the couch and watch TV until it's time to sleep, get up, and do it again.

Chris and I are taking a class at the college this weekend - the Community Association Manager class. It prepares you to run apartment complexes, condos, and hotels. Our current manager is 75 years old and I figure he can't keep doing this much longer - I would LOVE to be his replacement! The class only cost $269 and then you take an online test from the State for $75. I am excited!

So I'm off for more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning my Lovelies...Everyone up and at it this morning already. Aunt Maye, I feel your aggravating mornings as I have those also, if not the hubby snoring it's the two cats meowing by my bed, in the master bath, foot of the bed so my slipper or water bottle can't find them, etc. until I am so
          angry' I have to get up...don't like starting my mornings on an angry note, so when I get out of bed, get my coffee, I flip the switch back to happy....

Pat, that sounds like a wise choice for you and Chris, that could be an awesome future...good luck..

Beth, glad to hear you are feeling better, what kind of snake? NO WAY JOSE' would I even stay or enter a house where a snake also lived...I have heard of so many nightmare stories of them finding or getting out in the house...I see no joy in snakes...people think pitbulls are dangerous, I say snakes should be put on that list also, and your insurance rates should be higher also, LOL...take care.

Weather not to bad here, supposed to start the upward climb to warmer temps, hubby is on his way to Baton Rouge today, so he will be high in the sky, so I will have the house to myself, well me and the cats, got some plans of my own since I won't have to be on 'his' schedule, nor will I have to COOK!!! YEAH!! Nice for a few days but then I start to miss him, LOL...

I have been cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning, and really see a lot more I need to do...I have three plastic totes that are file holders that I keep booklets, receipts, income tax, etc, in, I need to go through and get rid of those that we no longer have or need...and lots of other odd and end things, so the shredder will get a workout...Getting in touch with a few friends I have not seen in awhile and get together with them, since I have been in pretty good health lately want to take advantage of it and visit them...

Well off to get this day started...have a great day one and all...We always, always have something to be happy about, life may not be perfect, but at least it is LIFE!!! Get rid of past grudges, stay out of things that do not concern you, we may not like things our children do but they are adults, let them make their own choices...It isn't up to others to make your life a happy it is up to us...think POSITIVE and things look better..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Not much to report. Home nurse is coming for the last time today. John is OK. Had too much company yesterday.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning ☀️

We are expecting 88° or so today. Hotter tomorrow. Except it doesn't feel that hot, at least not to me.
              But it'll be a nice day nonetheless.
              Nothing much to talk about today.

Pat, good luck with those classes. I hope that job falls into your lap! Perfect.

Have a great day today, people's. 😃
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Boff my 11 year old niece is "mom" to a corn snake...he is really pretty...and ok to pet if some else is holding...He has gotten out twice...once when the cats let him out in the middle of the night and that time Reagan and my sister both were woke up by the cats playing with something but both went back to sleep never thinking it would be the snake...The 2nd time he got out was because the door on his travel container was not properly closed....my sister found him because the tv that time...the first time he was under reagan's bed hiding from the cats....I think all I will have to do is go into reagan's room long enough to see that he is still in his cage....I will ride over to feed the cats 2 or 3 days while they are gone anyways...the bird will come and stay here in the tv room upstairs with the tv on...and I will go in and talk to him from time to time..he won't be happy about not getting to come out of his cage...but I don't do that either...I don't think I could catch him if he got away..

Comment

Good morning, kind of. I went to bed very early with chills and coughing...I don't think it is allergies. But I feel better than I did last night.
                  Our weather will be in the 70's, too. Wednesday we are expecting more rain and that is fine by me.
                  It should be a normal day with kids today. Hope you all have a good day, too!
                  Pat, your plans for the class sounds like a great idea!
                  Boff, I cleaned floors but didn't get as much of anything else done as I would have liked. Reading posts like yours gives me another boost!
                  Have a good one!

Comment

I'd rather deal with a snake than an alligator. When I lived in Phoenix we had these friends with a pet alligator in their home. He lived in a small aquarium. They decided they needed a vacation, and convinced me I could easily watch & feed it for them for a week.
                    The first day I was sorry I agreed. I opened the lid of the aquarium, and oh boy did it stink. The alligator barely moved, and didn't eat the meat I put in it. I closed it and left. The 2nd day, it stunk even worse, the alligator hadn't eaten the previous day's food. I'm sure it was already dead. Third day it was undoubtedly dead, food still there, so I covered the aquarium tightly so the smell would not come out. I left a note for them telling them about it.
                    I really think they left me with a sick gator so they had someone else to blame for its death. When I called them upon their return, it was apparent that I was no longer a friend.
                    Oh well.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning. Well the delay turned into a cancellation around 7:30am. They have to make those decisions early because the HS kids go much earlier than the younger kids. The snow turned into freezing rain for a bit & now it's snowing again. The rain packed down the snow. Good snowman making snow.

Yesterday Blaise & I ran into town before it got bad. Went to JoAnn Fabrics and Aldi's. Was HOPING to get some Valentines stuff reduced, but it was almost all gone. Did use the coupons and got some icing tips, coloring gel, and yarn to start an afghan. I was balancing the ckbk this weekend and found that the Union hadn't cashed Corky's dues check. Called them and they said they hadn't rec'd it and also found out that Corky wasn't on the Call List...they still showed him working. He only worked one day in December, so his name should have gone right back in line at the same spot. Now his name will go on the bottom of the list. GRRRR!!!! Well I got thinking, and I had sent the check along with all the background check paperwork, so I called back. Sure enough, she found it...whew! She also told me that Corky could call in and request that they check on his status since he DID call in to have his name put on the list the same day he got laid off. Sure glad I called! I let it put me in a funk and foul mood for a while, doesn't take much lately. Thanks for the words of wisdom & encouragement Sharon. Kathy was here & wanted to make a recipe she saw on FB. She was heading out to the store, so I told her she should take Blaise with her. Mistake. She stopped on the way back & picked up two of her guy friends. In the meantime, I was panicked because it had been over an hour & a half and they weren't home. I don't worry about her, but I was worried about Blaise. She doesn't have a regular cell phone, so I couldn't call her. I didn't know what we were going to do if they didn't show up soon. Dinner was like Jesus and the loaves of bread & fish....it stretch and fed everyone.

Very late start to today. Think I'm going to bake the birthday cake that's ordered for Thursday and bake the pies for tomorrow for the community Lent service our church is hosting. There is always a snack after the service & our church is known for their pies. Hope to convince Kathy to take Blaise outside & build a snowman.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I only slept an hour last night and have things that need doing today. Bet I have an early night! Scott is coming in tomorrow and will stay over and leave Thursday so that means a nicer meal. Also have to cook tonight but have a couple of ideas. The meat we bought last fall is almost gone and that is sad. So convenient to have a freezer full. The 4 AM weather said a band of ice, freezing rain and or snow will be passing through this morning. SOunds like the cold will only be here long enough to meet the moisture then it will warm up to rain. Winter has become such a bother with these little snows and all the cold. Still need one paper before filing my taxes and will be glad to have that done. Will take Sharon's advice and have good thoughts today. Going to bite my tongue since Sierra will be in for supper tonight. Maybe I can get her to bake cupcakes for her dad. He ask for them and it would be a good gesture on her part. Lots to do and not much energy to do so better set started early. Over half way through February...hurry summer!

Comment

Good morning. Like some others here I was awakened by a doglet desperate to go out.

Not much happening here today. I may do laundry if the room isn't filler with scented products. When I took Lily out at 6:30 one of the helpers was already starting her laundry.

I've been on an Indian kick this week and watching some of their goofy and not so goofy movies. They are much longer the most of ours and most are full of music and dancing. Fun Stuff and silly romances.
                          Anyhow I also made some Indian snack to enjoy with the movies.

Ladyebug, I'm glad to see that John is recovering at last.

Beth and Boffler. I have never had a snake but I know a number of people, including a couple of grand daughters who have had snakes. I'll stick to my dog and my fish. They're much more interesting than a snake.

Later.

Comment

Aloha all!

Barb, I am curious. American Indian movies or India movies?

Oldest granddaughter posted a couple of snow pictures of her back yard. Beautiful and quiet she said, but really she can have it. Will take Hawaii weather before Ohio weather.

Have a good day all!

Comment

East Indian movies. They can be hilarious, though sometimes they are serious too.

Comment

Working...
                              X