Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ Feb. 15th

Morning all

It was REALLY hard to make myself get up and come to work today. Chris is off for the holiday and Erin is off because school is closed today too.

Got some beautiful tulips from Chris for Valentine's Day. I baked cherry/chocolate chip bread for him. He worked and I cleaned out my closet.

Otherwise, not much going on here.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

We got our 4" snow as forecast. Son got the new snow plow out for the first time this season. Haven't saw the city boys plowing yet. I am sure he will do our streets himself. Better get a move on as I see the guys coming to work.

Comment

Morning...still having ear pain and head aches...ears woke me in the night

No plans for today...

Comment

Good morning ..

forecasting some snow flakes off and on today ..warming up to 20 already... I do need to make quick trip to local town. ( about 4 miles away) to the Library.. return some books about to be overdue.. and stop at the Dollar store there .. maybe take David with me... warm up the car good, there is a blanket already in car.. he could even go in Dollar store if they have their parking lot clear.. get some walking exercise.. IF he wants to that is....
        he had a great nights sleep . curled up.. ( at last) in his big bed.. his chest must finally feel normal.. slept until 6.30..as did I.....

((((((((((((Bethina))))))))))))))) hope you get to feeling better today

Justy.. good to see you here early... aren't sons wonderful ?.. making up for those little boy days .

Jostoy.. thanks for the information about the Iron tablet... will check it out ...D, has appt with cardiologist on thursday.. will ask him how important the iron is to David.. strength buildup , and ask him about the Ferretts ..
        and enjoyed talking to you

Hi Pat.

Hi Elaine. waiting to hear how John is...

be back later to read..
        Last edited by Mayebarnes; 02-15-2016, 08:53 AM.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning 😘

Rain here. But mild temps. Snow? Justy I feel for you.

Today is day 4 of antibiotic infusion. Have so loved having my old student here. Of course, she is 60 now and spent years in nursing. so smart and capable.

John is cooking his breakfast. I hate the smell of bacon lingering in the house, but he loves it so - so I said go ahead.
          He is weak, but pneumonia is certainly improving.

Better get going. Hug to All ~ ~.

Comment

Good Morning. Yesterday was a pretty sunny day though very cold. Today is clouds & more clouds and supposedly some snow and freezing rain.

Yesterday was very good. As soon as we got in the house from church, I gathered everything for Becca and headed out the door by 9:30am. Becca's BF who goes to college in Pgh met me in one of the parking lots at the school & then I took her to the dorm with me and surprised Becca. We went to lunch at Arby's (got 2 free fish sandwiches from someone returning sandwiches made wrong) then over to WM. Got the payment of Becca's contacts straightened out using the right insurance and paying for the rest of the bill with our HSA. Ended up getting a fantastic deal of really good mittens for Blaise. Bought one pair that I THOUGHT was suppose to be $6.97 and they rang up for $1, so we ran back, got 3 more pair, and got those for $1 each too, though we had to call for help because they were ringing up as $5. Went away smiling big. Now if he loses a pair, I'm not going to be so mad. Stashed 2 pair away and if he never uses them, I can donate them for the scarf & glove tree at church. Was home by 2:15 and took a little nap after reading to Blaise, then it was off to my Mom's to play cards with the ladies. My SIL & friend Sandy were there too. FUN!!!

This morning Blaise & I are heading into town to Aldi's and JoAnn Fabrics. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a good one all! (((Bethina))) Also wondering about John.

Comment

Our snow storm fizzled out although it did make the roads slick. Looking out now at the fog moving in...we are suppose to have a warm up with temps close to 70 by weeks end so maybe that warm air is starting to move in now. Yesterday I made a pot of chili and corn bread, did laundry, changed my bed and that was that. Hockey game started at 5:00 so that ended my day early. No kids today so probably will not cook. Fog is really getting thick so looks like another day in front of the tv. Think I can handle it! Sounds like everyone but Beth is on the mend. That is good news...well, maybe not for Beth....

Comment

Good morning.
                Woke very early again today. I usually get up for an hour. Then go back to bed. So today I slept in a bit. My issues continue (health-wise), but tomorrow I begin the cleanse, and the day after I go to the clinic in the afternoon and get it all checked out. At the moment, though, I hate these issues, and remind myself it'll soon be over....,2 days to go.

Today should reach the mid-80's, nice and sunny.

No real plans today.

Sounds like everyone's begun their day and already busy.
                Glad John is feeling a bit better. Every bit counts.
                Beth, I hope you get over whatever you've got, soon.

Have a good day, friends. 😄
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Up and getting things done on a beautiful sunny day off.
                  My allergies ( coughing) are in full force. The almond trees are beautiful, but I am hoarse and coughing and taking my OTC allergy stuff.
                  We overdid it a bit on yummy food yesterday. Back to the low carb, no extra sugar routine.
                  Hope you all get better and thaw out if you are in the snow zone!

Comment

Aloha all!

We had a very nice candlelight Valentine dinner last night. A choice between lobster tails or chicken breasts and a lovely chocolate dessert. Our chef here makes the most wonderful desserts-especially if they are chocolate.

Around 3 yesterday afternoon got a call from Bim at the mall. He had lost his wallet so I had to travel about a half hour away to get him. He then had to call and cancel cards and such. Said he had about a $100 in his wallet so that's a goner, unless some very honest person finds it and he get's it back. Not likely though. He HAS to learn to keep better track of his wallet as this is the second time this has happened since we got here.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone,

Another cold and riany day..We got the snow this morning..Now we are getting the rain..

One more day of this..I hope we see the sun..

I ask my mother how she is doing to day..It is start to fell little bit better too day..The pain it is gone..

What cute pic of the cat..My use to do that..It was so cute....
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nalani you should get him one with a chain....alot of the men where I used to work carry wallets with chains...then its a lot harder to lose it

Comment

Good afternoon almost evening...In my mind I had checked in here this morning, well that shows you how bad my mind and thoughts are, LOL...I just got started cleaning early this morning and stayed busy most of the day, starting supper as I type, and will be hitting the shower soon...started cleaning yesterday and the bug continue today, doesn't happen often so I thought I would take advantage of it...Nothing much going on here, same ole same ole, been wanting snow but it just never gets here, well we have some on the ground but not enough to make snow cream...need my snow cream fix for the winter...well noodles are done, time to put all the stuff together for Italian bake and get it in the oven...have a good evening one and all...more tomorrow...((((((hugs and get well wishes to all that need them)))))))))
                          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                          X