Happy Valentines Day to all you sweet people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Valentines Day to all you sweet people

Good Morning, and a Happy Valentines Day to all you sweet people here...starting to get a little concerned about Elaine, she didn't check in yesterday and didn't start a post this morning...sure hope she and John are okay.

Just another Hallmark day as far as I am concerned, years ago when we were younger and still smitten we did special things, now we are just a bunch of old farts I guess we say it, exchange cards sometimes, or may go out to eat...but not today, to darn cold outside...hubby does surprise me every now and again and gets me candy or jewelry.

We are in the midst of a really cold snap and I have no desire to be out there breathing that cold air in my lungs, not good for me. Yesterday we had bean soup, fried taters and cornbread, tasted great...thinking warm and comforting foods when it gets cold out..I think I am truly ready for spring now, my desire and love for snow has passed..

I have a cat that is totally driving me nuts this morning, about ready to take him to a no kill shelter, he has gotten on my last nerve with his meowing and demands. ( I hope everyone realizes I would never do that)

I have some texas toast that I need to use up so French toast it is this morning, with some homemade sausage patties and bacon...when the hubby gets up that is...he likes to sleep in on weekends and I let him since he works all week...

Paula sounds like you group on kids had a great Valentines day and that as usual you are helping others...you are a blessing..
    Maxie, the saga continues with Sierra, I don't know that there is a cure for it but to be the bigger person and never cut her Mother down or say negative things about her in front of her...been there, done that, just wait until there is a step parent in there also, LOL...
    Labb, hope your Mom is doing okay, glad you got rid of the rug...will she require surgery?
    Aunt Maye, hope hubby continues to do well.
    Donna, I hope your insurance pays for what you need done, it might help...sure hope so..I was glad to hear that she helped Blaise with is Valentines box...she definitely does not have a Motherly instinct or desire..
    so when she does do something like that it is good for him..
    Bethina, hope you feel better today.
    JoG, keep positive thoughts going that all things will be taken care of the right way...in due time...

Well time to get this day started and get busy...Even though we have single digits in temps the sun is trying to come out...Have a great day one and all, see and count your blessings...(((((hugs to all)))))
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning .

David is continuing to improve.. but he is not gaining his strength as fast as he wants... the low iron is probably the reason... he will be miserable taking extra iron in tablet form... ( very constipating)... so hunted for foods that will help.. surprising the Post Raisin bran is loaded with iron..
    We are still staying home.. he does not need around sneezing people and door handles with germs all over..
    I will need a trip to library this week.. andn One of the big jigsaw puzzles is done.... the hard one... now will set up a pretty scenery one.. should be easier..

Hi Sharon...glad to hear you have had enough winter .. time for spring.!!. I was thinking french toast today also.. lots of thick sliced bread in drawer that needs used.

Mark was here ..did all litte odd jobs..like taking garbage dumpster to the end of driveway.. tomorrow morning early is pickup time.

I too am worried about Elaine and John..

and Sassyg . hope your Mom is comfortable today.. did she stay at hospital.?.

be back to read other posts later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning. Sassy, how is your mother this morning? I'm so sorry to hear about her fall.

Did not realize I had not checked in yesterday. The nurse who is coming for antibiotic infusion in the morning is one of my old students, and when she gets John hooked up, we have a LOT to talk about.

On top of that, lots of company coming by - mostly nieces and nephews.

We are eating very simply - the way John likes it - so not much cooking going on.

HAPPY VALENTINE - to All of you. Love you bunches.

Last edited by ladyebug; 02-14-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Lightly snowing and not as cold this morning...20s. I have been ready for Spring since the first time the temps dropped into the 40s last fall. Give me a 90* day and bright sun...PLEASE! Nothing planned for the day. I did spend the day yesterday in my jams, showered late into the day and put on clean jams. May have a repeat day today. Scott coming in for a couple of days next week so need to plan some meals. 70s, yes 70s!, predicted for weeks end. YAYYYY!!!!

Comment

Good morning..mom only had a fair night last night very tired this morning...but they are flying to Florida on Wednesday for 10 days...clear water area...I think this trip is just what the doctor ordered...They are flying down to spend time with one of my mom's favorite Aunts..Aunt Mildred will wait on my mom and cook daddy all the things he loves to eat...I think it will be good for both of them..

Myself I don't feel any better this morning...ears hurt more...head hurts worse....No plans to get out of the house...I had already called my friends to let them know I wasn't going to small group this morning didn't want to share my Germs...I got message about 20 minutes ago....small group was cancelled due to weather and slick roads.

Yesterday I read almost a whole book...may do the same today.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

The dcotor say that you bruise it..Rest and put hot and cold pack on it..

And some aspirin....My mother was lucky..She do not have to stay in the hosptial..

Did all that test nothing was broken..Now we have little bell..If she need anything..To ring...Or call out my name....

I want to say to "Thank-you all" for your prayers...

And here is cute little pic of the cats..
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyebug View Post
              Good Morning. Sassy, how is your mother this morning? I'm so sorry to hear about her fall.

Did not realize I had not checked in yesterday. The nurse who is coming for antibiotic infusion in the morning is one of my old students, and when she gets John hooked up, we have a LOT to talk about.

On top of that, lots of company coming by - mostly nieces and nephews.

We are eating very simply - the way John likes it - so not much cooking going on.

HAPPY VALENTINE - to All of you. Love you bunches.
              Ladybug,..My mother she is sore to day..It was awful...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                Good Morning .

David is continuing to improve.. but he is not gaining his strength as fast as he wants... the low iron is probably the reason... he will be miserable taking extra iron in tablet form... ( very constipating)... so hunted for foods that will help.. surprising the Post Raisin bran is loaded with iron..
                We are still staying home.. he does not need around sneezing people and door handles with germs all over..
                I will need a trip to library this week.. andn One of the big jigsaw puzzles is done.... the hard one... now will set up a pretty scenery one.. should be easier..

Hi Sharon...glad to hear you have had enough winter .. time for spring.!!. I was thinking french toast today also.. lots of thick sliced bread in drawer that needs used.

Mark was here ..did all litte odd jobs..like taking garbage dumpster to the end of driveway.. tomorrow morning early is pickup time.

I too am worried about Elaine and John..

and Sassyg . hope your Mom is comfortable today.. did she stay at hospital.?.

be back to read other posts later.
                Maye,My mother is..Resting...She did..they to go home..And put some ice and heat...And take some aspirin...And take it easy..The doctors say..There are "NO" broken bones..Will be sore.

Comment

Good morning, and ❤️ HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ❤️ to you all.

I was up far too early this morning. I sat with my heating pad for an hour, to settle my tummy, then went back to bed.
                  Today will be cereal for E's breakfast. I'm having cinnamon graham crackers with my ☕️ mocha, as I'm out of my milk.
                  We will likely be eating light today. E bought Valentine candy at See's yesterday. And has been hitting his pretty much, along with the Cadbury eggs he can't seem to get enough of. I have not touched my chocolates yet. And I doubt I'll have more than just a few during the course of the day. My gastro system isn't putting up with much lately.

Boffler, what cheery words to begin our day. Thank you! Yes, I am looking forward to getting this all properly taken care of this week. But that gallon jug of "prep stuff" looks like 2 gallons to me. That will be the hardest part. But I get to drink half on the night before, and half the morning of the procedure. That sounds easier to take. 🙄

I think holidays in general are becoming Hallmark days for us, too. Sometimes we get cards for each other, sometimes we read cards in the stores and don't buy any. 😄 Valentine's is a good excuse for candies, though, as is Easter, maybe Christmas, or any other special day we choose. Same with gifts. We normally get what we want/need throughout the year. I love jewelry. Have quite a bit now, but hardly ever wear them, except the rings that might still fit. I wear slightly under size5 rings, 5 being only wider bands......difficult size to get. But I have more than enough now. He did buy me a "filled cupcake pan" this weekend, but I'm not sure I want to deal with it. You can't use cupcake papers, you can burn your fingers on the locking part of the pan. Well, maybe I should try it once, before I decide to give it away.

Maye, I'm glad Dave is doing so much better. But the healing takes time, and can't be hurried.
                  Sassy, I hope your mom is feeling much better today.
                  Beth, I hope you're feeling better.
                  Elaine, I hope John will be doing better soon.

Have a good day, everyone.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Wow, looks like a bunch of us were typing together. 5 unexpected posts popped in before mine! 😄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Happy Valentines Day!
                      Yesterday turned a bit different than the whatever kind of day with no agenda...my friend with cancer has Started to fail. She didn't even get to start chemo last Monday.
                      They have moved her from ICU to a regular room and doing "comfort care." Her daughter who is one of my best friends, even though there is an age difference, calked me when I was shopping and asked if I could bring some food to the hospital for them because no one wanted to leave. I just checked out at Costco and called a deli and drove home. Taking them the food was a blessing to me because her husband told the nurse he was bringing in "fami,y." I got to go in and give her my love. We are not saying anything yet on Facebook, but family and close friends are posting pictures and changing profile and cover photos. I changed my cover photo. In the picture, about 2 years ago, I am sitting next to Sher. She is on my left in the picture. Sorry, this has all been so fast. About 5 weeks since we found out she had cancer.
                      So prayers for her comfort and for her family would be appreciated.
                      This group is such a blessing to me! Hope you all have a wonderful day,

Comment

Paula, my thoughts will be with you and the 'family'. I'm so sorry things took this turn so quickly.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                          Wow, looks like a bunch of us were typing together. 5 unexpected posts popped in before mine! 😄
                          JoGee,I am sorry about that..My fault..

Comment

Not your fault at all, Sassy. It just happens. I was just surprised this time, though.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by JoGee View Post
                              Not your fault at all, Sassy. It just happens. I was just surprised this time, though.
                              JoGee,thank-you...

Comment

Working...
                              X