Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ March 11 ~ Good Morning!

Hello Out There!

So sorry some of you keep having problems posting. Knock on wood, I have never had any of that craziness. Just wonder why.

Appointment for me in Tyler (90 mile drive), and John is not well enough to go, so a friend is driving with me.

Sharon, John keeps this fire going 24/7. I wonder if this fire is hindering his recovery. We must talk about this. Thank you for bringing it up.
    Donna, wish Kathy HB for us. She must have been 6 or 7 when we came to Lima. Wow! Where has the time gone (as they say). Hope she can get her act together for her sake and yours.

Well, this is short, Janet, but there really isn't much to talk about. So happy Dave is doing wonderfully well.

Hope you all have a good day. Thank goodness we don't have snow like maxie.

Good Morning ,

well, not so good... snow everywhere. only supposed to do a few flurries today..... But this is Davids appt. Day ,for checkup with Pcp Dr.. only have to drive about 1 1/2 mile... but the parking spaces will all be gone.. and getting David in the building if the snow has not been cleared.could be tricky. I'm hoping by 11am the parking and driveways will be cleared off.at the office. .. we have a snow covered driveway but not deep enough for me to have to worry about.. I repeat, I HAte Winter..

Elaine ,the fireplace may well be some of John's problem .. hoping someone will be checking on him while you are gone today..

the best thing to do with the Error sign is ignore it... the post generally goes through.. as you saw Justy's post were Sticking yesterday..

David and Kat got me awake at 5.. from a sound sleep... does not make for a happy Me.. ... but I might as well fix my hair. tidy up the kitchen ...keep adding to the groc list.. Got word from Davids sister dau Amy that they will be over this way to keep a dr. appt for Bonny .. Invited us to meet them for lunch.. which I turned down.. don't David out any more than he has to be..... so invited them to come here. and lunch .... Amy excepted immediately..... now I have to think of something to make for lunch.......

take care all you folks with snow... and you folks in sunny Hawaii, Fl., Texas , California.. Ariz.. don't know what your missing ... snow is very pretty . (aggggggggg)..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, having a small warming trend. Just enough to maybe get a big snow tomorrow. Will believe it when I see it although we are past due.

Need to get moving as it is the cleaning ladies day. Have more work to do when she is coming!

Comment

Good morning...They are calling for a large amount of Snow next week...part of me hopes we get it so we meaning the girls and I can go sledding...

My house guest are gone..I didn't hear them at all this morning...I was surprised..they were really quiet...my own immediate family meaning my sis should take a lesson..LOL

.I will volunteer this morning and head to Saint Louis for a meeting this morning...the group that I meet with on Thursday is taking a field trip a different group is coming and taking us to have lunch and shop at a mall..I will window shop that mall is pretty expensive...

Will come home and wait for a text from my aunt to see if she is coming back tonight...will text her on my way home so I know if I need to fix dinner...we will have hamburgers and fries cooked in the oven or grilled cheese and fries cooked in the oven...

I don't have a lot of plans for tomarrow other the possibility of company again...it all depends on how my Aunts husband does today and if he feels like making the trip all the way home...

Comment

Good Morning, snow on the ground here, just a dusting really, but it is very cold out.

Elaine, I hope you do check into the wood burning and John's health, ask the Dr. for sure and do other research on line..Really the only time I am around wood burning is when we camp and I am very careful about where I am sitting when the smoke is rolling out, a lot of times Doug takes care of my pie iron if the smoke is heavy. I didn't like driving so far for a Dr. when in IL but got use to it, just dreaded it if I had problems, so be careful out there, takes the whole day just for an appt.

Maye, potato soup and grilled ham & cheese sandwiches sound good...hope by the time you have to take Dave for appt. things will be cleared off, and as much as he may not like it, take a walker with you just in case all the handicap places are taken, better safe than sorry. The past 4 days I have not had any problems with posting, but mine was so much more than just hitting post reply and it would be there later, mine would go away, I would have to redo, hit post reply and it would totally disappear again...so much more frustration, had it not stopped I would not be here..and that I would miss.

Bethina, hope you have a good day with the shopping trip and hope your day is fun.

Justy I keep saying I am going to get a housekeeper, but then again I am healthy enough now to do my own so will just wait on that... but at times it sure sounds good..of course having someone cook for me every now and again would be nice also..

I have not decided what I will be doing today, sure something will hit me later, hubby thought for sure yesterday I would be out and about because it was snowing and it has always been when it snows I am out there in it, LOL....I love it!! Well time to read the news, drink my coffee and get this day started...you can be happy its not the events in your life but how you react to them...thinking positive can make life so much better, glass half full instead of half empty...Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...
            I saw my oncologist's NP yesterday. I sat in the exam room 1/2 hr waiting, by then my appointment would have been over.......but I had her running overtime with some new problems. I posted about it last evening in a separate family room thread. But now I understand why I've felt so listless and cold all the time (despite our warming weather, I still have a heating pad on my chair that I use every day). Not to mention a big, furry throw, that keeps my legs warm.
            Then I found out (via a call from my Anticoagulation Doctor in another clinic) that the Gastro' clinic was setting up a colonoscopy for me for Tuesday, of which I had not been informed by either the Gastro or the Endo' clinic. So I have more medical calls to make today. But I had been having some internal bleeding, and I have developed a strange blister on my tummy. The likes of which they have never seen before. Also my hemoglobin levels have made a significant drop. I may be facing a blood transfusion in the near future, and/or a check on my bone marrow.

Other than that, life goes on. E needs to set up my treadmill if he can. It's a heavy sonofagun!
            I have a couple loads of laundry to do today.
            Need to do some cleanup in the kitchen, if my sapping energy will allow it. I found a new pepper jack cheese with basil and tomato in it, which should make for a good grilled cheese (ham on E's, tomato on mine) sandwich for lunch today.

That's what's happening here.

Elaine, good thoughts being sent your & John's way every day.
            Maye, I grew up in Midwest conditions, and all that cold and snow. I used to love being in it. Right now I can't believe it, seeing how cold I feel here, even while people are out shopping in their shorts! 🙄
            Hi Justy, Beth, Sharon, and all who follow. Have a great day.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Cold but the snow stopped...some type of a storm is suppose to be brewing for this weekend. Hope it misses us and goes south. That would make #1 son happy since he loves this stuff and it would make me happy since I do not like this stuff. Nothing going on here today. A load of laundry and that is it. Guys ate the tacos like they were starving and since that made them so happy may be they will take me for Chinese tonight? Need to get out and return the valances and the rod...since I have to make my own I will rod pocket the door and use the rod already there. Quiet day here untul Drew comes in. He has been very gabby afternoon's. Says nothing I can remember but I do listen in case I get some info. Info is hard to get out of a nine year old unless you address him directly. Hope the doctor appointments all turn out well for those of you going. I think we all need some warm temps and hot sun.

Comment

Really good morning! Got a text that the baby and his sister are staying home today...a bit of a reprieve.
                My son said he had to drive in your snow yesterday, Maye. I told him he better get used to it and learn how to,put on chains, too. Kind of funny: Spencer said he was so,tired from his very long flight that after getting his rental car at the airport, he drove on the Wrong side of the road a bit until he came to a light and realized it!
                Luckily, it was late and no one else around...only funny because nothing bad happened. But he loves Annapolis and the area and will probably be working out of the main corp. office. They all like him, so that is good.
                Getting ready for our Valentine party tomorrow. I am taking Monday off!
                Have a good day. Be careful on those roads...you never know what tired guy from Japan may be out there!

Comment

Good Afternoon all! There was a 2 hr delay this morning for school, so we slept in.

Yesterday I spent in the kitchen all day. Tried a new recipe. I think it's a keeper, but I'll tweak it a bit next time. Kathy was here all day & I did make her a BD cake AFTER I was done cooking dinner. She eventually helped Blaise finish his Valentines box. It was Pokemon themed and he was thrilled.

This morning I took Blaise to school and I helped with the party. The kids were great and we had fun. I got to bring Blaise home with me....he wanted to ride the bus....go figure. Just called the restaurant to see what they needed for the weekend and they need nothing. He mentioned last week that he bought some frozen desserts, so apparently that's what they are serving with their Valentines meals. I'm disappointed because that's my grocery money. Oh well. Aunt J called & ordered a carrot cake for tomorrow's lunch, so I have that to do. I'll make two and freeze one of them naked, so when I get another order, I won't have to make the mess all over again.

I'm sorry to read of those under the weather. Thinking & praying for you all!

Have a good one!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.I am sorry i am late..

I to go with my mother to Dialsis..that "Early" in the morning.

And did some shopping..Before more snow come tomorrow..

And i thought was cute pic..Of our cats...
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                    X