Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ February 9

Good Morning, Friends.

Cold and super duper windy here. In fact, I thought we were going to blow away yesterday.

Trip to dentist today. He is 60 miles from here, so it will kill a few hours.

No news to report.

Have a good day!

Good morning...Today is a volunteer day...then I have an errand to run...and my sister said she would take me...I need to go by Walgreen I have to drop off my scripts..I went to a new psychiatrist on Friday he upped my anxiety meds...and said that if that didn't help he wants to put me on a low dose of antidepressants.

My aunt and her husband and two of my cousins will be here tonight to spend the night...My step uncle is having surgery in the morning...he is having lymph nodes removed to see if his cancer has spread. My house is much closer to the hospital than theirs..mine is 40 or so minutes and theirs is 2 hours. It will be nice to see all of them..I just wish it was better circumstances. I think that I will make brownies this afternoon..My cousins will be here earlier than Aunt Brenda and Rick...and my sister is coming to visit with them as well.

Mom has chemo number 2 around noon tomarrow...she doesn't seem nervous...is just tired...and absolutely sick to death of talking about her cancer..Not sure if I told you all or not but her wig looks the best I have ever seen a wig look...I told mom it does need black highlights. To my sister and I it looks our mom that needs a hair cut.

Comment

Good morning .

we are getting light snow. roads are wet but at 34 degrees , not freezing.. yard is white now.. but I will plan on staying in.. Health care nurse will be here at 10.30 to check David... when D. sees Dr. Samuels on Thursday.. I think we can discontinued the home visits.. ( altho they make me keep the house looking tidy . )...

not much happening ...my big puzzle is finally starting to be easier.. over half of the 1000 pieces are together.. so don't have to sort thru so many now hunting the "missing' one..

see you later ..

Hi Beth, you have a busy day ahead.!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
        Nice weather is holding for a change here.
        The Climate Change lecture last night was a good one. Can't say I understood the chemistry part all that well, but the message got through. It's serious.
        Today, some shopping to do. Some things to rearrange here. (My treadmill came in.). The fridge needs cleaning out.
        Guess I'll get my cuppa ☕️ and some cereal, and start my day.
        By then, the dawn should break.

Have a great day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good WHITE Morning! Looks pretty out there.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but it was good. I got all the apples peeled & have enough for 15 10" pies if that's how I decide to use them. They are all divided into 1 gallon bags & stacked neatly in my big freezer. Made a nice fish dinner last night.

When I went for my new birth certificate, I had a couple hours to kill until it was ready. I went shopping with coupons in hand at their local Giant Eagle. One of the deals I got that day was 4 bags of Diamond pecans in their shell for $1.99/lb which would work out to $4/lb once shelled...normally. Well there were so many rotten ones that I was lucky to get 1 1/2lbs out of the 4lbs and they kind of tasted funky. Well Diamond has a 100% guarantee if you aren't COMPLETELY satisfied, so I wrote a letter & enclosed all 4 empty bags. Yesterday I got a note along with 4 coupons for 4 bags of SHELLED pecans. Supposedly that batch shouldn't have passed inspection...whatever. I say they put 2nd & 3rds in those bags.

This morning I have a Gyn appt...yea haw! Then I plan to go to Aldi's to pick up supplies for us & for the Valentines party on Thursday. Today is the last day of the sale on grapes, and I want those for part of the snack. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Will sit with Blaise & have him finish up his Valentines. Yesterday Blaise & Kathy worked on his box. It's a Pokemon themed one. They painted a box together....nice.

Beth...a good friend of mine has a disorder that causes her to only have wisps of hair on her head, so she has several wigs. She takes them to her hairdresser & she trims them up. You'd never know it wasn't her own hair.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all. Cool but not frosty this morning with no rain expected until next week.

Have been feeling more like myself all week so I'm getting things done sooner

Beth, my friend had her wig trimmed and styled by a hairdresser who did a good job but it took both of us to get her to style it the Betty wore her hair. She didn't care for fashion so she always wore her hair in a style that was of late 50s. finally got it right but I never saw her wear it. She just used scarves or one of those turban things.

Cookie, good deal getting the nuts replaced. Do you have an apple peeling device? Mine peels a ;little thicker than I would but it's sure a lot easier than peeling with achy old hands. It's ancient but it gets the job done.

More on another post. Have a good one.

Comment

well all my plans for the day have changed. the adult day care I volunteer at is closed...so I am going back to sleep.

Comment

Good Morning. Wish it was white outside, starting to get a few flurries, not supposed to amount to much. Still working on getting rid of more "stuff", cleaning out drawers and such, mainly my computer desk and file cabinet. Hubby has me hang onto way to many papers, about ready to hand him a big trash can and tell him to start shredding them maybe he wouldn't want me to hang on to so much "stuff". Such a chore...if it doesn't have a purpose it must go, if I haven't used or seen it in over a year, it must go, the list of reasons goes on...

Need to get a menu together, such a tiring and boring job but one that needs done, run out of ideas, searching for high protein/low carb recipes that even a hubby would like. Nothing else going on here, so have a great day one and all. Think positive, not negative, makes your life so much better...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Two days in a row that I have been able to type and post without a problem, sure hope it continues...
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It flurried all day and into the night and the ground is white but the snow has no depth. Cold this morning with slick roads so I may not venture out. Ran the vac and did laundry yesterday so I have nothing to do today! I am even wondering if I should bother dressing today. I think I am due a jammie day once in a while. Talked with my sister yesterday and she is really sick with a head cold compliments of her darling grands so a shopping day we had planned is on hold. Have you noticed the summer clothes are coming out? Can it really be getting close? Close but for today it is sweats and two pair of socks. Snowing again and this winter stuff really sucks!!

Comment

Four kids here so my morning is starting fast!
                      And Who brings a non potty trained 2 year old without a diaper Or pull up Or panties, even "she didn't want me to put any on..." I just said ok, I will. Can you imagine the work that first accident would be? A time consuming clean up for the child, the floor and their clothes...enough. Sorry. But, honestly, even with my first child, I knew better.
                      Sunny and warm again today. The almond trees are blooming! The violets and almond trees are always first to bloom.
                      Barb, will you get lots of wild flowers now that we have had some rain?
                      I have to go back up to Redding and sign and pay for my taxes.
                      Two year old just went into the bathroom.
                      I am off and running!
                      Have a good day tie everything down, Elaine!
                      Maye, my son is enjoying being back East. We'll see if the snow changes that.

Comment

Aloha all!

Another cool day here so will wear the other sweat shirt I brought with me. But it's nice and clear out and will soon go for my walk.

Have a nice day all!

Comment

Wonder what kind of weather Jostoy is having..she hasn't checked in lately...

Comment

Working...
                          X