Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ January 28

Good Morning, Everyone.

I just finished reading yesterday's thread. I won't respond to everyone, but it is so nice knowing we are all still connected (heart strings).

I totally lost yesterday. I had a strange reaction (hives) to something - have no idea what - and took 2 Benadryl around 10a and lost the entire day.

If I tell you we are not doing anything. I mean we are not. I am so paranoid about picking up a germ somewhere (after John's Bronchitis (twice) that we are almost in hibernation mode.

Today I must cook the pork roast I planned for yesterday. Other than that, nothing.

Hope you all have a great day.

Oh~ Maybe a Texas Sheet Cake could fit into the schedule.

Good early morning

Kd Kat and I have a new schedule... actually she has me on HER schedule... standing by head and purring in my ear.. at 4am... isn't that sweet?. agggg.... but today it was ok..
    I came home from visiting David in early afternoon.. ,he had company coming in the evening so I stayed home and slept the evening away.. I plan to go up by myself today and just set with him.... he has a UTI issue they are treating .Doctor more or less assured him he can go home Friday afternoon... sure hope so.. he is getting sooo grumpy. can't say I blame him.. he is doing great in therapy . steady on his feet... the weather guys are calling for snow flakes .. and then Snow tomorrow... son#3 is taking 2 hours off tomorrow afternoon to help me get D. home and Son #1. said he could stay all night ,,,, just to be here in case D. needs any help getting in/out bed at first..

Elaine texas sheet cake sounds soooooo good....been ages since I made one... maybe try that this weekend..

hi to you all... sure will be nice to be "home" and get into routine of games and posting ..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I suppose I'm to blame for everyone craving Texas sheet cake now since I mentioned it yesterday. I never got around to making anything yesterday - Chris and I went out for supper as I had a BOGO coupon for TGIFridays that was to expire yesterday.

Maybe today.

I took today and tomorrow off - am going to Erin's school to meet with the guidance counselor today.

My tax return is scheduled to hit the bank tomorrow and I have a LONG list of bills to be paid with it. *sigh*

So I'm gonna sit right here and drink my coffee and listen to the rain coming down softly outside.

Y'all have a good 'un.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Rise and shine...

another cold day..i am ready for summer...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nothing much on the agenda today other than payroll.

Guys installed a new furnace in the shop yesterday. Changed over to gas and now the gas co. should put a meter back today in as we had it taken out years ago.

Need to get moving. Throw some clothes in the washer and set a bag of trash out as it is the cleaning ladies day again already.

Have a good day all.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Looks like Feb. is coming in with spring-like temps everywhere. Well everywhere that I keep a check on anyway. Will be in the low 70's here this weekend. plan to put on my capris and hit the white beach sand for a long walk along that beautiful blue water. Anyone want to join me...there is still time to make it down. I can meet you at the airport if you don't think you can make it by car.

Cleaned the condo yesterday and then didn't do much else. It was in the mid 50's, but with the wind and cloudiness, it seemed a bit colder. Too cool for me to sit outside anyway.

Have no idea what I might do today. It is "get out and about" day, so might finally head east to see about a tour into New Orleans. Or see what else is available.

Everyone have a great day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Volunteering this morning...Cleaning house this afternoon and evening..Yesterday was pretty good....I left on the bus early in the morning...went to old town...found what mom wanted and went to a cookie shop...went to good will didn't find much...then went out to lunch...then came home...church last night was just exactly what I needed..

I am so hoping that today will be a better volunteer day...my other volunteer day this week wasn't very good....Too loud and very very stressful.

Comment

Good SUNNY but BITTER COLD Morning!

Yesterday was good. Spent most of it in the kitchen baking & cooking. Tried a new dish I saw posted on FB and it's a keeper. I didn't exactly tell Corky what all was in it & he actually tried it & liked it. He did spot the bacon, but just picked it out...whatever. Got a call from the restaurant and baked their 2 German Choc pies and took the extra naked carrot cake out of the freezer & thawed it. Got it iced this morning.

This morning got started with a cell phn call at 6:30am. It was one of Kathy's old boy friends. Apparently she reached out to him claiming to be wanting to kill herself. He called me wanting to know where she was...have no idea. Hated to sound callous, be she's a drama queen and has done this before. Not worrying. My concern is Blaise. If she'd get herself a stupid job and keep busy paying bills & taking care of Blaise, she would have a normal life. She came home the other day with 3 leftover containers from a Mexican restaurant & just left them outside. This from a girl that's not working. My husband's working his tail off & we haven't been out to eat since he got laid off from the Union since Sept. What's wrong with this equation?

Anyways, I'm going to Bible study this morning & will deliver the baked goods once I get home. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Paperwork & laundry probably.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                  We went to see the musical comedy of The Cisco Kid, and it was really funny! 😂 So glad we went.
                  We always have tickets for our nephew & niece. She has had heart and breathing problems this year. She sees the same oncologist I do...she likes him, I don't. She has made progress this year. I certainly didn't, and in fact have a side effect now that could get serious. I see his head nurse in a couple of weeks, I may or may not see him when she hears about it. I do see a gastroenterologist (new to my collection of doctors) next week. She might do something helpful. The oncologist thinks my gastro problems are funny. I think he's been pretty useless. Oh well. This time I'll take in the med description from the hospital and highlight the side effects problems I experience (which he doesn't take seriously, although the prescription comes from his office). The gastro doctor will surely be able to discern where a passing of blood is coming from, and maybe we will make a little headway to fixing a couple of things.

Today's weather should reach the 70's. Nice, if I can get some yardwork done. This morning we have to take the car for its checkup. I have another load of laundry to get going, too. Got some ground beef that calls to be made into meatloaf patties. And make a shopping list as well, as groceries will be needed soon.

Elaine, I hope those hives go away quickly. The Texas sheet cake does sound good.
                  Maye, I hope Dave will be coming home Friday. Long hospital stays are very tedious. Then KD will have him to wake up, instead of you (wont he be happy with that?) 😉
                  Sassy, that cat is funny in there!!!! Thanks.
                  Cookie, the Kathy saga continues. Too bad she's making it a pattern of her life. What's the new dish you made yesterday?

To everyone, have a very good day! ❣
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Busy day today and both kids coming in for supper. Going to be pizza night since we have no water in the kitchen except for what was all over the floor when we removed the old dishwasher last night. I ordered two couch pillow shams from Amazon a while ago and they never came so called about them. Appears I opened an entire search and rescue thing. Got an early morning call about tracking them and all I want is my shams...the total order was less than $20.00. Nice that they are so concerned but couldn't they just reship them? I am sure some employee down the road is looking at my shams on their couch thinking what good taste the lady that ordered them has. The kitchen curtains are in with the exception of the back ordered valances so cannot hang them. Oh Joystoy I would love a nice walk down a beach. White sand and sun are my dream combination! But for now my nightmare is living in the state of Illinois. I see blue sky and sun outside this morning and temps going into the 40s and we almost through another winter month. Elaine, hives are no fun and you may never know what set them off.

Comment

Good morning. Yesterday, no call or warning, the insulation showed up to be installed! The access is in the daycare baby room, so with a fast adjustment of gates and windows, we got ready and now have new insulation. Those guys were very good, fast and polite. And I had 2 absent kids, the two who are into everything, so it worked out better than it could have been...
                      Hugs to you all!

Comment

Good midday to all. Have had a really nasty headache for 2 1/2 days now, now this morning also very sick to my stomach so looks like more couch time for me.
                        And then half of what I typed is gone...GRRR
                        Elaine sure hope you found out what caused the hives. Chocolate Texas sheet cake or white? Benadryl really puts me out.

Maxie hope you get your water back on today, seems something always happening.

Jostoy it would almost be worth the cost of a plane ticket to come down and wring you neck from rubbing your great weather, sand, beach and blue water in our faces, THEN I would go enjoy all the above mentioned things.

Aunt Maye sure good to hear Dave is doing so well.
                        Last edited by boffler; 01-28-2016, 12:08 PM.
                        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I hit post instead of return. Oops. Pat hope someone can give you some advice/ideals on what to do.. Counseling alone and then together for both of you?
                          joG hope they figure things out for you, the Gastroentrology is a complicated thing.

Donna, wish I had an answer or a fix to help with Kathy, I have no idea on any advice, just sending my prayers.

Well time to go, doing this makes my head hurt worse.

Have a great day, the sun is shining today that is enough to make anyone's day better.
                          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sharon , you have definitely made my day! How you can keep such a sense of humor when things go bad for you (especially headaches !). I think you have just eliminated the residual doldrums this week has given me and I've had trouble shaking off, thank you.
                            (Do you give lessons? )
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Yes, Pat, your are to blame for everyone wanting a Texas sheet cake. I want one too. Just like if someone mentions CHOCOLATE I want some NOW. Have been know to raid the cooking chocolate too.

So glad David is coming home tomorrow. It'll he some much easier for you to have him there for you. But be prepared to go and get things for him that he used to do for himself. Of course that should slack off as he gets better unless you spoil him.

I am carless for a few days. Had to let Patty take my car as the part for her transmission wasn't even there yet. I had to cancel plans to go to a function tomorrow with my friend Susan. Offered to pay for a take but we decided it was way to expensive. About $60 it would be.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                              X