Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIF ~ Jan. 22nd

Morning all

Was awakened at 2:47 by the weather alert on my phone going off. Tornado warning in the area - really major thunderstorm moving through.

Went ahead and got up and made coffee. The storm passed completely through in 1 hour - so I clocked in at 4:40 a.m. this morning.

Hope your day goes smoothly - looking forward to a weekend off!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning

hi Pat.. you have a storm ,,I have a Cat.. I have been sleeping on the Big Bed that David uses. and Cat has decided to keep me company ... except her mental alarm goes off at 4am.. agggg.. so up. showered. and ate. already.. Mike is a sound sleeper. but says he is getting up early today..
    we spent from 10.30 until almost 7. in with David...he is getting very grumpy.. good sign... but he is so impatient with not being allowed to get up by himself to go to the bathroom.. is is supposed to have someone.there just assisting him.... they want no Falling patients. ...I reported it to nurse. and that got him a lecture... also a funny reminder , if you gotta go. GO.. they are used to wet floors and wet beds.. however I have an old fashion kind of hubby.. where it is embarrassing to talk about or have "accidents"... he is not eating as well as he should . and that is slowing done some of his statistics..dropping the blood count and sugar results....... . the wound /heart are doing great tho.. me, I am so glad Mike is here.
    and I am getting tired!.. I need a day at home just lolligagging around... ...Donnas sister in law Sherri...left supper on my door sill.wonderful help.

well, better get dressed and tidy up house a wee bit... I do come in and read every evening... so all of you just behave..keep those pryers coming..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday we got the snow..We got three inches..

Now we have rain all day.

My alarm clock..Got me up..( Squeakie)...That was 6 am..I am up..They get the nice warm bed..With extra quilts on the bed..

Be safe everyone
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning, all.
        We have to decide whether to run to Phx for the weekend. Last night our middle DD started having a "meltdown".
        Every time she has to take his name off something, her heart breaks all over again. Christmastime is when he actually walked away without a word to her. But it was this month he began cutting his connections with the family. She said she has 17 years of "doors to close", and nobody knows why.
        Sadly, he has had very little connection or interaction with his daughter, so she isn't as affected by the situation --- and maybe that's a good thing.
        So we planned to drive up there for the weekend and give them some moral support. It's a lot to absorb all at once.

That's as far ahead as I'm thinking right now. I'll share a couple of thoughts with E when he gets up. That will decide what we decide to do for this weekend.

Have a great day, peeps! 😎
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, let's see if I can type this and get it posted before I get an error message of some sort. That is the reason I have not been here, far to aggravating to type, retype, etc. only to have it disappear..I am doing good, MRI shows proctitis inflammation, fistula that has branched out to three areas, will be doubling the dose of Remicade, see if in 6 months they are closing up...for now, all is okay. We are not getting any snow, it is south of us, I really wanted a good snow...needing some snow ice cream..Made homemade sausage patties yesterday and beef jerky, today need to find some low carb low fat desserts that interest me..Think I might go shopping, been looking at livingroom furniture, sectional with a separate recliner for hubby...well off to get a shower, put in a load of darks in the wash, and get this day started...

Glad David seems to be doing so well, Aunt Mayer, hope you get a lounging day just for you soon..

Take care one and all, glad I could post, will come back again if this keeps up, LOL...Hugs to all, smile and the world will smile back in some way or the other..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning. Boy I slept sound. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow....no school or alarms. Want to bet I wake up early on my own?

Yesterday was sort of productive. We got our rejection letter for a Medical Card that we were required to apply for by The MarketPlace, so now we can get that insurance, or so we thought. Get this, we don't qualify for the tax credit because he currently doesn't earn enough, but we don't qualify for a Medical Card because we are worth too much (retirement funds). I panicked but then I ask her to do it again with a higher YEARLY income because we anticipate him going back to work for the Union in the next couple of months, which will make us earning enough. I felt guilty fudging things, but it all shoot me up for a while. Worked on a little bit more paperwork until it was time to get Blaise. We then delivered the 4 pies and ran into town to go to the bank & Aldi's. I got him a McD's burger & fries. Eating out has been so rare lately that a burger & fries excites him....as it should. Take nothing for granted! Me, I so want to go out for Chinese, but if we'd do it, I would see half a week's worth of grocery money flitted away. I'd rather eat good for several days rather than for one meal. Started going through my x-stitch patterns & picked one. Going to try doing a picture since I got these new glasses. I LOVED stitching, but haven't been able to see the holes for years now because I like to hold my fabric up close & personal...LOL!

This morning I have an appt for a hair cut. More paperwork & laundry to do.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Sure glad I don't live in the eastern part of the U.S. where they are expecting ice and/or 2 feet + of snow. I can't imagine what I'd do trying to shovel out of that kind of mess or even if I'd have enough warm clothes to stay warm until the power companies could get the power back up and running.

Guess we should be thankful for what we have, or in the case of bad weather, what we don't have. We only had a few thunder boomers last night, and some cool weather for the next 3 days.

Everyone have a great day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning. Been awake since 4 but didn't want to get out of bed so just read iPad.

Happy to see everyone here this morning. It's cold for us - below freezing, but it won't last long.

Janet, hope you are getting enough rest.
                Sharon, glad you made it and gave us an update on your health.

FB told me yesterday to freeze peaches for 24 hours and then put them in a food processor. 24 hours is up so I'll get them out of the freezer and see if it was worth it.

Have a day and stay warm and stay safe.

Comment

Good morning..more evaluations today...still trying to figure exactly what type of job I might be good at...we have a good idea we just want to expand the horizon...

Unsure of other plans due to the cold. I really want to go to the craft store. It just all depends on what I decide because I don't want to have to stand outside for to long waiting on the bus.

Comment

WOW! You guys are up and at 'em early!

It is 37 degrees and I am happy about that because it was supposed to be in the high 20s! Be safe, Pat!!!!!

I am rushing again. I have an appointment with my cardiologist because my PCP found a blood clot on my left calf and he wants it looked at! I have a full day and a meeting tonight!

Have a super day everyone!!!!
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

I have been awake since 3 but stayed in bed watching movies and the news and I must say early morning movies are crappy...I love old westerns but a musical from the '30s is more than I can handle and the local, national news is awful. Is there anything more nauseating than politics in an election year? Are there any 'normal' candidates? Jon cleaned off my car last evening so I will venture out today and pickup my curtains. Had to order them to my size. So sick of cooking so it may be a leftover night. Don't think any of the kids will be here but that could change. Looking forward to getting out but need to shower and dress first. Glad everyone is on the mend and I do feel sorry for David. I know how hard it is to be stuck when you are used to being independent. Going to warm above freezing this weekend so maybe the back roads will clear some. We have had snow and we have suffered through the cold so isn't it time for summer?

Comment

Hi, again.
                        Looks like we don't need to run to Phx after all. DD has managed to get a grip on things. I told her not to skip meals while she is so stressed out. Will probably have to send her a check, because her evil hubby is not sending support of any kind and she may need groceries.... I might include a shopping list so she buys some good foods. I hate to think Raman noodles are the main basis of their diet.
                        She has a schedule to meet and chores needing to get done. So that is probably a good thing for her.

Moms worry. I hate to see her hurting so much. Truly, the guy has never been worth it; never has.

On a better note, the day is ours, the weekend is ours, and we have a full schedule for next week. Two fun activities to look forward to: the climate change lecture #1 of 6, and the gaslight theater. Two mundane activities to balance that ---car checkup, and my INR test. 🙄

Punkin, do you have to wear support hose to fight blood clots? I do because I have a history of those. I prefer the Jobst brand.

Wow, the weather you guys are having! Today we get to the mid-70's, but we've got some winds to deal with as well. Tucson, the new Windy City!!! 😉
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I need to adjust my schedule so I have morning time for the RT!
                          New baby makes for a lot of changes.
                          Today I have a great friend who is having surgery for bladder cancer. It has already spread to her bones and liver...so, prayers for Sher, but nothing on Facebook. I told her daughter who asked me that I have a great support group here and would ask you all. From diagnosis to surgery has been 2 weeks...
                          Jo, I am keeping your DD in my thoughts and prayers as well as those here on RT.

Comment

Flew through Target because I was in a hurry to pickup my curtains and when I got there the valances were on back order. Well drat! Now I have to wait until February to see if I will like them....although I think I will. Then came home and dripped my lunch all down the front of me on a brand new sweatshirt Sierra gave me for Christmas. Put the groceries away and forgot the main reason I needed to shop...milk! It was not a productive morning. Jo it is hard when your kids are hurting but being able to help out even in a monetary way is a good thing. I think it is wonderful how you keep yourself informed and are constantly being educated by the lectures you attend. I try to read mornings but sometimes current events stuff is so boooriiiing!

Comment

Aloha all!

Maye, I hope you can take a day of rest. When Buddy was in rehab right after his stroke we (Patty and I) had to drive to Tucson every day (about 70 miles) and one day I stayed home and she went alone. Gave me a day of rest and you need that too, so hope your family can spell you one day. Are you caught up in this storm or is it NE of you?

Pat, glad you survived your storm.

Will go on my walk in a bit as soon as I check in. Think I didn't check in yesterday.

For those of you who go on Facebook my son, Bill Morris posted some awesome picture of a moon rise over the water this morning on his way to get breakfast before going to work. He also has posted some picture of sunset and whale watching that are quite good. Remember he is a special needs man but he has gotten quite good at taking pictures with his phone.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                              X