Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise! It is sunday, 17 january 2016. Good morning all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise! It is sunday, 17 january 2016. Good morning all!

God morning everyone! I am so happy to be able to post on the RT! Thank you to Kim and Nightstorm!!

Our low today is supposed to be 31 and the high 60! It is 41 right now.

I hope you will forgive me for being AWPL for a few days.Real life has been in my face bog time! After more than 52 years of marriage, Bob has filed for divorce and I am countersuing. It has been really difficult. And I FINALLY got my medicare supplement policy and the drug policy through Aetna.The drug plan wont start until 1 February 2016.

I am going to brunch this afternoon. Our Small Christian Comm8nity Sharing Group is meeting at the country club. I have been to the club before and the food was very good. My friend's son used to be the chef there, but he foud a better job and left. I have no idea how good the food will be!

I will be going to the 8:30am Mass and I posted pictures of our new church. We will celebrate our 1st anniversary Mass on 2 February 2016.

I hope that everyone will have a great day. Whatever you do - enjoy it!!!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..Another cold day...

the fubabies has there own heating pad..
    They are staying nice and warm..
    i saw this kitty pic...And thought i should share..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning.

Casserole ready for the oven. Now to get me ready for church.

Have a wonderful Sunday. Stay warm.

Comment

Good Morning ..

HI VAL.! good to see you here at last!...

Chilly 27. House feels "cold".. probably just me... we stayed in yesterday . the guys watched lots of football.. plan on staying in today too. more football.. for guys...I will hide in my Cave. ,reading ... I kind of assume some of the family will show up.. most of the grands have phone their Pappy.. David was looking ahead to recovery weeks.and making him think he might not really want to go through that part of this operation....
        However, in less than 24 hours they will be working on his chest/ heart...

kittys in black are cute .
        Hi Elaine .. I think we will skip church.. keep away from crowds of people yet today...

will be back later to read.

Hi Paula
        HI Justy

and hello to all of you ..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.. Checking in using tablet....something going with computer...

Comment

I guess my computer fixed itself...I never made here yesterday..I finally went to walk in clinic while in IL visiting my parents...my ears are well on their way to infected and I have a horrible sinus infection.

We had a birthday party for my dad yesterday...fun was had by all...I slept through most of it...

Today I will just rest...

Comment

Good morning!
              BIG NEWS in our family! I can't post this on Facebook, but I can tell the RT.
              My son Spencer is getting a big promotion and Moving Back! I never thought his company would bring him back from Japan because he can speak the language and do business in Japanese. He said there was also an opportunity to go to London, but felt for both his career and family, coming back to the U.S. would be the best. There is a possibility they will come to Ca, but bigger possibility it will be Maryland...all happening by April!
              He put in a conference call when all of us could talk. Stuart, Becky and I all got to hear him ( choke up) and tell us the big news! For once technology was my friend!
              I woke up smiling, thinking, They're coming Home!

Comment

It is white outside! Just a few flakes falling at the moment. Forecast is for 3º low today. Brrr, guess it is that time of year.

For some reason there has been a shortage of diet coke around here. Sam's finally had some so sent Grandson there for 6 cases and some other things. Figured I better get stocked up for several weeks due to shortage or the weather. I know diet coke isn't good for you but I like them!

Hi Maye, good luck.

Comment

Still morning, check..Many things to get done this morning before we head to MI for my MRI, and I am very, very nervous about that, I am very claustrophobic and once before they tried it and I went into a full blown panic attack...so we will see. Hoping it will not be a wasted two hour trip...can't eat or drink after 1:00 p.m., the appt. is 5:00 p.m. Got my shower, hair done, and dressed, waiting for hubby, going to leave a little early, stop and get something to eat along the way, and also stop by our sons house who lives in MI...so other than that, not much shaking around here...have a great day one and all...hugs and prayers, LOL...
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh my gosh Paula that is such good news...you will be a total mess by April, LOL so happy for you, your son, and families..
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I'm with you and Coke. I just crave a coke and can tell when someone slips in a pepsi. Very cold this morning and a new dusting of snow but sun is shining for now. They are predicting better snow for later this week. My eldest loves winter and snow and complains that the weather forecasters take the snow out of the cold with their constant yammering on about it. For me I say go ahead and yammer away and keep the snow from falling. Yesterday was a nice shopping trip. Picked up a new door wreath for the new door and it is beautiful. Found the pillow covers I wanted but should have gone ahead and bought the second pair too. Another excuse to go back to the mall I guess. Sierra picked up her Blue's jersey and then herded grandma into the PINK store where we as in me, managed to leave a few bucks! She bought her own jersey then told me she was used to paying because mommy dearest makes her pay for everything. I ask if she paid room and board and she replied 'not yet'. I let it drop since moving was her decision but did nicely remind her that she had no, none, nada and nothing in expenses when she lived here. Some things just slip out of my mouth but I bit my tongue hard thinking that may bring a response but it did not so we continued on with our shopping day and lunch out. Pink cost me my shoes but another day...can't wear them in the snow anyway. Jon is off tomorrow so we should be getting the pantry back together. House is cold and I need another cup of coffee...I do not work well when my hands hurt and the cold is creeping in...darn winter just sucks!!

Comment

Afternoon all! Oh Paula....I got all teary eyed reading your news. I KNOW how exciting it is to be coming back HOME even if it's to Maryland, it would feel closer....I think. Didn't check the mileage. Boffler....hope you check in before tomorrow....want to know how you make out.

Yesterday was good for the most part. Both customers showed up by 11am to pick up their orders. I then headed out. Stopped at Aunt Janet's church for their indoor "garage" sale. It wasn't actually their sale, but individuals who set up tables with their stuff to sell. The first table I went to have a brand new Pampered Chef 9x13 stone for $10 which sells for around $50 at a party. I don't NEED it, but I may give it as a gift or give it to one of my girls later in life....just couldn't pass it up. Didn't find a single plate of any sort for cookies or cakes. There were a couple for $3, but I don't spend that much on a plate. I did meet a Tupperware lady and I have a set of 4 containers reserved for me. For $55 I'm getting a 42 cup, 32 cup, 22 cup, and 12 cup containers. I already have the 42C & 32C and used them all the time last summer when I made a big batch of pie filling. Business expense. How's that for justification? They are a pretty deep cranberry color I think. We'll meet up someday when I'm headed into town. Picked up a whole chicken at WM with some fixings and roasted the chicken for dinner since it was Becca's last night with us. She ended up going to the movies with a friend from work. Was just getting ready to head to bed around 11:50 when who strolls in but Kathy....thought it was Becca coming in the door. She's been in Ohio for a week & a half. Big whoop! I quickly gathered up my purse & Blaise's money he'd been toting around and took them to bed with me. Don't trust a jobless broke person.

Becca didn't go to church with us this morning. She stayed home & got her stuff all packed and left a little after we got home. Won't see her again until Easter I think. She may stay one night before she leaves for Mettle Beach for Spring Break. She's going to FL in early February for a sorority convention. When she went back to school, she's now officially a Senior. She earned enough college credits in HS, that she gets to graduate a semester early, so she's be done this December. YEA!!!

When she left, I headed to town because we were hungry for Little Ceaser's Pizza, so I picked up stuff at Aldi's (their hams were $5 off!) and cold meds at WM. Have chicken simmering and plan to make a pot of chicken rice soup. Plan to take over some to Aunt J's for their supper and give Uncle D a hug before surgery. I did see him when I was picking up the pizza. Was shocked. He's not allowed to drive & I didn't see anyone with him. Here my cousin Mike was in the Verizon store picking up a charger.....whew! Thought Uncle Dave had escaped by himself! LOL!!!

I like Diet Coke, but if I have a choice, I like Diet Doctor Pepper better.

Have a good one all!
                        Last edited by cookielady; 01-17-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Good afternoon all

Paula - FAB news! I know you are ALL thrilled!

Chris made french toast and bacon for breakfast because he promised he would. Now he's gone to work and I have already baked a carrot cake and it is cooling. Gotta run to the store for confectioners' sugar for the icing. Also have a pot roast in the pressure cooker with carrots. Will make mashed taters to go with it.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna get my book and settle on the couch for a while.

Y'all have a good 'un!
                          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by boffler View Post
                            Still morning, check..Many things to get done this morning before we head to MI for my MRI, and I am very, very nervous about that, I am very claustrophobic and once before they tried it and I went into a full blown panic attack...so we will see. Hoping it will not be a wasted two hour trip...can't eat or drink after 1:00 p.m., the appt. is 5:00 p.m. Got my shower, hair done, and dressed, waiting for hubby, going to leave a little early, stop and get something to eat along the way, and also stop by our sons house who lives in MI...so other than that, not much shaking around here...have a great day one and all...hugs and prayers, LOL...
                            Boffler,I am too..This help me out alot..I close my eyes and think "Happy thoughts"..Or a beach with the waves coming....I hope this help..I know it did to me..

Comment

Late Aloha all!

Wow, Paula, I am so happy for you. What wonderful news.

Thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow, Maye. It will be a long day but you do have family with you to wait along with you.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                              X