Quilters: A Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilters: A Photo

Thought you quilters here might like to see my niece Brenda's latest quilt. (She has made MANY). I don't really understand much. She said blocks had over 240 pieces, but I don't know how many blocks are here. She said she still has to put the binding on.

She and her husband made a trip to New England in 2014, and he died suddenly a year later. The is a memory of their trip.

What I thought was super clever is how she hung it between French doors with pants hangers. She is a very clever girl. And she is my age plus 1 year.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 12-16-2015, 09:44 AM.

That is beautiful...I don't make enough quilts to ever make one like that...that is a lot pieces per block. I sure admire and commend her on her talent...what a wonderful memory quilt..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE!!!.... Was this , by chance, a kit where she sewed the pieces together?. or did she design and cut pieces herself?.....I made gd dau Shawna a quilt , made of 2 " blocks. of all colors, prints, solids... called it the Jacob's Blanket .. and then quilted it.. about 22 years ago.. and also made a quilt for Hannah ,called the Flower garden of small hexagons... that one I did by hand ... there is no machine stitches in it at all... about 16-17 yrs ago.. the sweetest thing about it to me... she had two great - grandmothers alive when she was born.. and both were superb quilters.. when I got it almost done quilting.. I took it out of frame and took to each lady to quilt a section ... btw. their quilting is so superior to mine .. but ....

that is truly a work of art.!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

That is beautiful. I don't quilt but I admire people who have the patience and skill to do it.

Comment

Janet, I know she bought a pattern, but the fabrics were all her own.

Comment

Its beautiful! Such talent and patience!
            It's amazing.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyebug View Post
              Thought you quilters here might like to see my niece Brenda's latest quilt. (She has made MANY). I don't really understand much. She said blocks had over 240 pieces, but I don't know how many blocks are here. She said she still has to put the binding on.

She and her husband made a trip to New England in 2014, and he died suddenly a year later. The is a memory of their trip.

What I thought was super clever is how she hung it between French doors with pants hangers. She is a very clever girl. And she is my age plus 1 year.
              Ladybug,That is one beautiful quilt that i ever seen.

you should be so proud of her..What great to remember that trip..

Comment

Gorgeous! What a beautiful memory...

Comment

What a sweet memorial. Thank you, Elaine, for sharing this with us.

Comment

Working...
                  X