SUDDENLY SATURDAY 21 NOVEMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUDDENLY SATURDAY 21 NOVEMBER

WOW! It is Saturday morning already! Good morning everyone. As usual at this hour, all I can say is that it is dark and no light can be seen - except for the gaudy street lights that don't put out much light.

I had a burst of ambition yesterday and I FINALLY went and had a manicure and a pedicure! My toe nails now match my fingernails! I do not miss the pain of having the blanket hit my too-long toe nails and I do like being an old lady with style. LOL Now, I have to make sure it doesn't get so cod that I cant wear my sandals and show off my toes! It's too bad they can't take out the yucky wrinkles and skin discoloration!

I just lost half my post! GRRRRRRR

Donald's lawyer called and said that the judge had made a mathematical error and he would have to serve 35 years and not 38. I guess that was good news for Don.

I realized that I missed posting yesterday. The day just went by so fast. I was up at 3am and said my prayers and had coffee. Then, I was surprised that it was 10am!!! I had fallen asleep and didn't know it. I had t rush t get my nails done, do some grocer shopping and go to the dollar store to get some 'holiday' supplies. (I did NOT say the "C" word! I found some chair covers that look like Santa's cap. They are cute and my dining room chairs will look festive. After that all got done, I rushed home to put away the groceries, etc. and get ready for Mass and a meeting after Mass. It was a LOMG day. must have slept good last night! I am not sure because I was asleep.

I think I will stay home today and work on my Christmas cards. I want to get them mailed next week. I will try and watch those "C" movies while doing the cards. (Like, I can't think and chew gum at the same time! LOL) I will have to get the tree out of the storage room at some point. It is a real hassle because there is so much stuff crammed into that room.

I will be going to Thanksgiving dinner with friends and I am looking forward to that. What plans do you have?

I will be on retreat 11-13 December. It is our annual Franciscan Advent Retreat. It is held at the Poor Clare Monastery in Traveler's Rest, SC. It is beeyouteefull up there! A real treat will be that our pastor is the retreat-master and he will be talking about his pilgrimage to the Holy Land and his walking the El Camino de Santiago trail. It will be a great Advent treat!

I am so sorry for rambling on and on! I hope y'all have a great Saturday!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good Morning!

Well Val, we've had a lot of surprising things posted here, but I think yours are the first toes that greeted me first thing in the morning. Nice color. Looks festive. I always think it is fascinating to see which colors people choose. For me, it is always black or burgundy. All of my friends wear red year round. Don' like red on my toes. Must say something about my personality.

O! I hear John getting up. I want to get his bedding into the washer before he makes his bed. Better run. Have a good day!!!

Comment

I thought we need something funny...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Morning all

I came down with a nasty head cold yesterday afternoon. Came home and started taking Alka Seltzer Plus - I have to say I'm already better this morning. If I could just get my nose to stop running!

Just when I thought our Thanksgiving plans were in place, Chris's sister, Sonia, called yesterday evening. Looks like they are planning a seafood feast on Thursday evening, so now that's where we will be heading.

Chris is working today so I am left to my own devices once again. A little house cleaning and maybe pick up the yard as we are expecting foul weather later today and then it's supposed to turn cold.

But right now, I'm thinking MORE COFFEE!

Y'all have a good 'un.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning ..

Hummm .painted toenails and big turkeys... no wonder kitty wants in ...those would scare the be-jeebers out of me... thanks for the giggle SassyG.

Val. I do like the color...very pretty.. I have had granddaughter give me pedicures ,, thats where she works.. and paint my toenails... they grow so slow it took almost 8 months for it to grow out... I know, I could have cleaned it off. hey , you can use the word Christmas now... just don't start playing the music yet.
          Elaine.. D. makes his bed as he crawls out and I just have to un-do it on laundry day.

David got his test's made yesterday... without too much waiting . we were there for 2 hours. the MRI takes the longest .. the Doppler seemed to be shorter because the Tech, talked to him as he did it.. will get results next week.

I sure hope Kim ( and Nightstorm) can get Mickie registered and here.. she misses us and I told her we definitely miss her.

so Hello to all...

hope you have great plans for today... be back to read.

Hugs to Justy and
          Hi Paula.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, good morning...rise and shine, start this day...

Val pretty toes, since being in beauty school I have never had a manicure nor pedicure...just do my own..

Elaine, my colors tend to be in the rose/mauve or bronze for nail polish, did wear red for 4th of July.

Sassy, love the cat begging to get in the door..

Maye, glad the testing is over, hope they find some answers..when I had the carotid blockage my eyesight is what got the attention, first went to an opthalmologist who then said I needed to see a cardiologist as soon as possible. Was blocked 98-99% on right side, 50% on left..could not believe I had not stroked out, immediate surgery was called for, and that was a very worrisome time, thanks to hrhouse and hubby for being there and helping us through it..

Pat, hope the cold does not hang on and you are feeling better for Thanksgiving.
            Hope Justy is feeling better and having a better time controlling her salt intake..
            Hi Paula, hoping to see Mickie get back here..
            jostoy, come out come out wherever you are...
            never see Kim here anymore...wonder how she and Jeff are doing.
            JoS, praying that things get better for you also..stop by and say hello

I think I will surprise hubby with some homemade fluffy buttermilk pancakes with some 'real maple syrup', will have some sausage to go with it...as for now he is still sleeping but the smell of me cooking will get him out of bed...today is ballgame day, big game so it will be grilled cheese with a hint of garlic on the bread and potato soup...since it is only 33 degrees and they are predicting a spitting of snow, sounds like a good day to stay inside..

Have a great day one and all..so much to be thankful for, so focus on what you have not what you want.

Last edited by boffler; 11-21-2015, 10:06 AM.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning I had big adventures yesterday....went to the nursing home found out I do like dietary ok and its a job I would be ok with taking...if its part time. When my person and I came backk into town I had her drop me at the bus stop...I practiced switching routes and switching back to get home. I did ok with that and learned that I can go a whole of places on one of the other routes. I will do the same thing another day...and take a different route than what I did yesterday to see where it would take me...I found out how to get to Aldi's I am very very excited about that...Aldi is my favorite grocery store...

I am going to get in the kitchen make brownies again...maybe two pans I have not decided...and I want to do the floors in the house and a load of laundry.

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday wasn't near as productive as the day before. In fact, I made a bigger mess. The morning was mostly spent delivering orders. Two of the ladies met me in the Giant Eagle parking lot, then I went grocery shopping after that at GE. Got my one spare turkey for the year. Normally I get 5-8 spares but the prices are higher. That's sad because we like turkey year around. Maybe I'll get one more if I find someone that shops at GE and willing to pick me up a small one if they don't want one themselves. You have to spend $25 first. Anyways, dropped off the pies at the restaurant on my way home. Took me unti it was time to get Blaise to get everything put away. Took some time to do a little bit of paperwork before starting in on mixing up cookie dough. Would you believe I only mixed up one kind...the sugar cookie dough...though I made 8 double batches, which should make approx 35 doz. I've got 25 doz ordered already and I KNOW there will be more ordered plus I need some for the trays. Well I pooped out after that. Made a quick dinner then headed to DG to some kitty food...and a few other sale items, of course.

This morning I plan to mix up at least 8 other kinds of cookie dough, then start in on baking them off. Have no other plans for the day.

Cute pics Sassy!!! Keep them coming. I've got 3 kitties running around here.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                  This morning I overslept. Yikes! E got talkative last night and I listened to 2-1/2 hours' worth of Pasquale's Triangle something, and other forms of mathematics. I do not pretend to be a mathematician, but will listen because few other people share his interests. Then at midnight I had to get up for a quick bathroom run. After which I was out as soon as my head touched my pillow.

Yesterday he took me to my hair appointment, dropped me off half an hour early, and he escaped to Costco. Told my beautician to stick with the original hairdo, no surprise styles because they seldom work. When she "finished", I told her what problems I had maintaining the ends of my hair. I got my explanations, while she handed me a mirror and showed me how to make the adjustments and why, if I needed to. She does not keep secrets from her clientele, as so many other beauticians do. So, I have my perfect haircut, and E had the same impression. It really feels good! And as long as I had her 10% off coupon, I replaced my hair supplies that were running low. I double checked, her prices are lower than Amazon's, and with the coupon I felt I had a really good deal.

Val, I can't resist saying this......DO YOU KNOW WHY SANTA IS ALWAYS SO JOLLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS? He knows where all the Naughty girls live! 😂
                  Love your mani/pedi! Doesn't it feel good? I do my own these days. Seems these Asian ladies always send me home with a new fungal problem. I don't think they take the time to properly clean their tools.
                  I still have one nail that will break off sometime in the next few months; meanwhile I keep it trimmed down. One Asian woman was still angry from a phone call she had just gotten, and she attacked my foot callus' til she drew blood. I tried to stop her but she slapped my hand! When I showed her she was drawing blood she quit. I went back a couple days later and showed her the damage again, and told her it was infected. Then, I never went back, despite her apologies.

Sassy, keep those cats coming.m they are adorable and funny! Thank you for the daily laughs.

I hope to see more readers posting again. If you have difficulty signing on, let someone know. Night storm & Kim are valued for their assistance in these things. 🤔

We are most likely going to stay home - alone - for Thanksgiving this year. Haven't heard a peep out of SD this year, and I think I'm allergic to her Great Danes anyway. The other kids are busy with their families, and we aren't much in the mood to hit holiday traffic to Phx. (The drivers are really crazy, a lot of out-of-towers plus snowbirds create messy traffic situations, and I-10 does not offer an alternate route!) And the kids can't even make it here even between holidays because the drive is "too long" (2 hours max) for them. My DD in WA would have us any time, but her FIL takes the winter holidays, now that he has an SO to bring ---- but she has just one guest room.
                  So E didn't want me to juggle a whole turkey by myself.....so when we shopped we bought a few turkey breasts and a couple packages of drumsticks. I'll fill my little roasting pan with our favorite rice stuffing, and place the turkey parts over it. I did the is before.

I'm afraid I'm writing a book again, so this may be a good place to stop.
                  To all, have a great day/weekend!!! 😎
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, I love your 'books' and I hope you keep them coming! Just as I hope Sassygirl keeps on with the kitty cats!
                    I can't do my own toe nails as I can't bend down and I can't do my hair because I can't lift my arms.
                    LOVED the Santa joke.
                    Woo Hoo - I can use the "C" word!!!
                    I am watching Mrs. Miracle. Might even try and do my cards.
                    I do need to do laundry and breakfast dishes.
                    TTFN
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                      Good Morning ..

Hummm .painted toenails and big turkeys... no wonder kitty wants in ...those would scare the be-jeebers out of me... thanks for the giggle SassyG.

Val. I do like the color...very pretty.. I have had granddaughter give me pedicures ,, thats where she works.. and paint my toenails... they grow so slow it took almost 8 months for it to grow out... I know, I could have cleaned it off. hey , you can use the word Christmas now... just don't start playing the music yet.
                      Elaine.. D. makes his bed as he crawls out and I just have to un-do it on laundry day.

David got his test's made yesterday... without too much waiting . we were there for 2 hours. the MRI takes the longest .. the Doppler seemed to be shorter because the Tech, talked to him as he did it.. will get results next week.

I sure hope Kim ( and Nightstorm) can get Mickie registered and here.. she misses us and I told her we definitely miss her.

so Hello to all...

hope you have great plans for today... be back to read.

Hugs to Justy and
                      Hi Paula.
                      Maye,Your kitty think there is lunch.....
                      Was that funny with that pic..I thought we need a good laugh..Anytime..

Comment

Originally posted by boffler View Post
                        Good Morning, good morning...rise and shine, start this day...

Val pretty toes, since being in beauty school I have never had a manicure nor pedicure...just do my own..

Elaine, my colors tend to be in the rose/mauve or bronze for nail polish, did wear red for 4th of July.

Sassy, love the cat begging to get in the door..

Maye, glad the testing is over, hope they find some answers..when I had the carotid blockage my eyesight is what got the attention, first went to an opthalmologist who then said I needed to see a cardiologist as soon as possible. Was blocked 98-99% on right side, 50% on left..could not believe I had not stroked out, immediate surgery was called for, and that was a very worrisome time, thanks to hrhouse and hubby for being there and helping us through it..

Pat, hope the cold does not hang on and you are feeling better for Thanksgiving.
                        Hope Justy is feeling better and having a better time controlling her salt intake..
                        Hi Paula, hoping to see Mickie get back here..
                        jostoy, come out come out wherever you are...
                        never see Kim here anymore...wonder how she and Jeff are doing.
                        JoS, praying that things get better for you also..stop by and say hello

I think I will surprise hubby with some homemade fluffy buttermilk pancakes with some 'real maple syrup', will have some sausage to go with it...as for now he is still sleeping but the smell of me cooking will get him out of bed...today is ballgame day, big game so it will be grilled cheese with a hint of garlic on the bread and potato soup...since it is only 33 degrees and they are predicting a spitting of snow, sounds like a good day to stay inside..

Have a great day one and all..so much to be thankful for, so focus on what you have not what you want.

Boffler,Was too cute for word..

Comment

Originally posted by Punkin View Post
                          Jo, I love your 'books' and I hope you keep them coming! Just as I hope Sassygirl keeps on with the kitty cats!
                          I can't do my own toe nails as I can't bend down and I can't do my hair because I can't lift my arms.
                          LOVED the Santa joke.
                          Woo Hoo - I can use the "C" word!!!
                          I am watching Mrs. Miracle. Might even try and do my cards.
                          I do need to do laundry and breakfast dishes.
                          TTFN
                          Punkin,That sound like great idea..You should see what have tomorrow..

Comment

What about tomorrow?

Comment

it is still morning here...and I got up at my regular time, too. But hit the deck and didn't stop! By 7:30 I had already finished at one grocery store and Walmart and the gas station! I took the dog to the groomer and had an appointment for me and now waiting on the call to pick up the dog...then the bank and pick up,rolls for the church Thanksgiving dinner tonight.
                              I signed up for rolls thinking I would go to Costco, but decided to save gas and will buy them from the grocery bakery.
                              I hope our traffic for the funeral will be Manageable.
                              I wish I had only a 2 hour drive to my grandkids. It is 2 hours just to get to the airport from here. And the mountain passes between me and Stuart in WA are not good driving this time of year...
                              I am also taking my food for the church Thanksgiving baskets. They always ask for cans of cranberry sauce and I just wonder how many people like that stuff. I bought the berried kind and am including some oranges and a recipe to pump it up a little.
                              The other item they always ask for is instant potatoes...I think a bag of potatoes costs the same or less.
                              My toes are usually some shade of pinky coral in the summer and spring and now are a darker shade of rosy coral. My nails go between coral and nude...I used to Akways have a French manicure for both hands and feet, but it seems color is the trend and now I really like it.
                              Elaine, did you actually mean black ? You are way cooler than me!
                              Maye, the closest I come to having someone to do my hair or nails is daycare girls who love to play spa day!
                              The groomer called and Lily is ready.
                              Keep those cats safe from all the turkeys and have a great day!
                              Jo, you could never write too much nor you, Val!

Comment

Working...
                              X