VETERAN'S DAY - 11/11/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VETERAN'S DAY - 11/11/2015

Last edited by ladyebug; 11-11-2015, 06:31 AM.

Good Morning, Friends.

Today is a day to reflect on all who have served our country in the past and today and to be grateful for their bravery.

Hope all is well with everyone and that you each have a good day today.

Hugs ~

Comment

Morning all

Elaine - sometimes I wish we could thank all of the defense contractors as well. I put in 20 years working for the Navy as one myself. I know that the work I did directly affected the safety of the fleet, so it was very satisfying work for me.

Slow day at work expected today - we will still be working on catching up all of the laundry as there is tons of it since the housekeeper walked out and left us high and dry. New housekeeping company is expected to begin tomorrow YAY!

Val - I thought of you all day yesterday and wondered how you were holding up. And I thought of my Mom and wished she were here so I could give her a big hug and thank her for standing by me though thick and thin.

I'm off for coffee and to start folding towels and sheets. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone..Rise and shine..LOL..I want to thank all the Men and women to serve our country..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well now Good Morning to all...and yes, thankful for the service of our men and women in all capacities that they serve. We are so blessed to enjoy the freedoms that we have here in the states, just hope we don't let the politicians and special interest groups take it away from us..

Nothing exciting happening here today, still recuperating from the trip, I know it was a short one, but so much traveling, lack of sleep and so much activity has me tired, LOL guess that means I have arrived at 'the age'. The cats are sure happy I am back, so much so that one of them keeps coming and waking me up to make sure I am really home, in bed, ASLEEP!!! I am up now and they are both in close proximity to me sleeping so soundly...revenLIL LOL

I do have some laundry to catch up on, dusting, changing the sheets on our bed the usual things to keep the house neat and tidy, making a grocery list for my Thanksgiving meal will shop for that tomorrow if it does not rain..I will look and see but I think Thursday's is Seniors day at Kroger's, better the money in my pocket.
          Going to have meatloaf, mashed taters, gravy and peas for supper, was thinking about making a loaf of bread also...just sounds good..I also want to search for some soup recipes, some different ones that sound good but have never had before, getting to be that time of year. Got some cornmeal Amish store so I know for sure one soup will be pinto beans with ham so I can make cornbread.

You know all my life I have had STRAIGHT hair, always had to have perms, lucky I was a beautician and worked at a shop, but once I stopped working and had to pay for perms, I spent a lot, well not anymore, since I lost my hair and now that it is coming back it is natural CURLY!! And I found out in GA this past week that blowing it dry and having it all nice and neat looking does no good in humid, damp weather, it was curling up all over my head.. We all get a good laugh out of it now..I am not complaining, short and curly works for me. I do however need to get some coloring done on it, want the base color and then streaks of another color put in it..My hair also came in very dark, almost black(pepper) with lots of white(salt) mixed in it.

Elaine, sure hope John is doing better, thinking about him and you.
          Pat no fun doing your regular job and the laundry persons job also, so hope the laundry service you get works out..
          I feel the need some breakfast haven't decided what yet, but something..while in GA my son in law gave me numerous hints about a big country breakfast, so I made one, my daughter says every time he orders gravy and biscuits some place he is always disappointed because they do not come close to mine, she says he tells everyone about my gravy and biscuits...and the grandgirls sure loved them also...and he also loves the way I fix my ham.grand girlshe grandgirls, makes Grandma feel so good.

Well off to read the news, and get this day started..HEY, HEY, the SUN just came out...YIPPEE!!! Oh what a beautiful morning, of what a beautiful day, I got a wonderful feeling everythings going my way..Have a good one all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning...I am feeling a bit grumpy this morning..not sure why...just am...Today is my day for meeting stuff in Saint Louis...Tonight church I hope!

Volunteering yesterday was not to good...started out rather difficult with a new lady...we all had a difficult time with her...she wasn't mean..just really really confused and kept trying to get out. Kept crying...among other things...The nurse in charge yesterday finally called the family come take her home....The Husband got there and told us the clothes she had on were not hers....well thats what happens when your loved one has an accident and you don't send us extra clothes....I got the job of chasing/following/redirecting most of the time when she left the room...the activity aid couldn't leave and needed to stay with the rest of the clients...After she left we had another that steals food and he went after someone's breakfast..after all the it calmed down some...

Came home and rested the rest of the day...didn't do much...of anything...

When I come home from volunteering tomarrow I have laundry...floors and dishes to do.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
              A big thanks to Veterans everywhere.
              The contractors do an important part, as do the DoD civilian employees (I was one). However, it's the Vets themselves who are out on the front lines and in the trenches who put their very lives on the lines for us. And their families who support them who at any time might hear of their being crippled or killed and suffer the most grievous losses. Thanks also to them.
              Beautiful graphics to honor them, ladies.

Sassy, that cat picture really describes cats.....and little kids, too. Reminds me of a few Christmas'. LOL

Well. Yesterday we went to the Peanuts movie. It was fun....we laughed, and at one point shed a couple of tears, and laughed some more. Not many people in the theater. Those who were didn't stay for the credits. Too bad. At the end there was a little out take, which tickled our funny ones.
              We figured the only downside was having to sit through endless previews of the other movies geared to young kids. We didn't think those would be worth seeing. But Peanuts was fun.

At the theater, we found the escalator out of order. I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator (I really need the exercise). To E'ms surprise! The 1st flight was good, the 2nd flight I was a bit slower, and the 3rd flight slowed me even more, and 2 steps from the top I had to choice but to stop for a few breaths. Those last 2 steps were most difficult. After the movie and back on the main floor, I wanted to check out a store there. So we had to walk the length of the mall and back again. My kneecaps and right hip bone were aggravating me. Then back across the concrete parking lot to our car.
              I know I'm out of shape, but side effects of my meds kept me out of the gym for a full year (as of this month). I think I'm getting that slowly under control, no thanks to my oncologist.

Today, back to reality. I need to clean up the papers I've accumulated in my corner. Run the vac and do the floors. Stuff like that looms ahead.

Today is in the low 60's for a high. E has to consider turning on the heat. The temps are still yo-yo-ing.
              I'm glad I've got enough sweatshirts (dressy & plain) and sweaters. I love how they are soft and cozy to wear.

Well, time to bring in the paper and make my tea or mocha, whichever hits my mood when I get to the kitchen.

Have a great day today. ☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning

sleep in !.. yea...will make the day have some extra energy....no plans for daytime hours today.. couple lessons this evening ..

so will come up with something that has been needing done but getting ignored.. just have to pick it off the list that has about 30 or so of those tasks listed.. hopefully David won't need to go somewhere.and need a driver..

Bethina, Bless You young lady,, to work with the elderly who have sadly come to that stage of their lives takes love, patience and caring.. always remember , the real person they were ,would never do or say what they do in the foggy land of old age. ,dementia or Alzheimers. you are a special person.

Sharon , maybe I can talk donna into a trip to visit you ,, those biscuits and gravy are sounding better and better!. yes.when Grandkids ask for foods only "grandma" makes best.. like giving you hugs.

Sassygirl.. I love cats and that picture is so TRUE.. my KD Kat loves boxes ..her one special toy right now is the cardboardy egg cartons.. she lays in , chews on them, bats them around...

Pat, Im smiling , picturing you folding sheets, towels.. hope that comes to an end today. and thanks to you and
                Elaine.. for your first post of our service people... there is a huge group of people in this country who do not appreciate what they have done, won, for us all.. that respect is Not taught to them by parents,& schools. near enough .

better go get busy with "something ".. see you later .
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! OK...some sunshine would be nice....Sharon, could you send some of your East? Yesterday was dreary & wet all day.

Yesterday was good. Started off with Blaise's parent/teacher conference. He's smart but needs to work on his social skills...no surprise there. The day before he stepped on a lil girls hand by mistake, but refused to say I'm sorry. Got grounded when he got home for not apologizing. Sent a note yesterday & he HAD to apologize to her or would still be grounded here...he didn't, so he is grounded for 2 more days because there is no school today. He WILL apologize tomorrow because he really misses his TV & computer.

Came home from that and canned the bushel of roma tomatoes I was given last week. Got 21 quarts...whoooot! Went & borrowed 8 jars from Aunt J because I only had 14 qt jars. I gave away most of them when we were moving from Bradford thinking I'd never can with qts again. WRONG!

Since Corky can't get any unemployment here in PA due to law changes, he's had to look for temporary employment until there is work through the Union. Today he starts at a job through a temp agency. It'll help pay the basic bills. Hopefully I'll make enough to pay for extras.....like Christmas. I'm very familiar with tightening our belt....fact of life in our marriage. I'm just thankful we aren't paying bills for 2 houses like we were last year at this time. I can handle one house.

Blaise & I slept in this morning...nice. A cat did try waking me up around 4:30am by licking my hair for about 10 minutes, but I finally went back to sleep. We didn't get up until 7:45...wow! Now I feel like I'm running behind this morning, but at least I have nothing pressing to do. I've got the pork roast on in the crock pot with sauerkraut. It's cooking day for my cousin's family. Somewhere along the line I'm going to take Blaise to the library. I took that away from him yesterday but giving it back will give him something constructive to do with his time.

Elaine...how's John...did he go back to the doctor?

THANK YOU to all our Veterans!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yes, thank you to All Veterans and All who waited on them and supported their efforts. My dad was on sea duty a lot of my growing up years. Gone a lot.
                    Not much going on here, but some spot floor cleaning and Veteran's Day activities for whomever shows up in daycare. I have small flags for everyone and they love marching and waving flags!
                    I need to go put my flag out. It is light enough to see now.
                    I hope today is good and healing for all.

Comment

Why have they quit giving out the fake poppies on Veterans Day? My dad would give a vet some money, and I'd get the poppy he gave us.

Cookie, that font is very thin and pale. Very, very hard for me to read. Can you make it bolder next time?
                      Yes, the boy needs to learn manners. It still makes a difference in this world. Kindness matters.
                      Happy canning!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayebarnes View Post
                        good morning

sleep in !.. yea...will make the day have some extra energy....no plans for daytime hours today.. couple lessons this evening ..

so will come up with something that has been needing done but getting ignored.. just have to pick it off the list that has about 30 or so of those tasks listed.. hopefully David won't need to go somewhere.and need a driver..

Bethina, Bless You young lady,, to work with the elderly who have sadly come to that stage of their lives takes love, patience and caring.. always remember , the real person they were ,would never do or say what they do in the foggy land of old age. ,dementia or Alzheimers. you are a special person.

Sharon , maybe I can talk donna into a trip to visit you ,, those biscuits and gravy are sounding better and better!. yes.when Grandkids ask for foods only "grandma" makes best.. like giving you hugs.

Sassygirl.. I love cats and that picture is so TRUE.. my KD Kat loves boxes ..her one special toy right now is the cardboardy egg cartons.. she lays in , chews on them, bats them around...

Pat, Im smiling , picturing you folding sheets, towels.. hope that comes to an end today. and thanks to you and
                        Elaine.. for your first post of our service people... there is a huge group of people in this country who do not appreciate what they have done, won, for us all.. that respect is Not taught to them by parents,& schools. near enough .

better go get busy with "something ".. see you later .
                        Maye,It is true...I have one too..You should see it..Teeth mark on it..Mine too..Mine lay on too..They take turns..They love the box..Than the toys..

Comment

Sassygirl.. we have had dogs ,,special little chihuahuas. and then finally a west highland terrier.... the Terrier got hit on the road in front of the house...... many tears were shed... darn dog would NOT learn to stay off the road.. and that was the last dog we had... David was really hurt over the dog.. but we have had always had a cat.. KD kat is the first cat we have had this is strictly an indoor cat.... we live on a busy country road.. and she is not car smart... I have scatch and teeth marks too SassyG..

now find me a funny cartoon.... I love to giggle..
                          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Late Aloha all!

My Buddy was a veteran of two wars and I really miss him.

Beautiful perfect day here.

have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                            X