Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 30

Good morning
    I greet you from my bed. 4am. Wide awake. That bright moon made me think it was morning. Hopefully I will get back to sleep for an hour or so if not gonna be a long day
    Bethany and I had great evening making pumpkin pie (she did all the mixing) and peanut butter balls Together we made the balls and dipped them. She took majority home. Is going to take some to friends today
    Be back later to see what you guys are doing today
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-30-2015, 08:23 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Hi Janet! Hello to Everyone.

I'm not in bed, but I wish I were. Feeling super tired this morning, but need to leave here at 7:30.

Must pick up some Halloween treats. We only have 4 tricksters, but the parents always call ahead and I would not want to be without something for them.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun actually shined all day yesterday...yea!!!

I never did get here to post yesterday, just read. My feet hit the floor doing a run shuffle. I had to be to the church by 8:30am and my day went from there. Came home and baked 12 pumpkin rolls and a big pot of chicken rice soup. After dinner I just plopped down for the evening. Kathy actually showed up for dinner & then took Blaise to Freeport's Halloween parade. Didn't mind that, but did mind that they didn't get home until 10pm...on a school night.

This morning we are heading over to my Mom's to rake leaves. For years it was a family event with all the kids (her's and ours) but now the kids are in college and my one brother works 12-16 hr days almost 7 days a week, so a family gathering isn't happening but the leaves continue to fall. Cork & I are going over to at least get the first layer of leaves up. But before doing that, I want to get some bread baked. I'm giving my beautician dinner tonight...ck & rice soup, salad, and rolls...since we can't barter baked goods for the time being. I know she won't be able to eat the rolls, but the rest of her family will. I may go get my bushels of apples this afternoon. Out of the 9 bushels I bought so far, I only have 1 1/2 left. Didn't realize I baked that many apple pies. Thinking about getting 12 more bushels. We'll use at least 3 bushels next weekend during our applesauce & apple butter making.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Well now good morning all the sleepy heads. I have been up drinking coffee and reading Facebook, Facebook is where all my relatives and a lot of friends hang out, so I have to go check to see what is happening..my Granddaughter finally received her birthday card yesterday. It was sent priority mail on the 21st, after getting to GA and being out for delivery it never got there, so I was on the phone with the Conyers, GA post office, etc. everyday..daughter said the card was not in the priority mail envelope and that the card envelope had been opened, the check was still inside..but there was also a letter saying it is being investigated...the first day I called the guy at the post office could not figure out if the card was out for delivery why the delivery person had not scanned it..Found out another birthday card sent to her on the 22nd just got there yesterday also...(me thinks the mail carrier is stealing)

Well did not do what I had intended yesterday, did go to Findlay, but did not cook a thing, still eating leftovers, LOL..stopped at the vet clinic which I had not been to since 2010 and by golly they all still remembered me and was so happy I was back in the area...I only live less than a half mile from them, can see the clinic from my house.. My cats are total inside cats except to go in the kittywalk outside the door, but noticed them scratching a lot and saw some hot spots on them, checked and sure enough saw some fleas so made sure to get Frontline and some spray for the house also..washed all the bedding and such..hope to get it under control...hubby said we must not have them inside or he would be eaten up with flea bites!!

It is that time of year when I awake with headaches, happens in the spring and in the fall, allergy related I am pretty sure..but aggravating none the less.

Donna when you talk about how many bushels of apples you have and will go through, in my mind I see a kitchen full of bushel baskets of apples and you sitting in the middle of them..
        I am thinking of trying my hand on a chocolate roll cake, do not like pumpkin anything, or maybe a butter pecan roll, or just some kind of roll... Going to clean out my food pantry today, check dates, etc. it seems to have taken on a life of itself, needs organized. (that happens when you have a hubby that just 'sticks' things where ever he finds a spot)
        Maye, hope you are getting a catnap in, Donna, good of you and Cork to help your Mom, very irresponsible of Kathy to bring him home so late on a school night, but responsible she has never been.
        Elaine, buy a few pieces of candy for yourself, or at least buy a candy you like...

Off to get this day started, a bite to eat, take my meds, get a shower, dressed, and moving...have a wonderful day one and all. Hope some sunshine comes your way, if not, make it a sunshiny day in your spirit..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning all Finally! The sun is shining! But we are in for rain again this weekend.

Working tomorrow to get rental statements out.

Meeting some friends after work tomorrow to watch the Florida vs. Georgia football game. Should be fun. Chris will be at work

Otherwise not much new here. Y'all have a good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...quiet day planned here...went to bed yesterday afternoon with a migrain...after volunteering which was wonderful! I was invited to go to the volunteer site today for Halloween party...I said I didn't think I could make it....

Tonight I have my youngest niece for the night..that should be fun...not sure what plans she and I have possibly trick or treating in the neighborhood a little bit...waiting to hear from my sister

Comment

Good morning....just rushing through today. 👋 Overslept. Going to see doctor this morning. Will be back later to read/post. 👋~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Two previous nights of being up past my regular bedtime makes for a dragging out of bed morning!
                But it is Friday! And turning back the clock to Standard time means another hour of sleep. I know people are posting complaints about the time change but this is regular time...I don't really care, but it does seem easier in the mornings for the kids.
                Cookies with candy corn in them are on the agenda. I cleaned and organized the kitchen yesterday so baking has all the room I need to mix up and cool down trays.
                I started out baking chocolate rolls. Buche de Noel for my kids when they needed something to take to French class parties. My recipe calls for ground walnuts and a small amount of flour for the batter. And I love making pumpkin rolls now, too. I tell people the hardest part of baking them is having the jelly roll pan. They are pretty easy. And the presentation is so nice and impressive to others.
                Just got a message that Pat has a new recipe up!
                I am sending Halloween treat bags home with kids in case they don't make it by tomorrow. Our pumpkin is all carved and I will be ready to,start on turkeys!
                Tomorrow Becky is volunteering with shelter staff to put together hygiene kits for the guests. Sunday will open the shelter for the next 6 months. I signed up for the 2nd Friday of the month . That just seems to work out best...
                Hope you all have a warm robe and comfy slippers for your morning...stay healthy and happy! ( and ahead of the fleas and any other bugs that may be out there!)

Comment

Good morning, all. Today is my Rebecca's wedding which I am going to miss. Sis, Ada, told me she would get lots of pictures. Just too much for me right now.

Woke early and I'm glad that I got a new warm robe a couple of weeks ago. Lily has to go out early as soon as I get up or she drives me crazy. She didn't want to stay out long. She doesn't really like going out in the dark even though there are lots of lights here there are also dark shadows and since her eyesight is going she falls off the walk or bumps into things. The walk is only about 4-inches high so it doesn't hurt her.

Speaking of Dark Shadows, does anyone else remember that TV show? I saw it only a couple of times as it was on when I was at work.

Donna, that's a lot of apples. Even with my apple peeler/cutter I will pass but since it earns you money I understand why you do it. Good to work at what you love.

Paula, I was just thinking about doing a Buche de Noel for our Christmas party here. Do you make the meringue mushrooms? I think that are fun to make.

That's all folks. Back doesn't want me typing. Take care, all.

Comment

I am always late getting here and I admit I sleep late. Yep, I sleep in most mornings and I go to bed by midnight usually. And no matter how hard I try I cannot get an evening meal on the table before 6 or 630. I have joined this family and adapted their hours I guess. Jon is still in bed, Sierra off to work and Drew will be back early afternoon. Easy days! Yesterday poor little girl got a hefty dose of mommy dearest....mommy in name only yet the kid goes back for more. She is getting her physical for school today after work and the mommy is going to take off work early. Sierra has had an annoying lump that she wants the doctor to see and I agree since it has been there for over a month. Mommy dearest is so concerned until the bills come in then she hides under her bed and yells how broke she is. I remember my mom saying you will get your payment in heaven but I am pretty sure that is not the direction this woman's pay will be coming from. Final pieces of trim are up and today I will touch up paint and clean the floors. We pushed the recliners into the center of the room to lay trim and I like the coziness of it. I had been trying to figure a way to bring this room together and had moved the chairs in but not this far and it looks nice. I will put the new table my sister made behind the chairs along the wall and it will show nicely. Drew is all worried about having room for the Christmas tree and train so Jon pulled up this picture where someone had hung a car freshner tree on the wall and put a package under it. 9 year olds can be such fun sometimes! So I hear rustling and maybe our day will be starting. Boys are having dinner out together early since Drew is trick or treating with his other sister tonight and I will wait for Sierra since she refuses to have dinner with her mommy and that boyfriend. Another boring day at our house but we live it with no complaints..ok maybe a few.

Comment

Hey everybody. Well, this day hasn't started all that pleasant. Our home is situated very close to the river that flooded a couple of weeks ago. During the flooding (which I maintain was "man-made" ) lots of road damage, etc. was done. So today there are a butt-load of construction trucks working very close by to us. Sitting on the patio with my wake-up juice....( .who am I kidding ?? - it's DECAFE coffee and doesn't do diddly on the waking up part ). VERY noisy and not the best way to begin one's day. I'm sort of allergic to noise in the first place.......happens when one ages.

Oh well....enuf of my moaning & groaning. Get on with your life, old woman. Sh*t happens and then it rolls down-hill. Keep on rollin' !!

Comment

New blog post alert!

https://pbandjustabouteverythingelse...danish-braids/
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                          I spent 2 hours in doc's exam room...... Mostly answering questions. He actually remembered my feet being slightly swollen last time, and checked again...still a bit swollen. So he had his attendant bring in the EKG equipment. My other symptoms I thought were unrelated, but he wants to be certain. So Monday I got back for fasting labs and an XRay. The following week for a stress test and something else. I have to go back in 5 weeks for a follow-up after these tests. Also need to see a dermatologist about a recurring blister on my nose. I can cancel that appt if my nose heals before that.
                          Big surprise, very unexpected....some guy at the hospital gave me a long stemmed carnation because he said I'm a very "beautiful lady". (I rechecked my mirror, and I think as people age, mercifully their eyes go bad. LOL)

II was chilly all day, and it turns out our temps didn't go above 65! Tomorrow should be 70 and then we'll get to 80 for a couple days, then back to the 70's & 60's. Nights are in the 40's & 50s now.
                          Yesterday the soft thunder and sunshine played peek-a-boo all afternoon. It rained just a bit before sunset, then right after sunset.. Couldn't hear it, so I was surprised to see it. Must have had a steady rain during the later dark hours, as everything was wet this morning. Rain is promised again for next week.

Well, I'm tired, but need to get some dinner started. E will want a big salad, but I want eggs tonight.
                          I also want the a/c here turned off!

E will go tomorrow to get our Halloween decor from storage. I told him not to bring it all, because I don't feel like messing with it.

Have a good night, everyone. Hope your day was a good one. ✍
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Late Aloha all!

Everyone sounds so busy that I feel guilty as I haven't done much at all. Patty was here for a couple of days and we were working out a problem I am having with a game I play on my Ipad. Does any one play Discovery Bay? I have become addicted to it and spend way way too much playing on it.

HR, they have been trimming Monkey Pod trees and other trees around the property here and making one H*** of a racket with their says and chipper machine and yesterday was more or less right out side of my apartment. I ended up with a headache with it all. This afternoon I walked all the way outside of the building in my shorts and tee shirt to see what they were doing. They have done oodles of trees and chipping and still doing it but are at the other side of the building so it isn't bothering me.

Have a good rest of the day all!

Comment

Working...
                            X