Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ October 29

Good Morning!

How is everyone this fine day? Gorgeous weather here and they have lifted the burn ban so we can get some fallen trees burned.

Back to doc for another shot for John's arm this morning.

Barb, thanks for the advice about the Chinese dish. Did as you advised, and it worked great.

Better get the day started.

Hugs to Everyone.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 10-29-2015, 07:28 AM.

Morning all

It was kinda weird to walk outside and NOT have the wind blowing. The moon was so bright it was almost daylight outside at 5am.

3 days of rain (much needed), but I sure am glad it's over. Like Donna, I need some sunshine!

Downloaded Erin's report card yesterday and am VERY pleased: 2 A's, 1 B, and 1 C. I am THRILLED because every time I checked online, it said she was failing history yet again. I have hounded the crap out of her about failing again. So I was SURE to tell her how proud I am of her!

More coffee! Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning, wouldn't call it gorgeous here, but it is still a great day to be alive...very windy, chilly out right now, but I do believe I see some sun trying to peek out.

Elaine so sorry that the cat scratch is causing John so many problems, but a snake bite might be worse..hoping the antibiotics do their job soon.

Pat, great news about Erin's grades, yes do let her know how proud you are!!! And me!!

I have to go to the pet store or vet clinic and get something for both of these kitties, they have 'hot spots' itching, losing fur, small scabs, they don't have fleas so must be an allergy of some sort...will get some oil for them and a spray for the 'hot spots'. That is a start..They also need some Smart Bites from Greenies for skin and coat.

Other than that, I think this is going to be a lazy day, just feel like I need one, going to turn on the tv and sit and sew on my quilt after I get back from my trip to Findlay, which is about 15 miles away.

Trying to figure out something for supper, nothing is coming to mind at the moment, maybe meatloaf, mashed potatoes, br. gravy and peas...or not, maybe beef & noodles, or I just don't know, LOL

The birthday card that I paid priority mail to get to GA in 2 days has still not got to my Granddaughter, it showed it got to GA and was out for delivery but never got delivered...it was mailed on the 21st of Oct. and no one at the GA can figure out what happened to it, well there is a check in the card for $100 and I am starting to get a little concerned, they said they would check into it and call me today...does anyone believe that will really happen...and guess what, no refund for it either...

Well ladies and gents, time to get myself moving and a shaking this morning..YES, I do see some sun peeking out, that might change my mind about being lazy today, ....

Oh and by the way, I have an ex but hubby does not, I am his one and only, thankfully!!! But yes, I did have a good relationship with my ex, decided when I divorced that I would never let my children suffer because of it, and they thank me for it today...we all get along just fine..in fact when my daughter got married she had both her Dad's walk her down the isle..and when my youngest child with my hubby graduated my ex and his wife where at his graduation party..and many other events we are invited to with my exes family.

Now bid you a good day. Always give thanks for you life and what you have in it..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Mornin'.

Just another day in paradise. Got the doc appts. taken care of, bills all paid , groceries laid in...........LET IT SNOW ! Oh wait........forgot where I am for a minute......it doesn't snow down here, they say. I'm awfully afraid I will suffer serious withdrawal later on thru' the winter. I LOVED my Illinois snow and cold weather.....just closed the door and curled up by the fireplace. When it was finished doing whatever it was gonna do.....I'd poke my nose out and proceed with life.

Okey doke.....moving right along. A good day to ya'll

Comment

Good morning..running a little behind this morning...I shut the alarm off this morning..I didn't want to get out of the nice warm bed. Today is a volunteer day...My parents will be stopping by the house while I am at my volunteer site...not sure if I will see them or not this time...they are leaving me a couple of things that I need and picking up a couple of things as well. When I come home this afternoon I don't really have any plans..probably get under the covers and watch tv and figure out exactly what time I need to be at the bus stop for tomarrow...

Comment

A slightly wet, but not too hot or cold, good morning to everyone. Lots going on, I see - cat scratches, rain and more rain followed by sunshine, beautiful moonlit morning, crappy mail service (you ain't seen nuttin' yet -- you should have to deal with MY post office. I can't get mail in or out most of the time and the outgoing mailbox will not take anything but letters. The books and tapes I get fro the state library will not fit in the slot!) great grades, etc.

Today is a busy one for me. I have to go to Publix to get meds and to Walmart to get some groceries and maybe get my hair done - time permitting. Than it will be time to come home and finish getting stuff ready for my meeting tonight. I also have to go to Mass as the priests have been gone and we didn't have Mass on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

I had an appointment with my PCP yesterday and found out I have an underactive thyroid and now have to take thyroid medicine. He also changed my inhaler and I will have to start a new medicine for my asthma --- AND I DO have a UTI! I have been telling them this since te
            he end of July! I have fired my cardiologists and the rheumatologist! I feel so much better now that I don't have to deal with their incompetence.

I hope everyone has a great day!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning .. sun is shining.... furnace is running... but sushine helps cure most things !..

another nice sleep in . yea.. David is chomping at the bit..( old expression from the farmers).. to get going ,, somewhere, anywhere. just out..
              so better gulp down the second cup coffee . check in here.. and drive the old boy where ever he wants to go..or he might decide to go by himself....He had another brief episode of double vision on Tuesday evening.... and I sure don't want him driving. so the sweeper will wait until tomorrow...
              this evening after school. Bethany and maybe a friend are coming to make pumpkin pie. and peanut butter balls.. and maybe her mommy .

Elaine, was it your cat or another that scratched John?.
              Pat... I am super thrilled to read Erin's grades.. extra hugs from Aunt Maye for her
              Boffer .. do the meatloaf , that sound the best. good luck on finding out what happened to your check .if it hasn't been cashed yet.. then it is probably truly lost.
              Punkin... S.I. you are a mess... hugs my friend
              Bethina glad you are liking your volunteer work.. much needed.
              Hrh...ummmmm. going to miss snow, cold, wind. slop. ice. ...think you are sliding into dementia girl.. sunshine, warm. clear road. that is what Nice.
              Hi Justy ... hope you feeling good this morning

Hi Paula!.

and now to get ready to leave . see you Later today..
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good breaking dawn morning! The sun is not up yet, but the sky is lighter. Clear skies, sun is ahead. I have to go to a meeting this evening so I am ok with no rain.

I hate driving on a dark rainy night.
                Carving our pumpkin, counting and roasting pumpkin seeds and cutting out bats! My day in a nutshell.
                Our mail has slowed by a day or two due to closing a big mail center in Redding. Which means my food reimbursement check is processed in Redding and mailed out, but goes to Sacramento then back up here. 30 miles from Redding to Red Bluff, 150 miles from Redding to Sacramento, then 125 miles from Sacramento to Red Bluff.
                It delays the checks by a week!
                Pat, put me on the list of people cheering on Erin! Hooray for her!
                Maxie, when you get to really missing the snow, get one of those dvd's that play snow scenes! We used to play them around December but they weren't holiday scenes, just beautiful country scenes, some with sleigh rides.
                Hope you all have a great day! Stay in and get comfy, Sharon!
                Do something fun and enjoyable just because! Make it a special day!

Comment

Good morning.
                  I slept in this morning, but I had tummy problems during the night and got up for a couple of hours.
                  Tummy isn't comfortable this morning, either, but il take something for it. I blame my Oncologist, as he is always telling me to discuss it with my PCP, but from experience I say the problem is caused from the one prescription that comes from his office. I found the message where my former doctor there recommended him to me before she left. I am mentally sending her big question marks!

Well, the weather,an moved tomorrow's rain forecast to today. We will see, I guess. It has been cloudy the last few days, and last night we couldn't even see the full moon. But the kiddos should have a clear night for Halloween. (BTW, Halloween's history is in SOI, if you're interested.). Night temps have dropped another 10°, to the 50's now. Ahhhh, 8:00a and I hear thunder .... Yep, the clouds are darkening, too.

Tomorrow I visit with my PCP, not for my current problem though. In the month I had to wait, my swelling feet took care of themselves, but I still frequently get night sweats. A side effect of Oncologist's prescription, but he's an a$$. There is no alternative med on the market, though --- if there's a way to control it, I'd like to know. He doesn't seem to know. (He's got impressive credentials, though. The useless ........ never mind.)

I'm glad to see the good new here; hugs to those with not-so-good news.
                  HR, if we feel we need to see snow, we go somewhere to "visit" it for a few days. Otherwise, we have snow about one day of winter, but it doesn't stay on the ground.
                  Sharon, I have 2 exes, and E has 1 ex. We both appreciate what we have with each other. E adopted the kids I had, and they're better off for it. My last baby is E's only true offspring, and is a nice mixture of both of us.

Well, I need something for my tummy, and to get my day started.
                  Have a great day, everyone. 🎃
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Sun is shining now and the world looks fresh and new. Smells nice out there even though many people around here heat with wood. More rain fell after I checked in yesterday and more is predicted for Monday.
                    Glad it has stopped for now as my daughter is having an outdoor wedding tomorrow. Would have liked to go but the trip would be too hard on me I'm afraid.

Indulged myself with a rib-eye steak yesterday evening. It was huge but it was the best looking one I could find.It tasted good but no juice to amount to anything. Still have 1/2 of it as It was way more than I could eat. May make a steak salad with the leftovers. I hadn't had a steak for a very long time mostly because they are so horridly expensive.

Elaine, I'm glad to see that you used that method.
                    Pat, congratulations to Erin. Seems like having all these aunties behind her just might be helping.

Lots to do here so will make this short. Have a good one.

Comment

Ta DA! The last interior door has been hung!! Do not know what today will bring but I am thinking floor trim and a paint brush. This afternoon the kids are carving pumpkins so need to make a pumpkin run later. It is easier if I bring them in because the 'picking out' process is long and expensive. Sorry Drew but we do not need a 25# pumpkin to light for 2 days then trash. It is beautifully sunny and cool...power flicked this morning and reset the thermostat back to 66 so house was chilly. Jon says he thinks it sleeted some last night. He was out cutting trim, yes, he works in the middle of the night and heard it before seeing it. Not to early I guess...I remember it spitting snow on Halloween before. Time to get moving...happy Thursday!

Comment

Running late. Cleaning gal was here today. I even managed to get the laundry all done. Cleaning lady just does floor and dusts mainly. And wipes around here an there.

Sun is shining brightly which reminds me I need to get an anti glare filter for this computer. This time of year the glare on it is terrible. Hard on these old eyes.

Better get back to the book work...........

Comment

Working...
                        X