Monday ~ Oct. 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ Oct. 26th

Morning all Is October FLYING by, or is it just me?

Made some beautiful Danish braids yesterday - one cherry & one apricot. They were heavenly. Sliced them up and distributed among friends. Saved most of the cherry one for Chris as it's his favorite.

After sitting around on the couch most of the morning moaning about nothing being on TV, we decided to ride out to the beach. Stopped by where Chris's niece, Cait, works, and she was just getting off work, so we spent the afternoon with her. Went to Dusty's Oyster Bar - a local favorite. I don't like oysters myself, but Chris & Cait love them. I like going to Dusty's because directly in back is a large lake and it is FILLED with turtles. You can even buy a big cup of food and feed them. The turtles have gotten so used to it, they wait on the shore for people to toss it out.

Maxie - you mentioned Garden Ridge. I went to one in Jacksonville, FL when my sister lived there. Loved it. Wish we had one close by here. I could always find great deals there.

Work today - I was the last one here Saturday, so all of my stuff for today is mostly completed. Think I'll sit here and read a book. Thank heavens for the off-season!

I'm off to get more coffee and go through the old Sunday paper for coupons. Y'all have a good 'un.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

I love fried oysters. But I suppose that is a thing of the past if I keep behaving watching what I eat. Used to buy them by the gallon from a guy that went down to the Gulf and brought them back and sold them. Last batch was rather small. I either got ripped off or the oil spill cause them to be so small.

Time to get dressed for another day. Just had my breakfast and am feeling fine for me on this lovely autumn morning.

Hi, Pat and all to come...

Comment

Hi! I'm here. I stuck my morning post and we had 2, so I removed mine.

Nothing important to report.

Pat, are the Danish in your Blog?

Comment

Elaine, nope, not yet
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning one and all...still dark out right now and only 37 degrees outside..time to buy a winter time robe, long with long sleeves..don't have one. And warmer nightgowns..
          Well yesterday was a recuperation day, everyone has left the building and went back to IN...I had such a good time visiting with family and it ended up since I had the bigger house and enough sitting space for everyone that I had the get together here at our house, which made me happy, they were trying to get something together at my Uncles house and my cousin that was staying here with me spoke up and said, "why not Sharon's house, it is bigger and open room concept with plenty of room, tables and places to sit", so it happened...knowing my 'hillbilly' roots they would all want chicken and drop fluffy dumplings, I got out my large crockpot and made batch after batch of them and filled the crockpot, what didn't eat they were taking home, LOL..had around 29 people here. I cooked and baked, had lots of goodies, no one went away hungry, and everyone brought things when they came also. Such a wonderful day...my cousin and I had such a good time catching up, but once together like the years had not even happened...what a wonderful afterglow it leaves.

Wish more of you were on Facebook, pictures are easy to post there, LOL..

So today I will be sorting through the stuff hubby brought out of the motorhome to see what the dates are, what I will need to use and what can be boxed to put back in motorhome for next camping season. Hubby says I over stock, I say I like being prepared, LOL.. Will also take the sheets off the bed my cousin slept in and get those washed and put back on, never know, might have someone come stay here again...been a good year for some company, Donna, Jo, my cousin, my son...so I am happy..

Will probably be hand stitching more on my quilt putting it together, 80 squares, half way done, then will put the binding on, my son may be able to sleep under it after all this winter..he will be happy...he is further north than I am in MI..

I have been back in OH for two years and this weekend was the first time that my two uncles, aunts and most cousins have ever been to my house, they all loved it, said it was beautiful and decorated so pretty....I just wanted them to feel comfortable and at home, not really about the house..but I thank them for it, all done in love...isn't it weird with family that you can live so close but never visit or get together? I'm going to try and change that, more getting together...

Well hubby doesn't have to be doing any traveling for the next two weeks, so I will be back to making menus and cooking again, and picking up after him. But glad to have him here...glad he got out of Houston, TX when he did after I saw how flooded things are there...wondered about Elaine and how much water or flooding in their area.

Well folks I have written a book this morning, but like I said, the afterglow of having people here is still with me...Being happy with your life and those around you makes everything else feel so much better...smile, love, be happy and enjoy your time here on earth..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
            Not much going on here...its 0-dark-thirty, and too early to turn on lights without disturbing E. So I'm catching up here, and will do some reading.
            Today will be down to 80° for a high, as temps will be dropping this week what with rain forecasted Friday in particular. Slight chance before and into the weekend. We will see how that turns out.

Right now I need a hot beverage to get me started. I'll think about breakfast later.

Sharon, Yay for MI....that's where I grew up. It has changed so much over the years, I really don't know my way around there any more. The Arab immigrants pretty much own my hometown these days.

Pat, those Danish sound so yummy. But dieting is hard enough, without those heavenly temptations.

To everyone - have a beautiful day today! 😄 Keep smiling.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...I feel like wrestled all night..meaning aching all over and tired....not sure why ....nothing a hot shower won't fix....I have a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer..One more to wash...I am excited..My parents are coming by on their way to camp for a few days...To me it way to cold to camp to them...they say we have a heater....they are going with my mom's cousin and his wife...they have a big camper with room to sit and visit.

Not sure what my day will bring other than seeing my parents and sister she was away this week end....

Comment

Good morning one and all.

Boff, sounds like a good time for you. Nice to have family and friends around. That's not in the cards for me.

Pat, pm me about the cost of your condos for the winter season. Never know, I might want to hit a beach in Florida next year.

Elaine, are you still sleeping with that snake?

This is "leaf dropping" time in Illinois. So guess what I'll be doing today. Tomorrow it's suppose to rain all day, so I'll be doing in house stuff tomorrow. Thursday it is house washing time.

Everyone have an enjoyable day.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Boy did we work yesterday..things clicked and got finished. Wednesday is the first day of vacation and we have things all lined up. But then nothing goes smooth...Jon went out to call Drew in and fell off the back step. His ankle was black and blue when I went to bed and haven't seen it yet this morning but I do know there is half a cherry pie I baked sitting in the kitchen untouched (it is Drew's fav and he took half home) and I had expected it gone by morning. Boy this house is hard on feet! Made the lasagna yesterday and someone here said to make it my own and I did....I hate HATE pepperoni and instead on any meat at all I put in a big package of spinich. Then I lite the pumpkin and used it as candle light so Andrew did not see the green and they gobbled it up with Sierra and her Dad doing big seconds and Drew finishing his first before asking what that green stuff was. Too late kiddo...you already ate it! I used extra ricotta and added a little asiago (we love asiago on most anything around here, even put it in soup) and I had an edible pan of lasagna. Either that are we were all starvin' Marvins. I am up early waiting for the Lowe's truck to deliver and then need to finish bleaching the bath tub grout. The hall ceiling is painted and the new smoke detector and door bell box is hung. School chums called for lunch this week but I am booked with work! I do not enjoy those lunches. If I go anywhere this week it will be to meet my sister for a fabric hunt. No news around here yet this morning, just waiting for a foot/ankle update..just when progress is beginning to be made...ahhhh! Sunny and cool with not a drop of rain anywhere!

Comment

Jostoy, check your PM's.

Comment

Maxie, you made the lasagna to your family's taste, and that's the right thing to do. Yay for you!!!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! The SUN IS SHINING!!!! Lovin' it!

Yesterday was good. After getting home from church I just puttered around. Made up a batch of the choc cookie dough using the Grm Choc cookie recipe. I then divided down into 3 batches. Some I put choc chips in, another CC & nuts, and another made small cookies & made PB filling and made them into sandwich cookies. Everyone thought they looked like Oreos. Becca & I took Blaise to the church for trunk or treat. She took him around & I handed out candy from my car. Didn't have as many as expected. Corky came & took Blaise home, and Becca & I headed up the hill to my brother Tom's & played cards for the evening.

This morning I'm cooking for us & my cousin. Going to my brother's again this evening for dinner & cards. Hopefully my niece will get to play for a little before she has to do homework & study for a test. A little later Becca & I are taking my roaster over to Aunt J's along with some soup & rolls.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Sounds like all of you are off to a great start! Four of the five daycare know dis are here so the morning here is off and running.
                          Sharon, the pictures showed all the smiles and happiness! And I was also checking out your house and decorations! And you sound like a wonderful hostess!
                          Pat, once again you and Donna get me in a baking mood! And a share the food mood. I took some of the muffins we made to a friend and then sent three today to my mom.
                          After last Friday being asked at the last minute to provide a meal for a family, I decided to make a big batch of sloppy Joes like Donna was doing for her group. And I am cooking up some chicken for Poppy seed chicken to have ready for anyone not wanting spicy. They liked the meal I brought but I like to take homemade Food.
                          We have a good chance of rain later this week, but not Halloween. Fingers are crossed!
                          Have a great Monday!

Comment

Good morning, all. Another nice day but it's expected to cloud up tomorrow and rain Wed. Send prayers, voodoo, or hocus pocus. We are getting desperate again.

Leaving soon with niece Carla and her DH to do some shopping and will take them to lunch. Haven't told them yet because I want it to be a surprise.

Maxie. I have never put pepperoni in Lasagna but I have used spinach. I like it like that.

Sharon, your family get-together sounds like a lot of fun. Funny thing about family that lives close. My daughter Kare very seldom comes around but once this year she did help me with cleaning. Then on Facebook she called on the others to do the same. GD Kait does it any time she's here. Joyce, Kait's mom, Joyce was also very helpful when she could.

Pat, I saw the Danish on Facebook. It looked soooo good. Yummy.

Enough for now. Have a great day.

Comment

Good After noon ....

The morning slid by so fast... because I slept until 8:15... unheard of!.... will make a short day....
                              I got busy doing the shower/pick up bathroom. .pick up bedroom,.. clear the sink away...

then started getting out the the ingredients for cooking party with Grandd. Bethany... Tuesday after school. we are making rice Krispy treats.. one of her favorites.. because I Have some lessons .. we stop at that. Thursday she will come again and we will make a Pumpkin pie, and some Peanut butter Balls.. ....should be fun for both of us....... I had the weekend before with her sister and the Buns.and cakes.... Yesterday I made Peanut butter Fudge for Bethany's Brother and sister .. to take back to college ..... these three are the youngest of the grands.. I still need to set up a date with Gddau. Carrie ,,,if she wants to.. for a baking day..

Donna's bringing me goodies... I do love having that girl home in PA..
                              and Sharon, you are so right .. the relatives , which live in this corner of Pa. never get together.. where did the good old days of family reunions go???I can remember going to some every year as a child.. I guess Tv. internet has kept us in touch . sort of.. sad. tho'.

be back later Donna here.
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X