Thursday ~ 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 10/22

Snake not in closet yesterday. Snake sneaking around here somewhere. Had to come home. Nowhere else to go.

Screaming in a purse in a closet does help. Me. Not the snake situation.

Oh no! Go away snake and give ladyebug some peace!

Comment

Good Morning everyone.

Elaine, I don't know that I could even sleep knowing there was a snake somewhere in the house...
      Justy, hope you are feeling better, and breathing better...
      Well another day in the kitchen cooking. Did some last minute grocery shopping also...now I will give the house a one last dusting and sweeping, then I am ready for the weekend..I have so enjoyed being well enough to be in the kitchen cooking and such...hubby has been in Pasedena, TX all week, he will be back late this evening, will be glad to have him back home...the only thing I don't miss is him not picking up and cleaning up after himself.. I realize how much easier it is to keep it clean with just me, but I don't ever want to be without him so I will not complain...life it to short to nit pic on that..looking forward to having some of my family visiting this weekend, they will be here today.

So I will not be posting until they are gone...will not even turn on the computer, want to enjoy every minute I can with them...
      Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...

Always find that ray of sunshine and a reason to be happy in every single day. Love, hugs and prayers to all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It is still dark...I can not tell you the last time I was up this early to see morning dark Heading to my sister's in a few. She is so into this chalk painting etc., and wants me to look at finishes and actual colors from the guy she buys her paint from so I will be better informed on painting the cabs....who knew this would be a project but what I have envisioned in my head is gorgeous. Another problem I have..I see the totally finished project and then am disappointed if I can;t find a piece I want. I cannot get over how dark it is at 7:00AM! Think time changes in another week or so. I managed to spend the entire day doing nothing again yesterday. Sierra had a class cancelled so she came in early but still had to leave again for her night class. Wish I had some desire to be in the kitchen but then again cooking was not something I enjoy very much. Need to pour down a cup of coffee before dressing then out of here. I guage my driving time by the city traffic...never drive through St. Louis at rush hour and this morning I will go through right after. Boff, enjoy your company!

Comment

good morning .

ummmm... Elaine with a snake in her house and Sharon turning off computer........now a very good start today for the RT.. !!!... but , have faith that John will find that little bugger and Sharon will have the greatest of weekends with the family..

Have the kitchen sink cleaned up already.. now to tackle the bathroom.. first a shower , then stay in there and wipe down everything ... ..nice to have a semi-routine... and I too would have a nice neat house if David didn't dropped saw dust bits from his clothes and shoes...but been picking after that man for 64 years and have gotten more or less used to it.. ... he mows a neat yard and loves to move snow around in the winter. he did pull out the marigolds and clean the long flower bed on Tuesday... a bending over job. that makes his back ache.. so I guess he is a keeper too.

pork chop, baked potato. etc etc dinner , ( lunch for you all who don't call 12 pm dinner)... possible quick trip to local little town .. the groc store there has sirloin tip roast on sale for $3.49 #... and I love this meat cooked in crock pot!. should take handful of money and buy more than one.!.

see you all later ...

Hi Paula

Hope your feeling better Justy...

Bethina,, still happy?.
          Pat.. How is Erin doing today?

JoG, whats the temperture out your way?
          Hi Barb

and a wave ~~~~to Hrh , Jostoy, JoS.. Nalani, Punkin.. Darla, Connie ..... and all you Peeker inners... come join us..

HI to Game players , Becky, SassyGirl. Labb. and BINGO HAS STARTED AGAIN !!!!!!.. Halloween topics...... come play with us!

see you this evening .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Yes Maye I am still happy! Not so much this morning because I had to get up at 615. My brother inlaw will pick me up at 8 Am on the his way to work...and drop me off at my new volunteer location..my sister will pick me up at 1230 ish. Its an Adult day care center. I went yesterday to see if would be a place that I liked volunteering at...and enjoyed it enough to go ahead and start volunteering today...The lady said Tuesday and Thursdays are their busiest days so I will volunteer on Tuesday and Thursday morning...and have my stuff in Saint Louis on Wednesday.

Tomorrow and Saturday will be my first two days on my own in my new town as my sister and her family are going out of town. I think that I will be fine and if I need something I have friends that I can call....so I am not worried....

My plans for tomorrow are to crash...and maybe go to the movies on Saturday. I also have new library books calling my name

Comment

Good Morning! LOL!!! When we lived in Freeport there was a snake in the garage...a big one...and the only reason we knew that was because of the skin it shed & was hanging in the rafters. Never saw it in the 5 hrs we lived there.

Yesterday was beautiful. I spent a good part of my day in the kitchen. Baking & cooking. Looked at some rotting bananas and decided to make a banana nut cake & banana nut bread. It's wonderful having nuts that were a reasonable price & not cringing every time I use a cup. My cousin Karen use to be one of my cooking customers when we lived in Freeport and ask if I'd start cooking again. Made chicken & spinach and all the sides. Thankfully that's something Corky will eat too.

This morning is Bible study, so I had to get up early and make the apple pie a customer ordered for noontime. Want to make a trip to Aldi's somewhere along the line. Aunt J is stopping by later. Getting anxious for Becca to get home tomorrow afternoon. Got her bed linens all washed & back on yesterday so her bed will smell nice for her.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Hey !

Today's NOTICE.......hrhouse wil no longer shovel rock. She may not even bend down to pick up ONE rock to move it. She's not a "rockin" granny any longer. WR & I moved a gi-normous pile of river rock over the last two days. Landscape is complete....looks nice ( even if I do say so myself ). One last little touch.....a pot of red mums. Will look for that today when out running other errands.

Question......have you ever seen something ( while shopping ) that is the last thing in the world that you need but simply can't make yourself stop thinking about it and have convinced yourself that you MUST have it ? I'm there. Saw some kitchen cannisters - plain clear square glass ones - at Big Lots several days ago. The ones in the kitchen now are perfectly fine. BUT the ones I saw have brushed nickel lids. Woo Hoo !! Guess what today's task is. Yep.....it's off to Big Lots she goes. LOL

So......off to dress for public view. Take care and enjoy.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!
                  Have to shower this morning and go for my blood test at the Anticoagulation Clinic.....still a monthly thing til the new doc gets a feel for my blood stability. No other plans in particular.

Geez Elaine, I'd go nuts if a snake was in my house. I tend to walk around in the dark time with bare feet. Hope the critter slithers its was outdoors again soon.
                  Have a great weekend, Sharon!

Maye, it has been in the 70's here, what with the autumn rains we've gotten. It'll be in the 80's this weekend, but dropping back to the 70's right away next week. Nights are in the 50's.
                  Looks like rain next Friday, possibly Saturday. Wonder if Halloween will be rained out??? We will see.
                  Yesterday I started to cut back my tomato plants. Then I saw 5 medium-large green tomatoes, and picked a generous handful of cherry tomatoes. The darn plants still have blossoms. But I still need to cut more of the plants back further, if they're to be covered for the winter you season ahead. I really anticipate an earlier winter and frost.
                  Oh, the floor of my garden area is just covered with strawberry plants! Not producing at this time, but the 2 plants I'd bought really took over! Would love to leave them and see the spring harvest on them! Any that overhang the garden will be cut out, though.

Maxie, take your time making your choice(s).
                  Beth, have fun with your Seniors today.
                  Cookie, busy as ever. Geez, I'd like to do some baking....but E & I are trying to get back to a healthier weight. Am learning to deal with WW points (easier than counting all the calories!). Yesterday I managed to have 2 pumpkin cheesecake "bites" and still have a couple of points leeway at the end of the day.

Well, I'd better grab some breakfast real quick and be ready before we have to head out.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! ☺️
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good still dark morning! I have a child due in any minute. Mom went on maternity leave yesterday so Dad will drop off starting today.
                    Those new canisters sound nice! Can you use the old ones for anything else? Cotton balls in the bathroom?....?
                    I had a small pumpkin cheesecake bite at the wedding reception. So good! Now I think we will have that for Thanksgiving or sooner. The other thing I had that was wonderful was a butternut squash bisque. I looked all over and found one by Martha Stewart that looked like the same one ( color) and found another that had nutmeg in it, which my SIL and I think we tasted. It was self serve in tiny plastic bowls and I didn't go back for seconds...

Comment

I am waiting to get my hair cut! I actually drove trady. Went to breakfast with friends and now will get hair and nails done. YAY!!!

NO SNAKES!!!! I would move to Hawaii. Had one in the apartment and almody had a heart attack.
                      "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Aloha all!

Elaine, was it a harmless snake. Hope so. I think you mentioned you had a cat. Let the cat loose in the room with the snake. It might flush it out. We had a cat that would bring in small snakes, lizards, birds, small bunnies in it's cat door and I'd have to remove them.

HR, glad you are getting something you really don't need but want anyway. Gives you a happy feeling when you do.

Bim and I are going to the Ocean Center aquarium today. He goes at least once a week as he bought himself a years pass but I have not been since it was built there. So after we do that will go out to lunch. Most likely the Beach Bum which is near by or maybe someplace else of his choosing. Should be a fun day.

Have a good day all!

Comment

When we left this morning, I was surprised how damp it was. Must have rained pretty good during the dark hours.
                          After my appointment, all the white cumulus clouds were piled high atop the mountain ranges, and the sky a gorgeous blue.
                          The clouds make you wish you could jump and bounce on them. They were tall and thick.

Oh...I forgot to mention before, yesterday afternoon E called me outside to see the horizontal rainbow. It really was a horizontal strip of colors, dulled only by the rain clouds behind it. (Earlier this summer we saw horizontal lightning, too).
                          I'd have taken a picture, but I don't think the dull rainbow and gray clouds would be clear enough.
                          And I'd have to ask someone to post pics for me, as it doesn't work well from an iPad, and the computer is so out of date
                          that wouldn't work anyway.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                          X