STARTING SATURDAY 17 oCTOBER 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STARTING SATURDAY 17 oCTOBER 2017

GOOD MORNING! Oooops, sorry. I didn't realize my cap lock button was on.

I am awake, but not amywhere near ready to get out of bed. I am sleepy and have no ambition.

My pastor returned from his 3 1/2 month sabbatical and will be preaching at all the Masses this weekend. I is good to have him bak. I just have to try and post the picture that was on FB a little while ago. Look at his smile!

I have had an interesting time lately. I have been running low-grad to high fevers and I don't have any flu-like symptoms, etc. I just don't feel well. I have an appointment wit the rheumatologist on Tuesday and HOPEFULLY, I will get some answers.

I must go and read yesterday's posts! I lost a whole day yesterday and didn't do much of anything!

Congratulations to GREAT-grandma Janet!!

See you soon! Take care and have great day!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good...Last night was awesome! I LOVE the balloon piot I am crewing with this weekend. He is one of my favorites last night was the balloon glow balloon glow is when you set up the hot or balloon use fame to make it glow. It was a little windy so when the pilot asked for extra weight in the basket in I went. I was in the basket for a good couple of hours. I am leaving in a not we have a flight this morning. I don't think Is going up this morning. We have to let our sponsor go up this morning. I may get fy either this evening or in the morning..maybe both. I will try to past some pic this after noon when I am more awake.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was pretty...lovin the sunshine.

Yesterday was good. Doctor's appt went fine. Just about all levels were good except for my A1C and I'll have to work on that. I want to go to an Endocrinologist and get her opinion plus she has to do a biopsy on my goiter. Came home and called my beautician and ask her to make me beautiful...couldn't stand my hair anymore. Looks better now. Still want to get a body wave, but that'll be for next time. Made up some pie crusts and rolled out the ones I need for the orders for the next week. I then got out all the lemons I've accumulated from the reduced-produce basket and zested them & squeezed. Got enough for 4 pies. Needed enough for 2 pies this morning & froze the remaining juice & zest in little snack bags for future orders. Made spaghetti for dinner. Had a relaxing evening.

This morning I'm making pies. Not sure what else I'll get into this morning. Late this afternoon Blaise & I are going to a Halloween party. One of his classmates is having the party. Called the Mom to RSVP and ask if it was for a birthday and she said no. They just moved into town right before school started and thought this would be a great way to meet people. I admire her. To only be in your new home with 3 kids and a husband that works long hours and host a party is amazing. I offered to take her around and show her the area, but I don't know that we'll have a vehicle big enough for all the kids and their car seats.

Have fun Bethina!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning ...

cold cold ,, darn.. and no sunshine yet.. sigh...

BUT .. what a week this has been!.... Drs. tests, hospital... BABY...and it ain't over yet... this afternoon granddaughter Hannah wants to "make " something .. with her Nana... awwwww. isn't that sweet?.... so heading out to store very soon.. only one store carries fresh yeast ,, will get that and a few other things so we can make up bun dough. ( only 1/2 recipe ).. and maybe make a flat cake of some sort. ... the calendar for next week says nothing scheduled... but you never know what might show up?.

Val. find out what's going on !. Please?
        Bethina. sounds like your day was exciting !.
        Donna,, ummmm apples... I have little bit of pie dough in freezer, and some apples in downstairs Kitchen.. sounds like dumplings to me..

Hate going out in the cold but I better get moving ...

HI Justy ~~~~~ Paula.

and be back to respond and read who ever comes in today.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning, all. WOKE UP TO A WET WORLD THIS MORNING!!! From looking at the forecast we may get more later today. Of course there isn't any more forecast for the rest of the week.

Don't really know what the day will be like but I feel good enough to get a few things done. I have everything to make a Key Lime pie so may get that done. There is something that is called that in the freezer at the store but they aren't fit to eat.

Cookie I need a haircut, too. but I think I'll hang on till the first of next month when my sis will be home. They have gone for an 18 day cruise down the west coast of Mexico and on to to northern South America. Lucky ducks. I'm glad that she has someone in her life who really loves to travel, too.

Beth I hope you have a chance to go on more balloon rides. I would like that but have never really had a chance to do it.

So everyone have a marvelous day.

Comment

Good Morning!

Beautiful fall weather out there - leaves turning like mad.

I dreamed all night I was in someone else's house scrubbing sinks, so I think that is what I'll do at my own house today. Kitchen could use a good scrub down, as well.

Looks like pork chops for lunch.

Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning...been up a long time, but hubby is home also which sometimes throws my start of the day off...BLT's for breakfast, all things cleaned and put away, watched a DVR of a show we recorded last night, sewed on my quilt for a little while, now getting ready to hit the shower, get dressed, and head to MI to visit youngest son...will take a few qt. jars of homemade veggie soup with me..only 35 degrees outside right now, so dressing warm..I gave his girlfriend my old sewing machine and she said the thread keeps bunching up so will see if we can get the tension and such straightened out...Hubby and son have some outside work at his place to get done...well hubby is up and moving so I best get in gear also...Hugs, love, peace and happiness to all..enjoy your weekend..
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hi to "ya'll" ( hey....I'm working on being a southerner ) LOL. Took my coffee out to the patio awhile ago......had to get mean and tough. Two lizards on MY chair busy making more little lizards. Too early in the morn. for that sorta schtuff, dudes. Move along.

Today, WR & I will be moving some plants & bushes around to accomplish the new look for the landscaping. Taking out all the mulch in front of the house which seems to be the neighborhood kitties ( 3 of them ) favorite Pit Stop. Putting down river rock & landscaping timbers. Sure hope that makes it smell better out front. I know,I know.......how pleasant. huh ?

Need to move along......~~~~~~ later.

Comment

Good morning, all.
                  It's the 3rd day of overcast skies and little, if any, sun. We didn't see rain yesterday, but heard it coming in about 7 p.m. And it looks like we got a really good one during the night....our block fence is dark with moisture. Today's another similar day, overcast, with rain forecasted for all afternoon. I'm not complaining! Rain is always welcome here.

Might get grocery shopping done. Our pharmacy is in the store, and we were told to get our flu shots there. Other than that, not much is happening here.
                  Oh, has been serious about losing weight lately. So we joined WW online. Now he has to track his foods himself (otherwise he snacks without even thinking). I dreaded the elusive point system, but we are catching on how it works, and beats counting calories. Unlike other food trackers, although you can track exercises, it does not allow extra eating points when you do. The other trackers I've had, do, and it doesn't help except give you an excuse to eat more. WW doesn't. We both are seeing sensible results.

Val, sorry to hear you're under the weather. I hope it passes soon. Do get checked by your doc!
                  Hi Beth. Glad you're having such fun ballooning.
                  Cookie, Maye - happy baking. Wish I lived nearby!
                  Hi Barb, Elaine, and all who follow.

Have a great day! 💁
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Got the house cleaned yesterday and laundry caught up. Drew left early since they were heading to a football game. Jon ended up working a double so Sierra and I had to run him out a midnight lunch...no we were not out at midnight but at 7:30 to take him A lunch. That was late enough for me! She is working day shift this morning and sent a text at 6:30 saying she had just waited on Mike Matheny, the Cardinal manager. She was so excited and they have his autograph hanging in the office. You just never know who will be traveling interstate 55 from St. Louis to Chicago. So that woke me up but once up I decided the house was way to cold for me to stay up. I think we will have a discussion on what is the proper setting for the thermostat...66 is not cutting it for me! Sierra ask to go back to the mall after work so I see another expensive afternoon in the making. Thank goodness she is dressing better! No rain, which we need, but another glorious sunny day and cold...we are past cool now...it is darn cold out there this morning. Beth, I have never been up in a balloon and would love to. I love key lime pie but would actually fight for a lemon pie right now. My all time fav is lemon pie and the lemon cake from the Olive Garden is a fast second...well, there is also blackberry cobbler and I am a little partial to pineapple upside down cake...golly I need cookie closer! Hope you feel better soon Punkin. Happy Saturday travels and adventures to everyone. After the mall I am stopping for groceries since I will have another set of hands to carry. Not very exciting for a Saturday but we do what we can....

Comment

Looks like Sharon & HR were typing with me, as I didn't see their posts before I posted. Hi!
                      Sharon, sometimes switching to ball point needles is the answer to the bunching up problem. I just keep them in my machine all the time. Except maybe for heavy fabrics.
                      Maxie, you're ruining my diet thinking of all those scrumptious goodies! 😉
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Funny you should mention Key Lime pie. One of my regular customers called me yesterday asking if I make Key Lime Pie. I have made it in the past, but it's not one of my favorites to make. I need a really GREAT recipe....you have one BarbCA? Anyways, one of his co-workers was wanting one & didn't see it on my list. I told him I'd check to see if I could even find key limes around here....can't. Called several of the larger stores in town. Now if I'd go down into Pgh, I'm sure I'd find some, but I'm not traveling that far for a few key limes and I refuse to make a KL pie with bottled juice....unless you say so Barb.

I made 2 lemon meringue pies, an apple pie, and now busy mixing up 5 kinds of cookie dough...sugar, choc chip, scotchies, teacakes, and maple twists. I then hope to mix up a batch of bread. My SIL was going to order bread for tomorrow too, but found one loaf of the cottage cheese bread in the freezer. Now my nephew is bringing 3, yes THREE BIG college guys, with him tomorrow to dinner. Now a single loaf of bread isn't going to cut it for hunger guys who haven't had home cooking for months. I'm going to send another loaf with her for dinner and another loaf wrapped up for my nephew to take back to school. The guys are going back up to school right after dinner. I'm also going to send a few dozen cookies with him too. I'm also sending the extra lemon pie with her too. My treat! She LOVES lemon pie & she can let the boys eat up the apple pie.

Had a nice chat with the customer that picked up 2 pies this morning. Sounds like they are going to be regular customers. I gave them a sample plate of cookies too, and that excited them. They didn't know I made cookies too.

Back to work. Anyone want to come scrub my floor? All the flour & sugar sure do make a mess. Aunt J...going to have to have a grease scooping day soon!

Comment

Aloha all!

Am giggling about HR's comment about the lizards. There are LOTs here-mostly geckos which are rather cute but messy.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                          X