Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 10/15

Good Morning, Friends.

Congratulations, Great Grandparents - Janet and Dave. Excellent news. Big baby!

The news here is that the Rangers lost an ugly game and now we can rest up from baseball. I'm exhausted.

Dr. for flu shots this morning at 8.

Have a super day, Everyone.

Good morning Long day but good ahead of me at least I hope so...I am going to my parents...my sister is taking me to the metro train at 8. It will be just over an hour on the metro..daddy will pick me up on the other end...While I am home today...I have to get to my ears looked at they are really bothering me. I also have to get a tb skin test.

Yesterday was one of the best days in for ever...I found a place that I can volunteer a couple of days a week 1 morning and one afternoon a week...I got to go church.

I am very very excited that I have found the exact type of place I want to volunteer. I really love working with the elderly...especially ones with AL timers or Dementia. Ones that need help and are ok accepting it. I will more than likely help with activities. The lady was supposed fax the app to my case manager...she didn't but my case manager will call again today and I will go for the test they want done...

Church was loud but awesome! It felt so good to be in church and to leave feeling like I had been to church...It was great feeling like I was being preached to instead of preached at....I love how they seem to be accepting of every one..

This morning I finally got to order the last book in series I have read over the last 3 years...they have been published one book a year for the last 3.

Everyone have an amazing day!

Comment

Just saw the pic of Maye's new great-grandson - wow! He is a whopper! Over 9 lbs.! Congrats to all!

Not a good night last night - woke up choking about an hour after I went to sleep. Apparently the Prilosec isn't working and my GERD is working overtime. I took Nexium for a LONG time, but suddenly BCBS decided they won't pay for it. I will be calling my doc's office today to see if there is ANYTHING else they can put me on that will WORK.

Board meeting here yesterday - we were all on pins and needles because it had been mentioned that we *might* get cut back to part-time this winter. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Not much else new here. A nice 61° here this morning and breezy. Needed a light jacket for the ride to work. Cold front coming through this weekend and will be in the low 50's at night.

Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning and a very chilly one at that, yes it is fall, and I love it..leaves are really starting to change in color and its a spectacular color show.

Yes congrats to the great grandparents Janet & Dave, and the parents and all the family and relatives, Logan was a whopper for sure..

Bethina, glad you are in such good spirits and liking things so far, hope it continues, always remember to be thankful of what you have and show it...makes everything so much better..

Pat I suffer from the same thing, I take 30 mg of Prevacid in the morning and 30 mg in the evening, plus I take Sucralfate tabs 4 times a day....it is the choking and it going back into my lungs that gives me the aspirated pneumonia...I have a wedge pillow plus a pillow I sleep on at night to keep my head elevated...and make sure not to eat past a certain time in the evening..

Guess I will get my flu shot next week...use to never get them, now afraid to take the chance not to.

Got the sheets changed on my bed yesterday, washed the lightweight blanket and put it away, got the heavy winter blanket out and on the bed now. Got all the bedding from motorhome all washed and put away, this weekend, unload the food cabinet..

Don't have a plan for my day, let it just come to me as I go along the way, whatever strikes my fancy..starting tonight they are predicting low temps in the 30's, so yes I do live up North..

Nalani, so glad Bim is liking his new surroundings and doing so well...makes it easier on you for sure...hope you enjoyed your overnight visitors, sure you did.

Darla, figured you guys had a plan for catching who might be doing things to you guys.

Hope to see more people stopping by to say hello, good morning or hey....

Peace, joy, love to all..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! CONGRATS Aunt J!!!

Yesterday was good. I spent the entire morning baking off those 4 kinds of cookies. My customer showed up around 11am and sampled some of the new cookies, but when it came down to it, she ask what I had in the freezer & bought 4 doz out of there along with the 2 doz she already had reserved. Works for me! Don't know what happen to my afternoon. I did run to Saxonburg on a couple of errands. One being stopping at the grocery store to make sure they were actually going to have the walnuts that were going on sale today for $4.99/lb. Actually got to talk to the produce manager & she ordered 2 more cases and is going to reserve those 2 for me. Their truck with the sale items won't arrive until late this morning....how dumb is that? Glad I stopped and asked because I had planned to be there when they opened this morning so I was sure to get the nuts. I'd have been ticked because they didn't have a single bag of them yesterday, which means they wouldn't have had any this morning either.

This morning I'm going to Bible Study, then home to make another pot of chicken & rice soup. Per request from Blaise & Cork. Not sure what else I'll get into today. Cork is going for a job interview at a temp agency. Kathy supposedly had a job interview at a nursing home yesterday for 3rd shift.

Have a good one all!

Comment

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Thank you all for sharing my happy news.... it was a very long day for Kristen and Ian and all of us waiting ....just too bad it had to end with C-section .. and glad that the Dr did not wait any longer for her to struggle with this little ".whopper".Logan....We will go back over to visit and see him again this after noon.. maybe even hold???..
            however,, these two old people are not used to sitting up , awake ,, all day long....very tired.....son Mark drove us home , at 1.30am while his wife and daughter followed ... it was foggy. so we came on the main highways.. longer way but safer... fell into bed..
            and super glad I have nothing on my calendar but house work ......and as we all know ,, that can be postponed

Bethina, you SOUND so happy... I am glad for you!.
            Sharon, you too sound so much better.... now hope you stay right there..
            HI Darla, Pat. Barb.
            Hrh. that tingly feeling to hold baby is sure working strong this morning!...
            HI Donna.

hope to see you here to day Justy

~~~~~Paula....

see you all some time later today... need more coffee and son Mark , the grandfather... (now THAT's hard to say!).. is here...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Still hobbling around while trying to walk. Hope this gets better.

Pat, I'm so surprised that you are having gerd/acid reflux after having your surgery. I know that the kind that Boff had increases the chance or makes it worse. With my surgery, it stopped the acid reflux completely. Before the gastric bypass, I was on Renididin (spelling) 500 mg a day. Always took care of the problem unless I ate spice food or drank a carbonated drink too late.

Today will be lawn mowing day with the rider. The back yard, which I do with the push mower, will have to wait when I don't have to "walk funny".

Everyone have a great day. Hrh, hope you find yourself getting better each day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Mornin'......sounds like it's started out fantastic for most of us.

I think I've found the secret...........at least it worked this time. Had an 8 a.m. Dr. appt. ( was his very 1st. one of his day ).....no waiting in either the waiting room or the inner sanctum. Doc was on time and even did X-rays. Was in and out and back home within 1 hr. Moral of this is.......Grab that first appt. every time you can. ( even if you do have to roll out before the sun comes up.)

Maye......a big congratulations to your entire family and a big sigh of relief for momma and newborn son. C-section less stress on everyone in the long run. I can tell you right now......that child is going to be one spoiled little boy. But so much fun doing it.

Maxie....thanks for the info/explanation. Sounds like both of us were in a similar situation where making a decision to move was concerned. Comes a time when we get older that we need someone who cares . Doesn't make it anymore to our liking realizing that a bit of our independence is going down the drain.

Pat.....ask your doc about Ranitadine ( generic Zantac ). Have taken it for quite a few years and it still does the trick.....twice a day. I feel your pain, girlie.

Well, need to stop yakking and get outside to tackle some little projects. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood ( so said Mr. Rogers.)

Enjoy !
                Last edited by hrhouse; 10-15-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Jostoy - nope, no such luck. Right after surgery they put me on Protonix (another GERD med) which worked beautifully.

HRH, Zantac is like candy to me. Sort of like eating Tums.
                  The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                    Today brings mid-90's temp, and 20% chance of rain. That means humidity is up.
                    E is so sore from heavy work the other day, he "hopes" to spend today in bed. But he did move furniture for me yesterday. It's far too heavy for me. I did get the area rug cleaned really good, and the floors look decent again. Got the bathroom looking great. Maybe today is "kitchen cleaning" day.

Friend was supposed to go to dinner with us yesterday...his request. He was a no-show, so we went without him after waiting nearly 1-1/2 hrs. Apparently he tried sending an email that he'd eaten something that made him very sick. It was supposedly sent at 4:30, but it didn't sail into E's iPad til 6:30. I had E check his messages before we left, and there wasn't any from him then. We should be used to this by now.

Lots of posts already this morning. Beth, you do sound very happy!
                    Pat, the doc has me on Prilosec (generic Omniprazle is cheaper and as effective). It works fine for me.
                    Maye, a wonderful event for your family!
                    HR, can't always get that 1st appointment. Often we are lucky to get one in less than a month. I think they try to save Friday's for serious "urgent" business. The doctors spend their Friday mornings for that, but are gone for the day when lunchtime hits.

Hi Elaine, Sharon, Jostoy, cookie, and to all who follow. 😄
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maye. Big congratulations from me, too! And for me, that baby sounds just right! Mine were all 9 lbs + except for Stuart who was 10.6! And they were all C-section.
                      But that labor sounds like everyone involved must have been exhausted! Blessings on that mother! and what a great name!
                      Bethina, you have never sounded happier and it will just keep getting better...On that cat question of yours: I have only two words: Inside cat! It is just too heartbreaking when things happen to our animals. For our rescue cat Becky had to sign a paper saying he would be an inside cat only. And we had lost a cat to a feline disease that he caught from another cat...so it isn't just cars and dogs that cats have to worry about. Anyway, just my suggestion. You will love having a kitty companion. Check out a rescue shelter and spend a little time to see the different personalities of the cats. I prefer calm lap cats.
                      Pat, can you regulate that heartburn by the time you eat and stop eating? jGary used to get it really bad.
                      I am almost ready for my trip. It took forever to find the outfits am taking. Ugh. What did I just do to mess up this font? I don't want to lose the post, so bear with me. For the Hawaii trip I had new capris and tops. For this trip capris will not be an option. Jeans and sweaters and then dressy clothes for the wedding day. I had a new pair of shoes ordered that came in yesterday just in time but I decided I don't like them that much and will send them back and wear the heels I wore to church on Sunday.
                      I got a TSA Precheck so I am wearing sneakers since I won't have to take my shoes off. My mom didn't get the TSA pass but because of her age she doesn't have to take her shoes off anyway. And she said she doesn't care if we go through different lines.
                      I am not taking my ipad but will try and get some check in time with my friend's computer or on my phone. The phone is harder to see the whole post so what I want to post might not be what I actually get posted.
                      Have a great day/weekend and hope all with stomach issues get better!

Comment

Paula - I try to never eat past 6:30pm. And even that isn't helping.

I called the Dr.'s office - they are supposed to call me back. I also checked the formulary for BCBS - Nexium IS on the approved list, so I'm not sure why they refused to pay for it.

Comment

Looks like a morning trip top Home Depot....we are so done with Lowe's and then eldest had a horrible experience with them where he lives...so we have switched to the Home. Working on kitchen door today. The new doors are in!! And we are waiting for the installer to call. Making a big decision on the kitchen cabs. We cannot afford a redo so are kicking around using the new chalk paint and sealer. My sister has been dealing in chalk paint since before it became the fad and will be able to give us advice. Still kicking but that will change my entire curtain color scheme so you may be hearing again about my curtains again..All kids home for supper tonight so we will have a nice sit down. I love sit downs. Hear a door being dropped so better get going..congrats on the new baby.

Comment

Working...
                          X