Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ 10/7

Hello, Everyone.

Well, who knew that 3 men power washing a church could take 9 hours! They figured they would be finished by noon, so when John got home around 5, the baked potatoes were cold and the steaks are still in the refrigerator waiting to be cooked. He ate some peanut butter crackers and passed out in his chair.

Cooling down here, but we are still in a severe drought. No rain in the foreseeable future, says the weatherman.

I found 4 sets of Chinese figurines in a cabinet that I had long forgotten, so I thought it was a perfect way to begin collecting stuff around here to get rid of. At this point I've filled 1 bag and am looking to fill another with "stuff." I have too many glass cabinets filled with things that I am finally losing my attachment to.

Hope all is well with everyone. Thinking of Barb in SC and hoping they are OK.

Have a good day, Everyone.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 10-07-2015, 06:10 AM.

Good Morning .

Hi Elaine.... keep talking about collecting and discarding ... get me Motivated!.... I sooooo want to scale down all the Stuff I have in drawers and on shelves... just need a big push!..I .have those big black trash bags, that I can't see into...will bring some upstairs and just start filling them.. right?.

this is the day we wait on the service guy from Sears.. ... I have plans to make a couple pies.one is for Karen. ( dough is mixed up already).. and to make home- made Mac and cheese using LisaUK recipe ... the best... making enough for us and Karen. to go with the tilipia fish.. tiny side salad and you have a delicious meal...

the Dermatologist had to freeze the bridge of my nose, yet again...so I look a little like a clown this morning ... fortunately , it only stung and burn for a little while.. so that trip is done until next April.. David. goes to pcp tomorrow morning .. maybe we will find out what might be the problem causing the double vision episodes .. ?
    Sister in law Bonny was discharged yesterday... did not hear any results from her daughter Amy.. but she got through the echocardiagram, a stress test and the heart cath.. and is still alive ...

enjoy your day one and all..
    Hi Paula......and Hi Justy.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

G'Morning......from sunny S.C. ( and how grateful we are to be able to say that !! ) Rivers are beginning to recede in most places - but there's still plenty of flood waters everywhere and the entire area is under the Boil order for water. But at least we still have running water from the taps......a large portion of the area doesn't.

Take care everyone.....see you later.

Comment

Morning all

Barb - glad to hear you're safe! Living in a hurricane zone isn't much fun sometimes, is it? Been there, done that.

Not much new to report. My friend that had the stroke 2 months ago is now in hospice care and expected to pass any time. So so sad. Even sadder is that her family doesn't feel they need to be with her - so a couple of friends (including myself) have been sitting with her. Her breathing is down to 4-5 times a minute, so it could be anytime.

I'm off to straighten out this office. Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning. It's dreary looking out there right now, but the sun is suppose to shine. At least it's not freezing cold.

Yesterday was good. I just puttered the day away. Didn't get to the laundry until evening & just switched loads btw commercials. Went to Saxonburg to deposit my baking money in the bank so some sticky fingers don't get tempted. Got Blaise a half dollar & he was on top of the world. He loves collecting coins.

This morning I'm going to WM to get insulin and a couple other items. Getting ready for a trip to Ohio tomorrow. Good thing I checked the location we had PLANNED to pick up the truck in Shelby. Here they close by 11:30am on Thursdays and they weren't willing to wait until noon when I think we'll be getting there. So I had to call & switch locations to the place we got our big trucks when we moved. They are so much nicer & accommodating there anyways. Will just take us about 20 more minutes in travel time though. Bugger!

Time to get busy....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Nice to see a post from Hrh. and know she is safe.

Had laundry started by 5:30, but noticed a rusty color in my clothes. Had the towels and window cleaning rags in the dryer before I noticed the "dirty" water in my white load. So stopped the dryer to check my white towels and washcloths and found them dingy looking. So stopped the dryer and will do my laundry another day. I guess I missed the fire hydrant flushing schedule in the paper.

Everyone have a good day. BTW...won't be checking in tomorrow as I have to be at the surgical center by 7:15 for a nerve block procedure.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning....I now know why as couples age they sleep in separate rooms!!! That hubby of mine and his snoring is really messing with my sleep!! Even earplugs did not drowned out the noise so I was up in the wee hours of the morning and not able to go back to sleep, why? because deep down I was upset with him...(shame on me) and just couldn't. After he left for work at 7:00 a.m. I went back to bed and just woke up at 9:15 s.m.

I will be heading to the store here shortly, dreaded trip, do not like grocery shopping..
              Hrhouse, glad you are seeing some sunshine, it sure makes the spirit a lot better...you are suffering from PTSD, to much happening to you in a short amount of time and feeling overwhelmed, been there done that...and it is very real, but hard to explain to someone who has never been through it or who has had the experience..the brain just short circuits. Thinking of you and hope the situation continues to improve.

jostoy, good luck today, hope this brings some relief for you...getting older is NOT for sissy's!

Cookie, good luck to you and what is to come, smart move on banking your money, and from now on keeping all monies near and dear to you...fanny pak! Be careful on your drive..
              Maye, hope your sis in law will be okay, what kind of pie are you making. I was thinking of making a homemade lemon pie or chocolate, just sounds good. But tomorrow I will make the Twinkie Strawberry dessert to take with us to the reunion, as well as get the baked beans together ready for the oven.

Pat it is a good thing you guys are doing for your friend...so sorry to hear that she has not long to be here.

Elaine and Maye, I feel so much better getting rid of so much 'stuff', I am not a collector of anything anymore, have lots of Boyd's Bear things packed away, will give to Grandgirls someday if they want them, if not, in boxes they shall remain.

The sun is now coming out, which makes me feel so much better, so I shall get off of here and get myself busy for the day.

Love, hugs and good wishes to all for a great day.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good cool morning! The second garbage truck has come and gone and my cans are back behind the gate and out of sight. I like the front clear for daycare cars and trucks.
                I am Trying to clear out things, but have such a hard time with the emotional attachment. One little souvenir that I didn't even like, but because our son gave it to Gary it is hard for me to "throw out." Actually, saying it like that makes it a little easier to see the emotion and let it go...we'll see.
                Pat, it is hard to think there are people out there who can stay away at a time like your friend is going through. I know none of those who are sitting with her will ever regret it...peace to all of you, especially your friend.
                I have to go. Be back later. Hrh, thankful to read your post.
                Everyone, take care! Elaine, tell John to rest up!

Comment

Good morning.
                  I woke at 3 today, managed to get back to sleep and woke again at 7.

Today's the 3rd cloudy day. Yesterday we did get rain.....funny thing.....at noon we had some rain only in the front yard, but later it was everywhere for about 1-1/2 hours. Didn't seem like much, though. Looks like there probably was overnight rain, as the block fence looks darker this morning. Still a 20% chance of rain today, and only up to 74°. Tomorrow we will be in the 80's again.

Today my feet swelling is down, but my toes and ball of my feet are "tingly". But we do plan to go grocery shopping today.

After yesterday's' news, I'm so glad hrh & Punkin are doing okay. Floods are scary. I don't think Mother Nature should allow floods to go over curb level !

Cookie, you know from past experiences what she is liable to get into. Yes, keep money & jewelry out of sight, is safe places.

Pat, am so sorry about your friend. It's good to know she has loyal friends to sit with her. I believe her subconscious mind is active til the end, and she knows at some level that it's her friends who care and help give her the peace she needs. It's a shame that her family is so selfish and uncaring.

To all, I wish you a very good day! 😃
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Ended up getting my flu shot yesterday back at home. I had to go back and order checks with the new address and I wanted the numbers changed on the check and did not want to mess that up on line. Renewed Scott's local paper and came home to veg out. Today is laundry. I see a big basket at the top of the steps...a lovely parting gift from my granddaughter this morning. I also have a big basket so knew today was going to be laundry day. I parted with a lot of stuff when I moved and was surprised that the boys took so much of it. So far I miss nothing I threw out or gave away. Sierra has already ask for the old rocker. It came from an old aunt on my husbands side but Sierra remembers it as the chair G.P. (my dad) always sat in when he came. My dad, her great grandfather, is the only grandpa she ever really had since my husband died the year she was born and her mother's dad left the family for another woman the same year. Attachments are funny...when I moved here a few months ago I would never have parted with that chair but when she ask for it when she left (ha!) I will be glad to part with it. Think we will try to go to my sister's tomorrow for some tailoring. Need to call for her plans although she knew it was a possibility. Sierra bought a pair of roll up pants but she is such a shorty they need to be cut off before they can be rolled up. Glad Barb and her husband are safe and have none of the massive cleanup, ick, some have. Boffler, so happy to see you feeling better. Have a wonderful Wednesdayeveryone. Sunny and warmer here.

Comment

Good Wednesday all! It is a sunny, but cool dau so far. It hasn't gotten to 60 yet. It is supposed to be 82 by this afternoon. I am TRYING to convince myself to get out of the house and haven't been very successful yet. It is tough not wanting to drive. It will be good tomorrow because I have a friend coming to pick me up so we can go to breakfast wit a group of friends.

It really is sad that families treat the people that are supposed to love like so many treat them. It is wonderful that you are supporting your friend during this tough time for her. You and your friend are in my prayers - as are her family! Maybe they will have a change of heart.

I hope David has a god visit with his doctor, but I wonder if he doesn't need to see the opthamolgist.
                      I hope it is nothing serious and can be corrected fast!!

Where is Bethina? She hasn't posted since I came back. (Was it something I said? LOL)

I was glad t see Barb's post. Columbia got hit really hard by the storm. Aiken did also, but not even close to what Columbia got. The death totalis now 15. I have triedc to find out if they have been identified yet, but have had no luck.

Donna, I pray that you will have a safe trip and that Kathy will not disrupt your life too much.

Take care everyone and have a great day!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Punkin, Beth has by now (I hope) moved to her new home, and is probably settling in. She will be closer to her sister there. I hope she will be able to be in touch very soon. Could be she hasn't yet got her computer up. Or maybe lost the RT addy.

Speaking of addresses, there have been some members who moved in the last year. I think the IRL list needs to be updated. I hope that Pat or someone can do that soon. I'm not very good at all at doing the spreadsheets.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

So glad Barb is having nice sunny weather to dry up some of those wet areas.

Sad when family are not there at the end for their loved ones. That is good of you, Pat, to do that.

Good luck on your procedure, Jostoy!

I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist this morning for routine check up. Will be getting my eyes dilated as usual. Should get my eye prescription checked and am not sure if they do that there too. I did see a section of frames to pick from the last time I was there so might.

There are all sorts of things going on here today. Flu shots, a craft fair, a trip to the mall. Hope to get back in time to see the craft fair.

Have a good day all!

Comment

I hope your appointment went well, Nalani And I hope you made it back for the fair!

I hope also that Bethina gets back soon.
                            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Thanks, Val! It went well and I don't have to see him for a year. When I got back went down to see about the fair and found out no one showed up. 'Rolling eyes' Our activity; director leaves a lot to be desired here. My big impression of her is that she mostly bustles around looking important.

Beth, is in the process of moving and she'll get here eventually when moved in.

Comment

Working...
                              X