Tuesday Oct 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Oct 6th

Good Morning! Yesterday was a gorgeous fall day. Love it! I can deal with semi-warm as long as the sun is shining.

Yesterday was good. The first half just flew away since I was in town. Did some grocery shopping, mostly for the mission dinner I'm in charge of organizing for the weekend. Had my mammogram too. Came home and made & iced the cupcakes that are ordered for today. Made lots of stinky fish for dinner...yummy!

This morning I have to bake a pie for an order. Laundry & paperwork are on my agenda for today. Who knows what else I'll get into.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning everyone, kind of dark out yet, lots of fog and 2 hr. school delays, visibility is less than a half mile..they say it should burn off by around 10:00 a.m.

For some unknown reason both the kitties thought I should be up by 6:00 a.m., no later than 6:30 a.m.!!! Don't know what their problem was but I did get up...GRRRR

Got the laundry done yesterday, somewhat of a grocery list and menu made, now tomorrow will shop. Today will do the dusting and sweeping..slow and steady.

Got my bathroom rugs yesterday, love ordering them from JCPenney's because of the colors they have to offer and the softness, hubby likes soft rugs on his feet in the mornings, not cold tiles, LOL

Was good seeing a post from hrhouse yesterday, praying for her, WR and Pumpkin also, so much flooding and loss of lives...our son was down in Myrtle Beach the week before, in fact his truck is still down there, he had a tire blowout which in turn made him wreck his truck, he had to get a rental car to come home in, his insurance company is taking care of the rest...when the truck is repaired guess he and hubby will have to make a trip to Myrtle Beach or he might just fly down and drive it back..no one was involved and no one was hurt..thank gosh..

I guess being sick and out of commission makes things go haywire because we are supposed to be going to Natural Bridge State Park in KY for a family reunion, which I thought I had made reservations for at a campground, found out yesterday that apparently I did not make any and now there are no campgrounds available to park at...hubby is not a happy camper, neither am I. And trust me, the area has not much to offer. Hopefully he can figure it out today, if not, we will stay in a motel somewhere I suppose. Bad me!! Really wanted to take the motorhome because of my 'problems' have bathroom will travel!!!

Well time to go read the news, and get this day started...feeling like baking something, just haven't figured out what yet..might just start baking some cookies to take to the reunion..what I was going to make will be out of the question if we can't take the motorhome..

Hugs and good wishes for all...hoping to see more Rounders coming back with the cooler temps outside..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Yes it was good to hear that Hrh. and WR are safe so far. From what she posted, don't know about their house and things will survive or not. Heard on the news that a damn broke yesterday afternoon.

Got the house washed and half the windows done yesterday. Will finish the rest after I get my haircut today. The "old bod" just gave out yesterday, so had to quit before I was done.

Everyone have a wonderful day. Hrh. everything will work out. Just hang in there.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Jostoy want to come to Ohio for that 'outdoor' haircut? I am out of practice so forgive me, LOL...
        Will also be waiting to hear from hrhouse, just way to much upheaval for two people in a short amount of time..thankful she is close to her daughter at this stage in life...
        also wonder how pumpkin is doing
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning, must be something in the air with cats, Gus is acting really strange for her (probably normal for any other cat), I went in the bedroom yesterday evening to watch TV since there wasn't anything I wanted to see on regular TV, anyhow I felt what I thought was Ebil jump on the bed behind me. When I looked it was Gus and she actually laid there and let me pet her. She stayed put in the bed all night and only got out of it this morning when it was time to eat. Normally if she stays in the house because of the cold she will stay in the living room, or if she comes in the bedroom, will lay somewhere out of sight.

Boff, do you have family down there in the area? maybe you could park your motorhome in one of their driveways? Back home had a neighbors brother who used to come up from FL in his, would stop at the rest area to empty his toilet tank and fill up with water then on to the neighbors and not sure if he had special extension cords or what, but he would plug into their garage, this gave he and his wife the privacy of their own space but allowed them to visit family at lesser cost.

Has anyone heard from Beth since her move?

Comment

Good Morning .

up ,dressed , ready to go out the door... this is Dermatologist appt. today.... thank heavens I have a Lady Derm... the one person who scans ALL of you .. looking for bad spots.. my Derm. is also the mother of one of my prize students.. and over the years we have become good friends.

Jostoy.. got a grin on my face when I read " the old bod gave out yesterday". That seems to happen so Early in the aging process. mine hit just after I got into my 60s and has spiral downhill ever since... I'm good now for about an hour in the forenoon ...then all tasks after that are done in 10-15 min spurts... See what you have to look forward to..

Sharon, the best laid plans of mice and men...etc etc.. but it is such a delight to read your busy schedule these days... Nagging ahead... But please don't over do it!..

Grandson DAvid was out of state and not in his place in Mrytle beach so he is fine. but he might get home to find a mess!.

Better get moving .. will be back , need to tend to my Games.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

So glad to hear from Barb. Had no idea they had moved. Glad they are with family, at least.

We have 2 bodies (and minds) here giving way. LOL

Actually these 2 bodies along with 2 others are heading out the door for the church to powerwash the outside. Homecoming Sunday so we have have to spruce up.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
                A much cooler day today -- 75° and 50% chance of rain.
                Got my shopping list made, my coupons out....wish my energy was up. My feet still swollen, which can make things like walking clumsy at times. But, it doesn't matter if I shop today or tomorrow, but it'll get done.

No, haven't heard from Beth yet. Hope her move went well. She has a lot of changes to get used to.
                Sending positive thoughts to Hrhouse and Punkin.
                Sharon, I hope things work out well for the trip.

Have a good day! 😀
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Dark out with the just the start of a lighter sky in the east.
                  I have fingerprint art for today which will be messy but fun...the hardest part is to keep them from wiping their fingers on their clothes. I have them wear aprons but they all seem to want to wipe their hands on their clothes. I told one little boy, Oh, don't wipe your hands on your clothes. He then reached over and wiped his hand on mine! Pants had a tinge of green paint all day...now I sit with one chair between us.
                  Hmmm, my mind is already on what I have to go and do so will just tell you all to stay well and praying for our friends in the Carolinas. I read on Facebook that so far, Val is ok, although Aiken got a lot more water in the downtown than she first posted.
                  Have a good day and I will check in later to see what is going on.

Comment

Good morning, all. I realize I have been AWOL for several days. Just not feeling right for several days. Was OK for a while yesterday so Ada took me shopping. No warm robes at Kohl's except wrap ones and I really don't like them as sitting they gap and legs get cold or bend forward and ............ Well you get the picture. Also looked for a new egg skillet and no way will I pay that price when I can get the same thing at Ross for 1/4 the price. Last month I got a 10-inch Cuisinart one there for less then $10.
                    By the time we went to Jack in the box for a quick lunch, and went grocery shopping, I was too pooped to go to the one other grocery store that I planned to go to so just picked up a Pizza from Papa Murphy's for my dinner.
                    I hope I get over this tiredness before my daughter's wedding on The 30th. Planning to get started making my dress today.

Glad to see that hrhouse is back among us.

I, too, miss those that are out of sight. Hard time typing today so everyone have a great day and, for heaven's sake, try to stay dry.

Comment

Thought I was earlier today but guess not. I have been sleeping in with the cooler mornings. We have a brand new Ross store around here and I have never been inside it. Pass it all the time too! Eldest son is still in fear for his job even though he has been working so many hours. He has gone 6 weeks without a Saturday off and he works 12 hour days. Long hours. Nothing planned for today. Once Jon leaves for work I will be alone until evening. I don't even have dress if I don't want! Saw on the news about the flooding in SC. hope Barb and husband are ok.

Comment

Aloha all!

Was good to hear from HR, but not what she is going through. Hope she will be ok.

When we had our cabin in Alpine we had a full RV hook up as we parked our trailer there while the house was being built. Later we would have friends use it with their RVs. Was one of the pluses when we sold the cabin. Hope you can find a place Boffler as there is nothing like having your own bathroom while traveling in an RV.

Had more rain last night. We need it and our weather is cooler. Now in the mid 80s instead of the 90s. It was a long hot muggy summer. Still a chance of tropical storms until about November. I remember visiting my mother for Thanksgiving once and they had a hurricane blow in shortly after I got here so I guess it could last till the end of November.

No special plans for today. Have a good one all!

Comment

Sorry I am so late, but I had an appointment with the ophthalmologist this morning. He's not the one that does the eye injections hi thing that's next week. After that appointment, I went and had blood drawn for my physical at the end of the month and then we went to Walmart to get water for my friends daughter who lives in Columbia. They don't have water at this point. The three hospitals in Columbia were also without water but it may have been restored this morning and I don't know it yet. South Carolina got hit much harder than I realized. I think the distal is up to 11 now. how sad.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                          X