Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ October 4

Good Morning!

In checking the "National October Days Calendar," today I had to choose from National Taco, Golf, or Vodka Day, so I'll go with tacos, although we had them yesterday.

No news. Weather cooling down, thank goodness.

Church and home.

Have a very good day, my Friends.

good Morning.. very chilly , dark, depressing morning weather wise..... we are to get a bit of sunshine sometime today..

(whispering ,,I hate Winter).......... but inside the house all is warm and happy.. October .. the month of BABY... Hope we get called when she goes into Hospital.. want to go set in waiting room with rest of family....

David sister Bonny was moved to different hospital and was to have a heart Cath... however , they did a echocardiogram instead.... her daughter Amy did not have any more news than she was back in room.. results today or tomorrow... being Sunday , they will probably keep her there until tomorrow..

while David was "playing" on the sawmill yesterday , I did some little things.. but still did not throw away my 5 items.. but it is amazing to me how you can keep a house presentable just by doing some of these little things every day. .( or get in a darn good nap)

see you all later

Hi Justy!
    ~~~~~at Paula... another week begins tomorrow morning ,EARLY..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all

What a day of ups and downs yesterday. Got a call that my friend, Roberta, is in hospice care and not expected to make it through the weekend. She was my supervisor at the Navy Base off and on for 20 years. She's the friend that had the stroke 2 months ago. So sad. Went to visit and stayed a couple of hours with some former co-workers and reminisced.

Came home and switched on the Gator game - they CREAMED the #3 team with a fabulous win! Looks like my team is B-A-C-K!

Today - cookout this evening with friends. Will be great. And I need to get busy and make the macaroni salad.

Y'all have a good 'un.
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning. 🙋🏼

Today it's light food at home, as we will be going to dinner and the Gaslight Theater tonight.

Got my haircut yesterday. I let her do something different with it. Didn't care for it afterwards, but it'll grow out. The cut itself should be versatile, which is why I agreed to it. We will see. This morning I awoke at 4 with night sweats, and that alone rearranged my hair....great forvHalloween.
        Too dark and early for the newspaper to arrive, so I may as well go toss and turn in bed a while longer.
        Am stil bothered with swollen feet.

The temps are in the high 80's today, and will slowly be going down each day.....at least til after we get some rain which is forecasted in a few days. Hope it's worthwhile.

Oh....and it looks like E changed his mind about Halloween. He hates to disappoint the kids. He bought "Tattoo Sleeves" and matching Afro wigs for us to wear. Yesterday he gave me 2 hair-chalk pens to 'dress-up' my wig. I think he ordered me a minion tee shirt to wear, too.

Yesterday we stopped at Costco to replace our luggage. The airlines do a number on luggage, especially with zippered pockets on the outside.....missing zipper pulls.....plus the "fabric" gets scuffed. I'm always worried of what might fall out of it. The new one doesn't have the pockets, is a bit roomier.
        Stuff inside should be more intact. I separate my toiletries in plastic bags, and put those bags in a larger plastic Baggie.

So..... That's about it for me for now.
        Have a wonderful Sunday! 😄
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

JoG, if you can feel your swollen feet, you're doing better than me.

Today is Church, then home to do nothing......I hope.

Everyone have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning...I saw the sun peek out once but by the time I got my camera out it was gone behind a cloud...hope to see a little more of it today. Not much planned here today, think hubby could use a little down time from all the travels, and more to come. Haven't decided on what to fix for supper, something easy, might even be grilled cheese and tomato soup, except for the darn heartburn from tomatoes.. The pasta fajoli soup was so good yesterday...glad I had some frozen. Today is our youngest sons 31st birthday, yep, getting older..Was going to go to MI and celebrate with him, but stomach had other ideas..so sent the hubby alone..We are supposed to go to KY Natural Bridge for a family reunion this coming weekend, at least with the motorhome I have a traveling bathroom, LOL so hoping to make that trip. Its my Mom's side of the family, not many left of her siblings, only 3 out of 12, so really want to connect with them..Well guess it will be race day today, always look forward to that...Elaine if I had to chose one of those it would be tacos for me also.

Maye sorry to hear about Dave's sister...
            JoG, yes airports are not very careful with luggage. Hubby and I use to go all out at Halloween time, we don't get any trick or treaters here so no use to do anything...I miss seeing the little ones all dressed up.
            Pat so sorry to hear of yet another friend losing a battle..
            Jostoy hope you are getting some relief from your pain and numbness..
            Well time to get this day started, sun just came back out and I don't want to miss it..
            Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

We saw our first Goth wedding...or semi goth wedding. Flowers were red roses with black ribbons and the brides bouquet had some black horns coming out. No praying or mention of anything religous. Bride wore a pretty dark cream dress with heels that should have given her a nose bleed! They gave their own vows. We did not attend the reception but the grooms mother said it was going to have a Halloween vibe...interesting. After the ceremony the bride and groom walked out and down the front sidewalk holding hands, walking very fast and she was barefoot. Actually I found that cute. Sierra enjoyed the dress of some of the attendees. One girl had so many pins in her lip I wondered how she kissed her mate? You know, life is interesting and you just gotta go with the flow and live and let live and they made a commitment to each other by getting married and I wish them all the best and thank you for the lesson in life. The brides father is one of Jon's closest friends and I am so glad we went for him. He was so nervous out of his element. This morning Sierra is already off with mommy dearest to visit an aunt. I have a laundry basket from her room overflowing. Now that we are wearing more and heavier clothes there is even more laundry loads around here. Neighbors damn dogs have been barking all morning and it is very aggravating. People out here need to have the biggest and loudest dogs to feel important. Which makes me think of yet another school shooting last week. Pretty darn sad when we just shrug and say there is another one. Life means nothing to some people and yet we do nothing to make it harder for them getting a gun and going off on their merry way. The commonness of these mass shootings alone should be prompting some type of worry...it should make us sick with worry about who will be the next victims. Yes sick people kill people but the guns in the hands of those sick people are the means to kill people. Was I on my soapbox again?

Comment

Afternoon all! The sun is finally peaking in & out. All this dreariness has me dragging.

Yesterday wasn't super productive. After delivering the ordered cupcakes to the church, I stopped at a local farm market and picked up a bunch of veggies. As I was checking out the lady in front of me ask me if my name was Donna. Here it was one of my old HS classmates. She waited while I finished checking out and then we had a nice chat. Came home & took a nap. Then it was back into the kitchen to bake & make dinner.

The dreaded phone call came. Kathy is being evicted this Friday. I guess she's moving back here. As much as we hate it. Had a tough time falling asleep.

After church I delivered my last pies for this season. Had a nice chat with the couple that owns the farm stand. We both agreed we had a successful and great time. We are looking forward to next year already. I also brought a platter of cookies as samples & my Christmas cookie sheets. I've been in the kitchen making mac salad, fresh apple sauce, and baked beans. Taking some of each with me this evening. My SIL is picking me & my Mom up here and we are then heading to her Mom's to play cards this evening.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Happy Sunday afternoon everybody. It's been a long day so far, most of it has been good. We got a torrential downpour and it was very very very windy. I thought two of the trees in front of the school cafeteria where we were having adult ed were going to be blown down. It got hairy for a while, but for the most part, it was okay. We did have some flooding. Didn't affect me very much except having to walk through some of it. I took a friend to lunch at O'Charley's and it was really good. Olga and I had a really good time and the food was delicious! Olga is a high school student who picked me up to bring me to adult ed because I was helping her to set up. She is an amazing young woman. She used to be very shy and didn't say anything to anybody and now she's just vivacious and vibrant and a real pleasure to be around. God is good. I'm thinking about all the macaroni salad that's being made and wishing I had some. I love macaroni salad! Pat, I'm sorry about Roberta. Janet I hope Dave's sister recovers very quickly! {{{{{Donna}}}}} believe me, I know what you're going through and my heart aches for you. It would be so easy to say don't like Kathy stay with you, but I also know a mother's heart oftentimes overrides her head! Donald is supposed to be coming up for his sentencing hearing and as it stands now they are going to give him 27 - 30 years. Stewart has to go through a jury trial and I have no idea what's going on with his case. He has a new public defender who doesn't start until Tuesday. It just never seems to change with those two and their father! GRRRRR
                  "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Our internet is out in the "Sacramento area." Too bad I am not closer to the area to shop. I finally remembered I could undo my wi-fi on the phone and am using data to check in.
                    Becky is having to complete a history quiz using her phone and not happy about it, but
                    no other choice.
                    Thanks, Maye, for having mentioned checking in here on your phone. My voice is hoarse today from allergies and the mic wasn't getting my words correctly! Pick and tap will have to do.
                    Pat, I saw your post and sorry to hear about your friend. It always touches me how your group of friends is so supportive and goes to the bedside when dear ones are in care.
                    Maybe a taco salad for me, Elaine.
                    Jo, I have a luggage tag that says, I ❤️ baggage handlers! So far, so good! International travel
                    Really does a number on your bags! My next bag will be one of the new hard side...in a color other than black or gray!
                    My mother wants me to paint something on her black bags...
                    Hope your day goes well, everyone!

Comment

Donna, do lay down the law (rules of your home) again with Kathy. Give her a time limit to get herself a new job, and her own place.....because she is an adult and has to learn to stand on her own feet.
                      It's a pity she has such a bad track record with her jobs and apartments. If she doesn't turn that around, she will never have the respect as an adult. Tough love. She needs it.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Paula, green luggage is as good as black....shows scuffs. Red is easier to spot, but probably needs a "Paula Logo" of some kind to make it different from the others.
                        We had a choice of black or gray from Costco. We got a harder case this time, plus expansion feature.
                        I think we got the black...shoe dye should cover any marks and scuffs.

I've watched them toss and drop baggage around from the carts to the plane. Not a pretty sight. They do everything but kick it into the luggage hold area.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Aloha all!

When we traveled I used to carry a small roll of duct tape with me. Good for patches on suitcases that got dinged, etc.

Have spent the morning on the computer deleting old document files. Mostly ones Buddy had and also about his medical reports that I had put in there. Still working at it.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Duct tape! Great idea! Today it comes in a variety of colors, with or without designs....in office supply stores in particular.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                            X