Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ June 25th

Morning all

Not much new here - just about to do bank reconciliations. Oh YAY.

Otherwise, it's a normal day in the office.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Howdy!

Big day today! Going to Paris, TX to shop at Aldi's! Can't wait. I have a list a mile long.

Have a great day!

Comment

Getting ready for the rain as usual. Must do payroll today. Had a nice dinner with catfish yesterday. May just have hot dogs today. I'm tired of cooking. Need to clean instead of cook. Better scoot and get ready for the day.

Comment

Good morning....today should be a good one....today is the big safty bingo party at work...we all get a prize of some sort and those that have been there 5 years will get a 50 dollar walmart card...10 years gets 100 dollars...and so on...I will receive my 10 year service award.

This morning is physical therapy...

Unsure of what my evening will bring it depends on what type of prize I win at the party today...crossing my fingers for a new tablet.

Comment

Getting an oil change and tires rotated this morning. And it is raining. Guess that covers the excitement from here...

Comment

Good Morning to all...can't believe this weather, hard to believe it is the end of June, the temp is only 68 degrees, highs not very high, just humidity and it looks like a storm is heading our way. By weekend the low temps will dip into the 50's overnight..just plan weird weather.
            No big plans for the day, just pick up and straighten up the place..need to go through some of my file folders and start getting rid of some of the paperwork we had from when the house was built and other papers no longer needed..like booklets to things we no longer have or use..
            Elaine enjoy your shopping trip, I have never gotten into the Aldi's thing, I seem to go more for name brands, etc.
            Beth hope your wish comes true, enjoy the gathering.
            Justy love a good catfish dinner..
            Pat just another day at the office..
            To all that have been typing the same time as me and all to follow, hello and have a wonderful day one and all..
            Off to read the news and then get this day started...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was pretty, but today we are starting with clouds & I'm sure rain will follow.

Yesterday was super productive. I got Becca to help me build the other two shelves for the pantry, so then I started unloading boxes into it. I unpacked over 30 boxes yesterday btw the pantry, kitchen, and bedrooms. There is only one box left in Blaise's room from the whole bunch that I had moved into there Monday. It felt wonderful to get all that accomplished. Even had a few phone calls & chatted. It was nice chatting with Val and my friend Amy. Aunt J & I were making plans for today and that took a couple calls to my brother Ray. I have YET to get calls back from the garbage company or the school, both of which I called on Monday & left messages, and I left a message at another place yesterday & he never called me back. The seller of this house stopped by yesterday to drop off something and I told him how the people back the lane drive in & out like a bat out of hell. I ask who they were. He said he'd never met them, but they are renters and he gave me the owners name & said call him. He'd talk to them. We've almost gotten hit twice when we were getting ready to pull out of our parking spots along the shared driveway.

I was so motivated I even cooked a nice dinner. The job Corky's been on has been shut down until the materials arrive, so they found a job to transfer him to, which we are thankful for. He'll now be back to working 5-8's. Not sure if he'll still be off tomorrow or not since he already got 30 hrs in this week before the transfer. I actually hope they'll let him work the extra on Friday since we have lots of catching up to do.

Today I don't think I'll be unpacking too many boxes, but rather clean up & straighten up areas. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I unpack there is always little stuff left that needs a home and with 30 boxes of stuff, there were lots of little things that still need homes. I'll be picking up Aunt Janet later and she's going to my Mom's neighbor's Estate Sale later this afternoon. I have several items on reserve under my name (my brother went over last night & did that for me) and one of them is for Aunt J. I think it's going to be leftovers for supper.

Elaine...you've got to report back how you liked Aldi's. They are opening a second Aldi in Butler and it's going to be on this side of town, so it'll only take me maybe 10 minutes to get there. I'm so excited! Obviously it doesn't take much to excited me and I love to grocery shop. I can't wait until I get a new stove and can start baking again. I want to go by myself sometime this weekend and purchase a stove & refrigerator. I'm thinking if I don't opt for a convection oven, I may also use the $$ I save and get a new dishwasher too.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
                Yesterday it was cloudy all day. The coming rains are keeping the heat at bay, down in the low 100°'s. 😄
                Rains start this weekend. I have a couple of trees that won't wait, though.

After posting here yesterday morning, I couldn't remember if I posted the Trivia or not. I tried to check it out, but could not get back in. Some kind of really big problem, and to come back in 24 hours, the notice said. Later I got an email that Nalani posted, but I still couldn't get access. Finally I tried again in the early evening, and it opened for me. I just went ahead and posted a(nother?) trivia question. So maybe I posted 2 yesterday, I'm not sure.

Not much new here. Guess I'll make my tea and decide what to do here later.

Happy shopping, Elaine.
                Good luck on your prize, Beth!
                Such excitement, Maxie. 😄
                Let me know what you think of the article I sent you, Sharon.
                Hi Pat, Justy, and all who follow.
                Have a great day!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I have a 7:00 am boy so I have to get going. Also had to get things picked up in the yard so we can go out earlier than we usually do. I am letting the kids do water play and earlier because of the heat.
                  It will be clean up and not cook up today here, too. I have salmon in the oven this morning for me and no more turning it on for today. The kids are having chimichangas that I already made and can use the microwave to warm them.
                  Donna, I love shopping for new appliances! My new dishwasher that I got a few months ago is quieter than my Kitchen Aid was. It is a Bosch and really quiet.
                  I went to a daycare mom's yard sale yesterday and got some cute clothes for either my granddaughter or one of the girls at church. Her house really impressed me, though and now I want to declutter some areas. She lives in the same Victorian another friend rented until their house was built. I love Victorians! The floors were awesome in hers. I can't re-do mine but I thnk I will be working on some of my spaces to open them up more. So going to the sale in 110* heat was worth it! Got stuff and good ideas!
                  Have a great day and enjoy!

Comment

good morning

Better get this posted before I forget and the day gets away from me......

like Donna said ,we have the afternoon activity planned .....finally got out second car back from garage this morning ...another big bill.
                    houses and cars.. are a neve rending expense.... but I sure missed my car...
                    I did get over to daughters and helped with some party preparations... my job is always to clean the garage fridges out... the double garage underhouse is where the food table is set up. and all extra cold dishes go in those refrigerators.....so I get to make them neat since Karen does not pay much attention to them .. they are only used for extra water, soda drinks. etc. ..

lady and 2 kids lessons at 10.30.. that will take up rest of the morning ... and then I won't see them for 3 weeks. nice vacation for me..

Hi Justy,
                    Hi Paula.. new applicanes.. got new washer.. wanted a super Plain Jane one but the better one was on sale cheaper.. agggggg.. hated it. but finally got a real paper copy of instructions.. and that is helping ... still wanting a new gas cook stove.. sigh ... maybe someday. sigh.

Hi JoG. and all you earlier birds... see you later.
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maybe, I wish I had the hook up for a gas stove! I know you said the one you have now is still good, but, you could give it to someone, donate it, and get a new one that you and your family will get a lot of use out of! With Donna there I bet the get togethers will increase! (Am I helping spend your money?)

Comment

Well, here comes lazybones! I am actually out of bed finally. I must get motivated! I need to do laundry and picking-up the clutter in the living and dining rooms. I have a friend coming over tomorrow to help me finish hooking up my new printer.

I am excited about this evening. After Mass, the Franciscans are giving our pastor a "Happy Sabbatical Party" because he leaves on 1 July and returns on 16 October. He is going to Rome for some studies and then to France where he will begin the 500+ mile hike on El Camino. There is a movie based on this pilgrimage. It is called, "The Way" and stars Martin Sheen Martin Sheen's son died while hiking the El Camino. I also discovered that Shirley Maclaine supposedly made this journey also. The reception tonight will be fun and my last chance to bid him a safe and wonderful trip. It is a potluck and there will be good food also.

We had a bad thunderstorm last night. I am so thankful that we didn't have any damage

It looks like everyone is busy. I hope y'all have a great day and stay dry and cool. It is already stifling hot outside. I opened the door because I thought someone was knocking, but it was for my neighbor. They were delivering flowers. I didn't see them because I didn't want anyone to see me without my teeth - it is NOT a pretty sight! LOL
                        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good morning, all. Getting hotter by the day. 100º predicted for today. Lily doesn't like going out when it's hot nor do I.

Nothing really new. Just comiing in to ~~~~~~~

Comment

HEY, VAL.... What is the difference between "potluck" and "good food" ????? 😄
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

None. I am bringing paper products and nit food. Maybe I was feeling a bit guilty.
                              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
                              X