Tuesday ~ June 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ June 23

Greetings! Looks like it's going to hot hot hot today.

Haircut. Yay!

Darla, it would be nice if we could gather up a group to clean the church, but we don't have the people. Three of our our ladies are in their 80's, another one just broke her hip. The other 3 who come every Sunday just don't do cleaning, apparently. I've never known them to ever help in all the years we've been cleaning. There are a few other members but they come so randomly that you never know if you'll see them. I did get the bathroom/storage and the nursery room sorted out. So I did make a dent, at least.

Enough about that. It is what it is. No other news on the horizon.

Hope you each have a good Tuesday
    Last edited by ladyebug; 06-23-2015, 05:24 AM.

Morning all

No news is good news. Have a GREAT day and share a smile with someone along the way.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning to all... yes another hot & humid day, don't mind the heat but just can't breath when the humidity is so thick. Got my paper work caught up yesterday, a call into the Dr. that orders the Remicade to let them know I am still taking an antibiotic, so the infusion is on hold for now. Had something I needed to return so got that pkgd. and mailed, just lots of odds and ends stuff that took more time than I thought. Grocery store was a two hr. venture, just took my time...then lucky enough what we had for supper was already just had to get out of the freezer and defrost and heat..always make extra when I make something so I can freeze it for another meal...saves lots of time.
      Did not get any cleaning done yesterday, maybe today, must have slept wrong can hardly move my neck/turn my head to the right...Hubby had to leave early this morning, business meeting in Indy at 9:00 a.m. so hope the weather and traffic aren't bad. He will return this evening.
      Starting to ran here already, since I awoke so early I might just have to take a nap before I do anything..
      Wish I was a breakfast person, just don't like to eat in the mornings, but I know I should, just don't like the menu choices, use to be eggs but since my surgery I can't stand eggs and when I try to eat them they come back at me...
      Well time to get this day started...love hearing the 'positive' attitude Max I has been having, sure beats that dark ole closet..
      Have a wonderful day one and all, lots to be thankful for..concentrate on the positive.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! We actually made it through a day w/o rain & the sun was out the entire time...amazing! Loved it! Cloudy this morning..surprise, surprise.

Yesterday was good. Man did I get a lot of boxes shoved around, moved upstairs, and some unpacked. I got some phone calls made...newspaper starting today, garbage company never returned my call, and actually got a real person at the Health Care Market Place and got applied for a new insurance for PA. Of course we got red flagged because I can't say how much Corky is going to make. When you keep getting laid off, life isn't a neat little package. Whatever. Made a stir fry for dinner last night. It was good.

Funny thing. After I got the dinner dishes cleaned up & the dishwasher running, I FINALLY went outside to swing with Blaise...he'd been nagging me. We swung facing the road so we could see Becca driving by on her way home from Cleveland. We swung for almost 20 minutes & finally gave up. Got inside & there she was. Commented on how I thought she'd be driving by us. Apparently when we were walking down to the swings she was pulling in up above and had already drove by...we had JUST missed seeing her. As they say, timing is everything. LOL!!! Aunt Janet then popped in for a little visit. Nice!!!! She got to see that the place is starting to take shape.

Today is more of the same I think. I do want to take some time and run into town for some groceries and to pick up a couple of forms. If I can find the school application that I already completed, we may run to the school and drop that off to get him enrolled.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning dinner with my parents cousins and uncle was great...the peach cobbler stuff was pretty good too...by the time I finally got to work yesterday it was crazy hot! I think air conditioner in small parts is messed up...

Work today unsure of the evening probably bingo...

Comment

🌷 Good morning.

So yesterday was the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year! Felt like it.
            Today will go back to 108°, and drop tomorrow. Looks like rain for this weekend is still in the forecast! Yay!

Crazy thing for the Dust Devil to hit just our property yesterday. Front and back yards. I'm just glad we weren't out there when it hit.

Today is haircut day. First thing this morning. Then I'll goof off for a few hours. Me time. 😎

First, breakfast. I'm thinking tea and graham crackers today. I get a bit tired of cereal sometimes.
            And I'd better get started, I guess. ☕️

Have a great day, everyone. ☺️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning

Got one , the last student I took. Andrews. coming at 9am.... he is a gem . so intelligent and good learner... IF I can get him modivated..he will be a great pianist too. .
              so will make this a quickie and come back later.
              was soooooooo great to be able to pop in at Donna's...... cant wait until she gets cookies in the freezer!... sent me back to memory lane of us moving in here 12 years ago... so many things needed fixed..windows replaced . deck wasnt done.. front porch was rotting away.. ..but I was in 7th heaven because it was MY house.. >>>Donna , it will get all done ,,,,,eventually ,,, so don't sweat the mess ... so long as the bathroom works.. and the washing machine.,kitchen stove do too.. stop and enjoy the summer days with Becca and Blaise.. (and me)>

better go. be back in a bit
              Hi Justy, Paula and Maxie..

~~~Pat and Elaine and Bethine.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

This must be haircut day on the roundtable! Yesterday I ended up doing a lot of running around but it was nice to not be ducking raindrops. However, there is no sun shining this morning so need to check what is going on...last I heard was another hot and sunny day. Had an hours notice yesterday for the appraiser to come through. Still waiting for the electrician, plumber and brick guy to show and do their part. Such minor things to be done yet it is nerve racking to be waiting on people. AND I won't rest easy until I know the appraisal is ok. I worry at every step.....but the word is still 'positive'. And haircut...I really am looking forward to this haircut.

Comment

Good morning....thank goodness my computer seems to be working fine this morning....

Lots to do today.....trying to get house ready for my grands from Iowa arriving here on Friday....they want to be here for Marianne before she has her surgery next week.... will be good to see them and great grands .... have not been able to spend much time with baby Stella...

Right now going to go to library.....have several books to return.....strange.....was told they don't charge for overdue books to Seniors.....still doesn't seem right to me...oh well.

Gooing to leave now....have a list of thing I wants to get done today....tomorrow will be shopping with Monica and Hannah....so it won't be a productive day in my house...although Hannah can help dusting she does like to do that. She and her Dad will be here for dinner.

Off I go....will try to get back later on....hope all rounders have a great day..

Comment

WOW! I actually am dressed and have done dishes and had the maintenance man come in and clean the A/C and put in a new filter! And it isn't even Noon yet! There IS a God! LOL

I was able to go to the parish office yesterday and help count. I can still see well enough to do that, but it is getting tougher. I was thrilled that the only error I made was to mistake a 1 for a 7.

I am not a great fan of chocolate, but I wanted to add a smile - as Pat B suggested!

It is so neat that Donna and Janet can visit so easily now!

Elaine - you are amazing! Thank you for the hard work you do for your church. I so miss working at my church!

It is hot and muggy as heck out there today/ Day before yesterday, my friend's car thermometer said it was 108 degrees. It was only 101 yesterday and today we are having a cold front move in. It's supposed to be only 98!!!!

Have a great day everyone. I hope to get back later. (Is that a promise or a threat? )
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Aloha all!

Off to get organized with a new doctor this morning for me and for Bim this afternoon. Will be glad to get that taken care of.

Yesterday tried to get new plates for the car but first need the safety sticker. Went there and one needs an appointment so did that for Thursday. They better not find much wrong with the car as I had it really gone over in Arizona and new tires. Might not like the battery though as in Arizona they said it was getting low. We'll see.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Yikes! Just when I was feeling so good about all I was getting done this morning, I thought: can't wait to tell the RTbi even made cookies! Then Immediately thought: I didn't check in this morning...
                        It is still morning, right?
                        Jumped out of bed to start watering before yard guys got here, then mixed up cookie dough. A huge recipe of oatmeal chocolate chip. Uses 3 cups of flour and 4 cups of oatmeal.
                        All done now and ready to send home with kids. When the temps start to rise I usually stay out of the oven! But it worked out ok

Comment

Boffler, any food you can eat and keep down is good. If you can start the day with some protein, that would be good.
                          I know your issues can be tough, but hope you are able to find something yummy to start your day.

Comment

The day is almost over but I made it here. Partly sunny today. Sure beats rainy all day. Seen Grandson mowing and weed eatering today. This is his first year doing our lawns. Rain sure has kept him busy.

Comment

See,, I came back to see if all my "kids" checked in .... and no one needs nagged today.... except those "missing kids"... and the word missing means we MISS YOU

Hey Justy, that s all I need to keep me happy.. and your grandson picked a perfect year to do lawn mowing .... lots of green grass.... I love it.
                              Keeps the old gentleman that lives here ,busy... ..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X