Thursday 6-18-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 6-18-2015

Good morning rounders...been up since 2 am.....as usual sitting with Snoopy on my lap......watching some taped shows..... Just put a pot of oatmeal on for my breakfast when I am ready....bought a new Cashew milk only 25 calories a cup... waiting til about 6 am to try it..... We have been using the Almond milk and still have some in refrigerator.... will see if this is as good or maybe even better.

Marianne has some testing to be done today......she has an appointment to see my cardiologist making sure about her heart condition before she has any treatments for her cancer. She will be going to Put-in-Bay with work friends this afternoon .....it is the Pirate Weekend .... she will be back home on Sunday evening. Of course....Marianne has a pirate costume to wear. one extra she will let one of her friends use.
    Really do not like when she goes out of town....but manage fine.... Will spend some time with son Matthew and wife Shirley. Monica is at a Piano Camp with Hannah....her Dad will be joining them on Friday..
    It is an annual event.

Getting back to my sewing machine .....found more dress slacks to be altered along with a couple of tops I like and will alter as well.

Hope all rounders wake up to a good day.......

Morning Schmitty! Morning all!

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday. After much self-examination over the past few days, I have come to realize that I am doing the best I can raising Erin. Sure, she will have some issues from all the things Turd put me through, but she assures me that her angst is NOT my fault.

We are off to an annual camp-out/pig roast this Saturday with a group of friends I have known 30+ years. It will be a rollicking good time. I'm sure we will be worn out when we get back on Sunday afternoon.

In the meantime, I have statements to do at work and get in the mail, so I'd best get busy. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...work yesterday was ok I guess...had another bit of a run in with that same supervisor. There is another client that has been gone on vacation and I had been asked to do one of her jobs every day while is away....well yesterday I was talking and just had not gotten around to doing it yet...usually I am asked...well yesterday another girl asked to do it of course I stood up and got upset because it has been my job...well I won't be doing it today either the supervisor didn't like my aditude....I just have a few short weeks to deal with this lady! I can do this...

I have Physical Therapy this morning....hoping there is work to do at work this afternoon.

This evening I am going to my parents for a bit and doing some laundry when I get back from my parents or before I go. I need to talk to my mom and find out if I need to make a dessert for this weekend and I know that I need to make one for Monday evening...

Comment

Good Morning

been awake since 4..thanks to bathroom call and a pretty kitty kat... but will catch a snooze later in day...

lady and kids this morning ... I'm just about ready to give up on them... its hard teaching someone who does not do the work at home and a Mom who "knows". more than teacher.. kids learning an i nstrument ,especially piano, is a 50-50 operation... 50 from the child working, 50 from parents who make it a priority. but from this little gal, I get 20,or less, for working and maybe 10 from Mom making it as important as a soccer game. if she had any natural ability .we could make it work .but she don't.. sigh... I do like her as a person..

Pat. Glad you got the message that we know you have done your best ... but it ain't over yet..... but just remember when Erin goes into a rant at you... she still does know you were/are there for her...don't cave in .... she will get older!.. and pray you get her the help she will need to cope with these years.

Hi Paula, Justy and all you sleepyheads.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Mickie, so good to hear from you. Has Marianne had to have surgery?

beth, hope things smooth out at work.

Pat, glad you have a weekend getaway to remove you from worry.

Not much to talk about here. Bill is dumping rain in waves on us. Sunny then stormy. Sunny then stormy. No big winds. Thank goodness.

Well, B12 shot today and a bit of shopping.

Have a good day!

Comment

Good Morning! It's raining AGAIN. It stopped for awhile yesterday but it was SUPPOSE to be a sunny warm day...right!...it rained off & on, was cool, and the sun didn't appear for a bit until late afternoon. I'd say the weather guys got it majorly wrong.

This place looks like a bomb hit it. One of the things I HATE about moving. It took until mid-afternoon to FINALLY find my medicine bottles. Thank goodness!!! What a relief. The telephone guys came early afternoon and got my phone/internet/tv installed. Nice! During one of the dry spells, Blaise wanted to go out & swing, so we did for a bit. I got brave & tried out the push mower we bought from the seller. It's self propelled...nice! got a portion of the yard mowed until I ran out of gas. I then ran out of "gas" and sent Becca to Subway for dinner. Since when don't they have $5 subs? Won't be going there again anytime soon. Obviously I haven't gone there a long time or I would have known they are expensive now. I had leftovers in the refrig for Corky.

Was feeling good UNTIL I got a call from Kathy. Her supposed roommate backed out of the deal, so now she's left to pay for the entire apt by herself. She needs a second job. After her call I was headed into the living room & flipped a light switch & it turned off the TV. OK...just flip it back on. NOT OK!!! It monkeyed up everything on the TV. We couldn't get "the box" to come back to life. Called technical support eventually and that guy didn't know what he was doing. Sending out someone today. Hopefully we aren't charged since we hadn't even used it 8 hrs. Then I thought we'd watch Netflix, but that also failed. We went to bed early. My stomach was flipping by that point. I wished Kathy hadn't called.

This morning Becca went to work. She is scheduled an 8 hr shift, so it's just Blaise & me. My plan is to get this kitchen cleaned up and then empty one box at a time. Maybe I'll feel a tiny bit in control. Once the TV repair guys come & get us back in service, then Blaise & I are heading to the grocery store. I plan to cook some sort of dinner tonight. Eating out is expensive. I know I want to make asparagus pasta & I need the pasta. I found out they are building an Aldi's closer to me, which thrills me to no end.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I love love love Aldi's Its where I do the biggest part of my grocery shopping! When I move there will not be one close to me but I will have a save a lot with in walking distance...will just have to get used to it.

Comment

Good morning, everyone. 😃

I was awake since 4 a.m. *yawnn*
                Yesterday was a good day, although a hot one. Hotter today ☀️, we'll hit 110° today or tomorrow.
                I need to get outside early today and straighten out the garden. Couldn't find the ribbon I really wanted, but got a roll of sequined ribbon. Might work. Will also throw some freeze-dried onion and garlic in the plot, to discourage the 2-dozen birds that take refuge from the heat there. They've destroyed my lettuce and are now nuzzling the carrots to death. Why don't they perch in the neighborhood trees?

Today I NEED to hit the cleaning chore. I can't seem to keep up. Most is from the 'big kid' here. And I need E to remove himself while I'm doing that! My clutter is in one corner, my "nest" as his mom would say .... I need to get my craft room emptied and make a "Woman's Cave" for myself, like Maye has done.

Schmitty, I'm glad to see you posting today. Let me know what you think of the Cashew milk. I have tried the soy and don't like it. I like the Almond Vanilla Light. Plain Almond or Almond Vanilla, not so much. E shuns any of it, but I use it in cooking where milk is called for. Not so bad in cooking, and he doesn't realize it.

Pat, keep your line of communication with Erin open, and you're doing good. Hugs regularly each day is good for you both. And don't hesitate to say "I love you" to her, at least once a day. She is discovering who she is, growing up, and she needs to feel she's doing okay. I've tried to let my kids know the whys and wherefores of the right-and-wrong of things. I get such a good feeling when I hear them explain in even more detail and patience to their kids. And the grandkids are/have turned out pretty great.
                And I do think you're a great mom 😇, and don't forget to take a long, deep breath as changes occur. Changes are the one big constant thing in life.

Beth, a long, deep breath might help you avoid stress with co-workers. In life there might always be someone who opposes you. Just keep smiling, and be nice.....it'll drive them nuts! They needn't ever know your true thoughts if you handle things calmly.
                At least, that's how I've always handled rivals in high school, and in work places. Calmly and with a smile, they had no "ammunition" to strike at me without making themselves look bad. Good luck. ☺️

Surely someone else - or two - have posted while I've been typing.
                I need to get dressed and clean up the bird damage - I kinda feel sorry for the critters, but they are running interference with my garden, and it's bad!

To all, have a beautiful day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good heavens, I've written a book again!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, had a long post typed out then something weird happened and I lost it. So will not repeat it, not feeling up to par.
                    I have decided that if tomorrow I am still running a temp that I will call the Dr. Oral antibiotics never seem to work. Feeling really sick to my stomach also..so more R & R for me today.
                    Have a great day one and all.
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, all. Sorry for being absent so often but I'm still having a lot of health problems and don't see the Doc for 3 weeks. It's up to 85º at 10:00. OI signed up to bring cookies for the pot luck but not sure if I will feel up to baking or going.
                      It's a very good recipe for cranberry-white chip cookies that I found on the back of a dried cranberry bag. It's very good but I don't make it often unless I have someone around to help eat them or I would devour them myself. Ergo; make them for A potluck.

Can't type very well today so will just ~~~~~~~

Comment

I forgot I hadn't been here yet!
                        It is a good day, the air is on and the ceiling fan, too.
                        Barb, the cookies sound good. I have been wanting to make oatmeal with macadamias and white chocolate chips. Cranberries just sound even better! If I could buy a can of macadamias and not eat them all I could make cookies!
                        I went swimming this morning and that really messed up my schedule. I will be here earlier tomorrow.
                        Hope your day is going the way you planned!

Comment

Puny feeling today but I finally made it. We're having another thunderstorm at the moment. Beginning to be the norm lately! Made a 3 berry cobbler today. Of course the guys would work through dinner today. Oh well, have tomorrows lunch fixed. LOL I won't even complain about them working through dinner as they have their hands full trying to keep us old folks cool and the businesses.

Comment

Aloha all!

Donna, that's what I hate about moving--all the snags one runs into for things that should work fine. But you'll get there as you know.

Pat, glad you are having a good weekend.

Was out and about this morning. Got the car washed, went to the bank and the drug store. This afternoon hope to do not much.

Have a good rest of the day all or evening for some of you.

Comment

well , most everybody made it in today...still a few missing..... and hey,, YOU ARE MISSED!.. must be the wet weather.. everyone sounds like they don't feel quite right .. from honestly sick like Boff, to just puny like Justy... ... I 'm with Justy... knees and ankles don't like this wet and then humid weather.. nor does my disposition!... ha...
                              see you all in the morning ... get a good nights sleep one and all!.
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X