• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday . 16th

good morning...

fill up the column everyone...

be back in a few min..

had to stick this ..since no one else has posted yet... dont want a double Tuesday..

going to have two early lessons and then head to Sears.. and maybe get lunch out... yummm..
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 06-16-2015, 06:46 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning...Physical Therapy and work today...bingo this evening

Comment

Good Morning, and a soggy one it is out there, lots of flooding going on around these parts. I have a Drs. appt. at 9:20 a.m., good thing because I started running a temp again last night and still am this morning...I finished all meds on Sat., looks like more antibiotics, diarrhea, and heartburn will be with me for awhile...grrrrrr...this pneumonia really stinks...I have no immune system to fight it off and getting to a bad spot in my life with the Crohn's and Remicade.
      Cat was also up early this morning, all he wants is for me to get out of bed and go to the livingroom so he isn't alone I guess, I think he gets way to emotional when I am not around, LOL...while we were camping I think it was him that got sick 3 different places in the house, and also yesterday morning..
      I sure dread going out in the rain, but I must, these appts. take a good part of my day, then I will come home, get into something comfortable, cover up, drink plenty of liquids and find a good movie to watch..
      Take care one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! I was waiting for someone to start this. Was shopping online for an Ark. Rain & more rain. I know you folks in the West don't want to hear that, but after awhile enough is enough. We were blessed though & didn't have to move anything in or out of the trucks in rain.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I had hoped, but I got the really important calls made & stuff done. Took Blaise to the library for a while just for something to do & to get him out of the house. He played on their computer for a while and came away happy. I sat & chatted with another Mom while her daughter was getting tutored. We then stopped at Friedman's to get a couple things for dinner & saw Becca....her first day of work there. I made a nice dinner for us all and for Corky since he wouldn't eat what the rest of us eat. He has leftovers for the next couple of days now. He went over to the realtor's once he got home & signed some paperwork giving me permission to sign everything today. Us ladies played cards all evening. Nice way to spend the evenings rather than watching TV.

Today is the big day. Closing isn't until 4pm though, so I've got time to make some more phone calls. Will go this morning & get the certified check. We'll probably go to the house to just acknowledge that it's OURS, but I don't know if we'll start emptying boxes yet. It'll be too late in the day to get much accomplished, but maybe I'll unpack a box or two in the kitchen just to say I did something. We'll be staying the night at my Mom's again.

Justy...I'm so sorry for your family's loss & sadness.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Janet! Hi beth!

Sharon, I was so hoping this bout was behind you. Hope new medicine gets you back on track. (((((((Sharon)))))))

Soggy here, as well. We've had 2 days of rain. It only lasts about 30 minutes but gives us an inch each day. Always happy when our ground gets a good soaking.

Well, we've had a dairy barn in the corner of our property for the past 100 or more years. Of course, it was well past it's days when I landed here, but it has slowly been deteriorating.
          We've used it for all kinds of things over the years. Had my kilns in there at one time. Stored everything unusable under the sun, including a couple of pianos.
          Our nephew came with the proper equipment, carried off everything, torn down the facade, dug up and and buried the concrete floor, and now all that is left is a lovely round plot of dirt that will soon cover with grass. Amazing!

Well, don't have a clue what will happen today.

Have a good one!

Comment

Good morning.
            Hi everybody!!!

I'm still tired this morning. The a/c here was making loud grinding-like sounds during the night.
            Well, this morning we will pack up and be leaving for Home Sweet Home. It has been a really nice weekend away
            for me. Very thoughtful of E to do this for me.
            More later...

You guys in the Eastern states getting rain, enjoy it!
            Sharon, I'm sorry, you're having to deal with all that.
            Have a great day, everyone!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I am outside and for now (!) the keyboard is not covering my typing field! Yay! So any mistakes I have to take full blame.
              6:18 and 70*. It just feels perfect.
              I am watering even though today is lawn mowing day. We have had hot winds and it is drying out everything, even with my two day a week watering.
              Donna, I wish we all could show up and help unpack. Sharon, I wish I could come drive you to your appointments. I will be thinking of you.
              Maye, I have a new book, The Beach Quilt, but my daughter started reading it first. She really likes it. We are both taking a break from our regular list of mystery and intrigue genre.
              I took dinner to my friend. And decided no more desserts for at least a week. I gave her the last large piece of the blueberry bars. I will post the recipe later. So good.
              Too good! And it doesn't take more than a bite or two to get me back into my dessert first state of mind
              I better get started on my work day. I would love to sit out here and visit longer, but, duty calls!
              Have a good day and hope it gets better, and your work gets done!

Comment

Yesterday was busy with phone calls and catch up chores. Went to bed early and slept in....vacations are hard on the system! Have already been out for my annual blood work this morning and now sitting down for my first cup of coffee. I think the Cardinals play this afternoon so I have an excuse to do nothing and that is what it looks like today is shaping up to be...a do nothing day. Been raining here too and lots more to come. I think they said Saturday will be rain free then more Sunday. Mother Nature had the cold and snowy down for winter but she is forgetting to give us the hot and sunny for summer!

Comment

Aloha all!

Sharon, sure hope you feel better soon. Bing under the weather all the time sure gets old.

Everyone sounds busy with all sorts of plans today. My plans will be some phone calls about seeing Bim in some sort of program to keep him occupied. There is this place I want to call to see if they might have something he can do there or learn to do something.. In the mean time he is exploring the island. I did interview for a job yesterday at ihop as a dishwasher, but it turned out to be one of those places that say "We'll call you if something comes along.". Might make an appointment to get my hair cut and that should be easy as the beauty shop is right down the hall way on my floor.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Another gloomy day. Rain forecast but hasn't arrived yet. Daughter-in-Law is back from Arkansas. She went down to help out with the arrangements. DIL had just gotten home from surgery in St. Louis 3 days before the accident. Now I hope she can stay put and recuperate. At least she had her 15 year old that has his driving permit and drove all the way down.
                    Have a good day all.

Comment

evening has come .... we did get to Sears ... and I ask for a written manual for my new washer. a very nice young man,, said I will go print it off our computer... all 40 pages of it... zip... so now I will try to make sense of all the knobs and settings.... also.. had a phone call from a "Sears" representitive offering me a protection policy on said washer.. wanted me to do it online. using Sears credit card... I said, no want written copy... printed it off and showed it to nice young man.. who got his boss. and he said it was a legitimate offer.. but he could up the offer from 2 year to 3 or 5 years at a reasonable increase .. come home to think it over. and think we will go back later in week and take the warranty offer. One trip out from store to fix something would pay for the whole warranty... .. did not lunch out... came home and "rested".. and read, gamed.. etc etc..

wrote down name of book Paula. will look up ...
                      Justy, sad week for your family ..
                      Sharon... take care.
                      JoG ..that man still spoiling you?.
                      Hi Elaine and
                      hi to all who showed up today...
                      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Maye 😄, oh, yes he is. Keeps trying to tell me it's still my "birthday weekend". Actually, we both are worn out today, simply because neither of us got much sleep last night, due to the A/C being so noisy. We decided to not stay there again, because service & food have gone downhill, really bad. Sad. We did find some nice places across town there, on the last day, in case we'd like to go back. But we probably will find another place, another town.
                        One nice thing holds true, is that the businesses still hire the retired, very old folks. At Denny's there was a little old lady, who bussed tables, not allowed to serve because she had trouble holding things. She had to wear a funny costume while working, it was ridiculous, but she was a real dear. She made our day. So Ellis surprised her by handing her a really nice tip. That was a first for her, and it made her day and her face light up.

For what it's worth, I probably won't post til later tomorrow. We just got a reminder call with our PCP tomorrow, early morning. Lab work for me, I'm not sure. Then a call from my eye doctor in early afternoon to let me know that my new glasses are in. So we probably will have lunch out, between clinic visits. Trivia post may be delayed, but I'll try to get it in early. So don't panic if I'm not here early tomorrow.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                        X