Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ June 15

Hellllooooooo !!

Nearly 6a here in TX and time to rock and roll. Been spending time catching up with social media this morning.

Have you ever heard of the Underground Railroad Rescue Kitty Network? If you haven't you need to learn about it. Their volunteer rescue group gets kitties transported across the US.
    We have 3 kitties from our local shelter riding those rails today. Any and everything that can get a shelter pet to a home is a more-than-worthwhile cause in my opinion.

And on that note, our largest local city (50 miles from us) had a heartbreaking thing happen last week. One of their local vets suffered a fire that took down the building as well as the 38 animals in temporary residence.
    The local newspaper is running photos of the animals and stories from their owners. If you are an animal lover, and most of of us here are, this is hard to read about.

Hope you all are in for a good day. I've had my crying out this morning and am now ready to do something worthwhile.

Hugs to All of You.

Ladyebug that is so sad to hear about the vet clinic....am glad for the 3 kitties getting a new chance at life...

When I move I may get a kitty or a dog....more likely a dog if anything....so that I am not alone in the house and hopefully the dog would alert me to people in the house.

Today work...we are starting the day with a pa job I hope it last all day....its about the easiest job we ever get.

Not sure about evening plans yet.

Comment

good Morning

just setting ,very lazy like , in chair , reading, and thinking of the day ahead... a short trip to store, and library.. two books due tomorrow..

still smiling about our Reveal Party yesterday ... Granddaughter -in law's. mother had lots of relatives to her house to reveal what our coming great ,Grand child is... and its a BOY.. smiles everywhere .... My husband was the son of the first born son... our Son Mark was our firstborn, his son ,Ian, was their first born baby , and now Ian's firstborn is a Son... and he is the first Greatgrandchild for David and I... Ian's nickname to me is Number One. 4 more months to go..

so sad about the vet. fire.. if these were boarded animals. twice the sorrow..

Beth, hope you have a great day at work...I suggest you get a kitty.. instead of a dog... kitty's. do not have to be walked for exercise.. do not get lonesome in the daytime.. they like to sleep just a like a playtime in the evenings.. .. don't need bathed. just brushed.. just need the litter box kept cleaned. simple task.. and their food does not cost as much. they do climb the curtains ,( at first.) but they don't chew up your slippers, shoes. or table legs. get good secure locks. on doors and windows. and get a kitty.. ( does it sound like I"M a real Cat lover??,, yes I am)..

HI Justy,
      Hi Paula
      And ~~~~at you all
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning all

Oh my goodness, Elaine - that is truly horrible about the vet clinic. Poor animals!

It's Monday and I'm at my desk sipping coffee and waiting for the madness to begin. Got all the banking and book work completed.

Just a few checks to write and have signed. Otherwise it should be a quiet day here.

Made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce for supper tonight while cooking supper last night. So I don't have to rush around and cook after work today.

Erin has an appt. with the psychiatrist this afternoon. Hoping they put her on the *right* med this time.

Off to open the office and have more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

A quick GOOD MORNING!!!! It POURED yesterday off & on.

After church yesterday & once my brother Ray got home from church, we all went for Chinese to celebrate Corky's birthday which was on Saturday. Afterwards we went & checked out some stoves at Sears. Came home & napped. Spent the evening playing cards with Mom & Becca....fun! It was so strange not loading up & heading back to PA.

Had a semi expensive thing happen....2 of our cars' registrations expired on Corky's BD. We are not ready to register the cars here in PA due to several reasons, so I had to register them again in OH & pay all their fees & will have to turn around and do the same here in the next month or so. GRRRRR! Always something. Thank goodness I could do it online though the stickers won't arrive for almost a month. Always something! But that was the most stressful thing that happened to me yesterday. NICE!!!!

Kathy did come in Saturday afternoon with her guy friend. They visited with us for about 30 minutes before heading out for the rest of the day. Found them sleeping on the chairs in the livingroom yesterday morning. She didn't get up to say goodbye to us. Did snuggle with Blaise for a few minutes. They didn't want to go out to lunch with us because they wanted to be on the road by 1pm...whatever. Guess she won't miss us much. It'll hit her later this week, but it'll be too late by then. Friends & boys ALWAYS come before family.

Today I'll spend the day making lots of phone calls. Closing is suppose to be on the house at 4pm tomorrow. Later than we all wanted, so I guess we'll be staying here tomorrow night again since there is no way I can get things organized enough by the time Corky gets home at 6:30pm. I'll barely be getting to the house myself after closing. I'll probably go over though & start messing around.

BIG NEWS...Becca FINALLY got a job & she starts this morning. She's so glad to FINALLY get a job. Funny how she wants to work so bad & Kathy would like to avoid it if she could.

Time to get busy....have a good one all!

Sad about the vet's office. Bethina...I didn't think you were going to move into the house. I thought you parents nixed that idea. What's happening?

Comment

Good Morning one and all..
            sun is shining for now, but more rain is forecasted.
            Elaine that just sickens my stomach reading about the fire at that vet clinic, and so sorry for the owners of those pets...we just never know...
            Maye agree with you on a cat instead of dog, you have to be a responsible adult and both cost money for vet bills. Beth just have alarms on doors and windows
            Donna, its always something, not everything can ever just go smoothly...Donna, honestly in some people I think they lack some sort of gene of emotion when it comes to stuff like Kathy does, have a father in law just like her, family means nothing to him and it hurts his children and grandkids something awful.
            Why do cats think you have to be up when they are, had both of mine in my bedroom at 5:30 a.m. wanting me up and being very pesky about it...when we got home from camping yesterday one or both of them had gotten sick three different places in the house, that is the second time they have done that, told hubby they get emotionally upset when we are gone..(or at least me)
            Need to make a trip to the store today, will check the weather radar first to see when to expect the rain. Maybe do a bit of housekeeping also.
            Also congratulations to Becca on landing a job.
            Pat, hope they get the right meds also for Erin, didn't know they had put her on any that were not working.
            Donna, happy that you will close and soon be making your house into your home..
            Have a beautiful day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Cookie they changed their minds again. I think that mom was talking out of frustration when she told me I wasn't going to get to move into the house....They changed their minds and I am all for that...I am very ready for something different very ready to live in a different place...very ready for a different place to work...I think that mom is seeing that. Mom is calling the department of rehab people in MO today to get that ball rolling....she hopes to have me moved by the end of August.

Comment

Sad morning. Daughter-in-laws cousin was in a terrible motorcycle accident over the weekend. They are waiting for the boyfriend to get released from the hospital he was taken, then over to the trauma hospital to see her one last time before the plug is pulled as she is brain dead. She looked forward to that trip so much. She worked as a nurse here. At least all her kids are grown.

Big rain overnight. Windows are so fogged over that can hardly see out. 91% humidity.

Back to my cooking...............

Comment

Oh, thanks for the information, Bethina. New adventures for you! When you are ready, go to the local shelter, or look online beforehand, and check out the cats. And lots of times the vet will have a note of cats or kittens available.
                  Elaine, what a sad thing. I am sure there are a lot of heavy hearts because of the fire.
                  There is a group from CA that is called Wings of REscue, that takes animals from high kill shelters to other shelters to find families. Usually, they are flown to WA or Idaho...
                  Maye, congratulations on that new baby! Can't wait for the birth announcement! Sounds like it was a happy get together. Donna will now be able to be a part of all the family parties.
                  happy for all of you.
                  have changed my mind on the food to take to my friend who is having chemo. After reading Pat's post about spaghetti, I decided that is what I am taking to her and making for us.
                  I am off to get the yard cleaned up and ready for the daycare day.
                  Take care and have a good day!

Comment

Good morning....and a quick hello.
                    Had some major WiFi problem this morning. Couldn't get online at all. Have many birthday emails to get through today. E is still spoiling me, and I'm not lifting a finger to do much of anything. 😄

More later, and will comment on goings on here....
                    Hope you a great day.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Justy, that is terrible news for you family. I am so sorry.

Elaine, that also is a horrible thing to happen to that Vet and the animals.

Can see again this morning so will do all the things I couldn't do yesterday. I think it's going to be a nice day too.

Congratulations on your news, Maye and Donna you are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this move, but as you are finding there always seems to be snag here and there. I had to re register my car in Arizona before I came here as the same sort of thing came up, but at least I don't have to hurry here to get new plates. That's the way the ball bounces I guess.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Elaine, did they say what caused that fire? What a sad outcome for so many animals.
                        Beth, I do agree with Maye. Kittens are much easier than dogs to care for. You have to scoop the litter regularly, or they'll mess a bit on the floor to remind you. But they're fun and loving creatures.
                        Cookie, oh the joys of moving!
                        Justy, I hear so many similar stories about motorcycles. Our son-in-law totaled 2 cycles in 6 months on the highway. A cop vouched that some cars purposely aim for cyclists. The other biggie is oil slick that drips on the highway.
                        Hi Paula & Nalani.

I'm tired, and still have a small birthday cake to share with E. I'ill be glad to go home tomorrow morning. Guess I'll tell you about the trip tomorrow.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I thought I posted this awhile ago:
                          Jo, did we miss your birthday? Whose cake are you sharing?

Comment

Paula, my birthday was yesterday, but E decided we should celebrate it with a long weekend.
                            We picked up an "individual" cake, a perfect size for just the 2 of us, at the local grocery store yesterday - that is what we share. 😄.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                            X