Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGIF ~ June 12th

Morning all and TGIF!

It's my day off - mowed the front yard after work yesterday, so I can check that off my list of chores to complete today.

Have chicken marinating and will grill it for supper. Also some fresh corn on the cob. Must scrounge in the fridge to see what else I can fix.

Erin will be spending the day with me and we will watch movies on Netflix and just hang out together.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning.

Hi Pat! Supper sounds delish. I have not grilled chicken in 3 forevers.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I need to get outside and water some flower beds. It's getting hot here and all that rain we had is a forgotten dream.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a super day. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Comment

Good Morning

Hello to Pat and Elaine,, I COULD have been here.much earlier, . but was setting like a lump on my recliner with coffee in hand...in fact I could set on the deck this morning in my nightclothes.!... wonderful... every day from now to June 21 is a Plus day.... more light. more warmth.. ..

Today is Donna moving day... ahhh,,, sigh of relief... hope all goes well for them today.. to answer you from yesterday Boff.... I will be glad to have Donna
      back in Pa.. altho she made herself at home everywhere they have lived.. met some wonderful people... and many people will have been blessed by her presence. but I want her to be here in Pa.. near family, for she is really family-oriented person.. and as the only daughter, my sister may one day soon need some bits of help only a daughter can give.. and living near me... I can pop over and get a cookie when she is baking ..

Paula,,, sewing is my game, like Donna makes cookies. I hem things.. ... I do have 8 skirts completely done . only the two dark greens ones to do.
      ..... had to call the owner last evening .. mostly when hemming you measure up from the bottom and hem an equal amount just like they came from the store.. but these two greens ones. both have a big dip in the back... a difference of almost 2" from the front.. .so I called the lady.. and ask if there was a reason.. ( some ladies bum take up that "dip".)... she said no.. just hem it even .. so I will adjust them and get done with them this morning ...

And what would you ladies think would be a fair price to ask for doing these 10 skirts?.. mostly I just let them pay me whatever they feel like.. the time I spent would have been my reading time.. have any of you ever had someone sew for you?.

today I may go to Karens and be her assistance flower planter... I can fetch and carry for her.. we went to a greenhouse.. such a old ricketty place with the most beautiful assortment of flower , hanging basket.. and still has a huge variety .. she bought what she needs to make her yard a beauty spot for the big 4th July,/Hannahs graduation party.. ..the man delivered them later in the evening .

So I better tidy up my house and get ready to go...
      see you all later.

Hi Justy... hope your feeling good this morning
      Hi Paula. and all you
      Aloha Nalani..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Sun shining brightly but rain in the forecast. We need the rain. Can't believe that the ground has gotten so dry after all the rain we had earlier.

My tomato plants are thriving but my few cucumbers are about to croak. I think the guys have neglected to water them. Oh well, Sam's have nice ones. LOL

Comment

Good morning...returning to my old work area this morning....am a bit nervous about dealing with the difficult supervisor...I already have my mama praying and I have my rubber band on that helps me keep my mouth shut...have found that popping myself with that helps!!!! Going in on a trial basis.

After work this evening I have laundry to do.

Comment

Good Morning to all!
            Pat enjoy your Mother/daughter day, before you know it Spending a day with Mom is no longer cool. 😉
            Finally the pool is installed a filled, still need to put the ladder in and at some point extend a deck out to it. Always something to build or do, and still lots of landscaping to get done also, all in good time.
            Prayers for a safe move for Donna today and that things will go smoothly for them. Mate would love to visit PA sometime. Also enjoy my deck in the mornings and yes in my night clothes, LOL wonderful!
            Elaine hard to believe you would have to water anything after all that rain.
            Nalani, glad you are settled in, shoot I still don't have all my things hung up on the walls yet. How is Bim liking Maui?
            Justly I don't remember you from Robinson but I was a good friend of Gubes when I lived there, he and Ann. Sure miss him.
            The weekend is here, today they speak of some bad storms but Sat. Is supposed to be nice all day, might just take the motorhome for an overnight trip somewhere, at least there is two bathrooms in it, will need that. Time to get moving, eat a small something and take my meds. Pulmonary Dr. Said yesterday my lung is still infiltrated so go back in two weeks for another X-ray and to keep track of my temp.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
              I still need to pack and shower. Today we are going to a favorite retreat for the weekend. Can't believe I'm not packed yet...I usually am ready the day before.
              Got a long letter (email) from DD in WA. I was worried. Seems she developed bursitis and has been seriously hurting.
              She's also burdened by her job; AT&T really is demanding, and she's stuck with the work of 3 people since they downsized their offices.
              Well, can't dawdle this morning. Guess I'll hit the shower first.
              Hoping you all have a perfect day today. 😃
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Warm morning! 6:00am it was 78*F outside. The a/c will be kicking on pretty soon.
                Maye, we always had to have Gary's pants hemmed and the lady who did it at our dry cleaners charged 5.00 a pair...
                My mother is going with a couple of her cousins to another cousin's funeral today. It will be in a small town on the coast, about 3 hours away. A beautiful, although winding, road with the ocean at the end of it. She will beat the heat today. We had one day reprieve from the 100+ temps and now we are right back up there.
                I had two kids in the big pool yesterday and the little ones using the sprinkler. The pool is not chilly at all after the high temps we have had, but the sprinkler gets chilly pretty quickly. When I turned it off, they had chattering teeth, but were all wailing that I turned off the water! I will be looking for a kiddie pool tomorrow.
                Monday I am signed up to take a meal to an older lady at church who is going through chemo. I was thinking of one of our favorite meals, meatballs done in barbecue sauce and grape jelly over rice, but decided I better make whatever I do from scratch, not the frozen with tons of preservatives in them kind. So, it will be a cooking Saturday for me. I figured I could make enough for us, too, and have an extra meal for Tova to use later...
                Becky will be making the jam this weekend, too.
                I need to buy jars, thought. Unheard of for us! but I guess I have given away enough jam and didn't get the jars back...so Wal Mart is on my do to list tonight.
                The garden center you went to sounds wonderful, Maye. And they delivered!!! Hope you post those pictures! Hannah looked beautiful in those pictures with you and your husband.
                I could chat more, but I better go start the day. Enjoy your Friday and stay well, or get better!

Comment

Good morning all!

Boffler, Bim is doing ok. He take the bus (got himself a monthly bus pass) and goes somewhere every day. He loves the Ocean Center watching all the fish, etc. But he does need to find something to do and earn himself a bit of money. He had an investment plan from all his years of work in Arizona and now he is drawing a monthly stipend from it but he just needs to find something constructive to do. he is getting to know more and more people here.

I am hoping today to get a few more things arranged here in the apartment today. Still haven't connected my DVD or hung my shower curtain (using the ugly one they furnished here). I'll get to it eventually.

Hope Donna has a safe trip on the move. Don't envy her at all but it'll soon be over for her and her stuff put in the proper places.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                  X