Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday June 8th, 2015

Woke up around midnight.

Marianne and I took Markus back home to Columbus yesterday. Visited with grandaughter Angela til around 3:30 .when we left to drive back home. Was fun to see little Niko too.both boys are sweet.

Monica, Dave and Hannah should be back home tomorow from visit to the Grand Canyon and other cities sure have missed them.

Have an appointment with a Pain Management location tomorrow afternoon. Hoping they can help me be free of this knee pain.

Today wil be another day taking in more slacks...thought I was done.but found another stack of them in my spare bedroom.darn it. They are all to good not to fix.

Supposed to be a rainy day today. A good day for me to stay home.

Hope all rounders are in for a good day.

good very early morning ...

had to get up at 3am ... Michael had to pack and be on his way to airport ..early flight.. hope all goes much better than the flight here.... so have been reading ..should have went back to bed .. but coffee. .. no real early plans for the day...

Mickie , sure wish you could show me how you take in slacks.. I have some that need that too...maybe I should just experiment on one pair.

We sure crammed in a lot of family time Thursday through Sunday. last week.. After lunch yesterday Mike went off alone to visit with relatives, friends. etc..
    came back to house about 7.30.. then Daug. Karen and husband stopped in to say goodbye... was a absolutely wonderful time.

think I will go find a soft corner and take a short nap.. see you all later

Hi Donna,, crossed fingers and prayers that the papers get signed today!... everything is "slowly" moving forward.... and they are moving .. .a suggestion .. Bunk beds in the room you have planned for Blaise.. then when Kathy comes to visit she can bunk in with him?.. I love your house , would leave that long front room as a glorious sun room.. all those windows.. (do I sound more excited than your Mom yet? )..

Hi Paula...

see you all later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning.

Hi Mickie! Hi Janet!

I'm up a little ahead of myself to get out of the house at 7:30 for a dental appointment. Then John has a checkup this afternoon, and in between getting together with friends for a Jamberry nail party.

Busy day for me.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning up early myself this morning...I have to be downstairs a half hour earlier than normal....I have physical therapy at 8:30 then work then I don't know what...I need to get my few groceries for the week...I don't know if I will make it to do that or not though....I think that I am getting a summer cold or already have it....sore throat head ache and ear issues so I may end just coming home and calling my mom to see if she will bring me chicken rice soup.

Comment

Good morning, so nice to see others here.
          Mickie glad you had a good visit.
          Elaine busy day for you, I've heard of those nails before but I just can't have nice looking fingernails.
          Bethina bad allergy seasons this year for some reason might have something to do with it..
          I sure hope today that Donna can close another chapter and move on to the next one, she deserves peace in her life for sure. Can't wait to see pictures of her new digs. I pray that it will be her forever home.
          I am still not well yet, spiked another fever, out of nowhere it just hit and the shaking chills came right along with it, and I am still taking antibiotics!! Looks like we are in for rain today, I will try and get a few small loads of laundry done not much else.
          Have a great day one and all.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning all

At my desk and updating our condo FB page. LOVE doing that. So much fun finding things to post.

Yesterday was great - cooked a late breakfast, baked a Peach Brandy pound cake, and later took a nap. Needed a "down" day pretty badly.

Back to the grind today, though. And have to make a trip to FedEx to ship a package for Chris after work. Busy, busy, busy.

Y'all have a good 'un!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Lovely rainy day today. Won't be so hot today anyway.

Didn't get much sleep as leg was aching most of the night. Rain does that to it sometimes.

Don't have to cook for the guys today. I can handle that.

Comment

Good Morning! Suppose to rain today...all day...but it's yet to start.

Yesterday turned into a very productive day once I got Corky organized & ready to go. We got home in Ohio around 1:30pm. Corky was back on the road by 2:30pm to go do a club fit. Would you believe he never did find the place and after driving here there & everywhere....he did call twice asking for directions...he finally gave up around 4:30pm and headed for PA. He should have told them in the beginning he couldn't do it, but no...he just wasted a quarter tank of gas searching for them. Anyways, he got to PA by 8:10pm, which was a HUGE relief to me and him. At least he got there before dark, safely, and was able to get a good nights sleep before reporting to the job site at 7am today.

Now me, I started in one corner of the garage & worked my way out cleaning, pitching, & sweeping. I got things sorted into piles...stuff to still be moved, stuff that will go out for the garbage, and stuff I'm leaving the new people. It looked great after I was done & I even pulled the Escape in for the night. After I was done with the garage, we (Blaise & me) headed to the shed out back & cleaned that out. Added to the collection the the garage. It felt great to get those two projects done. I then came in & made mini pizzas with some Grand biscuits I still have in the refrigerator. YUM!!! Will definitely make those again.

This morning my feet hit the ground running. I got the yard all mowed before it starts to rain. Last time for that. Need to make a quick run to the bank & stop at the store to see if they have any more banana boxes. Will spend the rest of the day packing up & cleaning each room as I go. HOPEFULLY closing will be today, but it will be in the late afternoon if it's going to happen because the buyer gets off work at 4pm I think. Might get to the gym if I can get Kathy up and watch Blaise. She's suppose to be moving into her apt on Friday. She's boo hooing & still wanting to move with us. She can't understand why Becca still gets to live with us & she doesn't. After this past weekend, I want to take both of their heads & slam them together. I think I need a stay in the hospital again to remind them I can't handle their crap & stress along with my own.

BTW Aunt J...my Mom still hasn't been inside to see the place.....only the outside & that's because I drove her there after shopping the weekend we got it and didn't tell her where we were going until we were almost there & she ask where we were going. You would have thought she would have come over on Saturday, but she didn't. She's also not thrilled about us staying there for those few days before closing on the house there. Just give me something else to fret about. It's all going to work out...it's all going to work out...it's all going to work out.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning to you all.
                  A cloudy morning, and the forecast says rain today and tomorrow. The high temp remains at 100° for today, but cooler for tomorrow.
                  Pest/weed Control guy will be around this morning. E has an appt to donate at Red Cross. Other than that, no particular plans.

Nalani, I'm glad you posted yesterday. Are you unpacked and settled in now? Lucky you, to retire in such a Paradise! 😄
                  Cookie, I hope that paperwork gets settled today.
                  Schmitty, it's good to see your post this morning. I hope Pain Management will be helpful....no doubt it will be. My DD had to go when she got addicted to her prescription. She manages quite well these days.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oops, I must have bumped the wrong button here.

Pat, I have a recipe for Apricot Brandy Poundcake that I used to make for years for special occasions. Love it!
                    Justy, Elaine, Sharon, Maye, Beth, Paula, and the rest...have a great day!
                    😀
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Wow! Lots of posts! good morning!
                      I got up earlier; my new wake up time seems to be 5:30. But, I am so glad I did because at 5:45 my mother called! A huge limb had fallen across her driveway and knocked down power lines and she had no electricity. I told her to call the power company. She called back and said her newspaper man had called the police and they had two units at her driveway. jBecky goes over to my moms to help her and the police would show her how to walk around the taped off area. Usually she drives over there but not today. And there is no curbside parking on that part of the street. Monday has started off with an adrenaline rush! I asked my mother if she wouldn't rather come over here for the day but she said she wants t stay there and see what is going to be done.
                      About the time the temperature hits 100* she may change her mind...hopefully, the power should be restored by then and the tree cleaned up.
                      So, a busy day, right?
                      Donna, I am hoping your day ends with the house closing. And I can't wait to see pictures!
                      The cakes Pat and Jo mentioned sound good! I need to get my tube pan out again and do some baking.
                      Hope your day either gets better, those in pain and sick, or keeps going in a good direction.

Pat, what is the Facebook page for your work? If I Liked it already, I can't remember.

Comment

Paula - it's https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sea-S...305674?fref=ts
                        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Liked it! Now to think cool thoughts while looking at the pictures!

Comment

Aloha all!

It'll all work out, Donna!

Waiting on Bim and we will take a bunch of stuff I don't need to the Salvation Army this morning, then on to get his Hawaii ID which will give him what they call Kamaina Rates to different functions. I can't get mine until I get my Hawaii drivers license but must take the test and study for it first. Busy morning.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                            X