Wednesday Morning, April 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Morning, April 22nd

Good Morning..bed is made, I am dressed, it is very chilly outside, but hoping to make it to the grocery store today. I really detest that job..also will try and get some laundry done today, not much with the two of us, which I am happy about...the most is towels, washcloths and whites..
    Got my menus made out, the grocery list by my purse, will eat a little breakfast and then hopefully within the hour get to the store..
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning!

Hi Sharon. Glad you got your bed made.

I don't think ever in my life I have not made the bed. One good thing happened after John retired. I said, "You sleep in this bed, why don't you make it?" And he does. So now I just make mine. Lovely.

Birthday lunch was not for me. For a friend who turned 85.

Made Quinoa for lunch yesterday. Never tried it before. I cooked it like rice, added S & P, a dash of olive oil, dried cranberries and roasted pine nuts. Awesome. On its own, I don't think so.

Well, taking the car in in a few. Recall on the ignition. We haven't had any problems, but apparently Lincoln wants this thing fixed, so we comply.

Hope everyone has a very good day!~~

Comment

Good morning

its dull, dark and wet... but any morning you can get up must be a good one..

Boff.. if you will cook it.. ( and clean up the mess) I will gladly do the grocery shopping.. the only problem I have is the big stores , like Walmart are always changing places for items...and I have yet to understand the logic of why face soap is in the cosmetic department. instead of the Soap shelves in grocery...???.. my biggest challenge is to stick to the list in my hand and not fill the buggy with "other" stuff.

the washer delivery guy called already ,, they will be here "sometime" between 12 pm and 2Pm. ..hope the guys are trained to cover their shoes. as they will be coming in over light gray carpet...

some lessons today.. and then it crocheting and computing ..

HI Donna
      Hi Paula...may the children be angels today..
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining, but chilly outside. Man the wind whipped like crazy yesterday and when it rained through the night it was beating against the house.

Yesterday wasn't too productive. I did get the small pot of beef barley soup made, but it didn't taste as good as usual....missing something. Took Blaise to the library after school.

Today I'm hoping to deal with a few things on my desk that have been sitting here for months. Pesky things, not bills. One concerns identity theft, which I think is more likely than a house fire, especially now a days.

My friend Maureen's voice keeps going through my head from our conversation the other night..."get rid of some of your sh**!" I told her I still wanted a house & she said we could live in an apartment. I've got too much stuff for an apartment unless it was a 4 bdrm place with a basement. LOL! So I'm going to look around and see what stuff I can start eliminating so I don't have to pack & move it. Speaking of moving, my husband still hasn't decided where we are going.

OH...big news...the closing date on the Bradford house has been moved up to April 30th!!!! YEA! Now I don't have to pay all those May bills. Whaaaahoooooo!!!! I called our realtor here and questioned her. I knew the answers, but I was trying to shame her. In the 9 months she's had the listing, she's personally only shown the house once or twice...I think it was once. All the other showings have been by other realtors. When this contract is up, we are getting a new realtor if the house isn't sold. I told her how urgent it was to sell it before summertime. Once summer hits, they start rejecting it because of no a/c. I already know what realtor I want. She's shown it twice lately & even told me she HAS to find a buyer for our cute house. She's a local realtor here in town.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, all.
          I'm up, but my brain isn't in full gear yet.
          LB, I don't make the bed. E does. He's the last one up anyway. But he doesn't mind. Also, when I wash the sheets, he's the one who puts them back on the bed. It hurts my wrists these days to tug and pull them in place properly.

I have no real plans for today. E has errands to run, and I want to tag along for the fresh air.

Maye, I have no idea why stores change things around. I can never find the barley. It's not near the rice, or dried beans, or in health foods....I finally had to ask someone for help. Even the employee couldn't find it, she asked 2 other employees, finally found it by the canned soup.....where I find it on the very top or bottom shelf. I think they move stuff around to clean the shelves, but they don't always return it to the very same place. I now ask employees "Where do you hide the ......???"

Cookie, I think that changing realtors is an excellent idea! I don't think you could find an apartment with a large enough kitchen for all your cooking and baking. You definitely need a house!

To all, have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all.

NOT the best of days for me - my car has been making an awful squealing noise. It scared me so bad yesterday by the time I got home I was in tears and shaking. Made Chris drive it and he said IT IS GOING IN THE SHOP TOMORROW MORNING! No matter the cost, it has to be fixed!

So we dropped it off at Firestone this morning. He recently bought 4 tires there, so he received a coupon for $30 off any $50 - hopefully whatever is going on won't be too expensive.

Erin is back to being a pill too. Oh yay. NOT.

Is this day over yet?
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning all! Think it'll be a nice day but a bit breezy in the afternoon.

Sometimes I get almost panicky when I think of all the things I still have to do. Started calling places like SS where I have direct deposits to the bank. Still have to take care of the VA deposit and will try to do that today. I should have papers somewhere to say what to do when moving out of state to another bank.

Didn't get my furniture hosed off yesterday as the faucets at the garden plots had no water. So did paint the bottom of the legs and gave them 2 coats. Tony the maintenance man didn't know why it was off. I think it might be a leak to the plant watering system and it was turned off by someone. But Tony, bless his heart, brought a long hose and hooked it up to a faucet on the building so today I shall hose off the furniture and after it is all dry will finish up the painting.

Fellow came by to look at my chair yesterday. And old man who wanted me to take off what it would cost him to have someone else pick it up. Said no deal. So still haven't sold that chair. May end up taking it with me as it is a very nice chair. Just will make my apartment a little more crowded.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good morning, all. Another lovely day in Sunny CA. I know, I love sunshine too but the lack of rain is driving us all up the wall. A small chance of rain tomorrow and a better chance on Thursday. We shall see.

Two biscuits in the oven and a cantaloupe in the fridge. I had a nice chunk of the melon with dinner last night and was the best tasting one I have had in a very long time. I also had a goat cheese and herb omelet for my dinner along with some garlic bread. Yummy!

Pat, teenagers are our punishment for having been a teenager ourselves. I also had a squealing in my tires a while back and it was shrieking by the time I got home. Next morning I had it towed to the mechanic because I was afraid it would cause more damage to drive it. Mechanic checked it out tnd there wasn't a peep. He said that there possibly had been a small pebble got in the brake lining.

Biscuits are calling. Haave a good one.

Comment

It has taken me forever to get to the post!
                  Pat, the day will be over and hopefully better than it started.
                  It is garbage day and that means our little dog shakes and hides from the noise of the trucks all day.
                  I am with YA on the not liking shopping anymore. I remember the old days when I loved to make me use and shop, but no more.

I started reading but got interrupted by phone, dogs, and an early baby! I better go...have a good day.

Comment

YEA PAULA.... YOU DID MAKE IT THO'!!!
                    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                    X