Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Morning ~ April 21

Good Morning.

Up early again it seems. Want to get busy dusting and vacuuming, but I don't want to disturb John, so I'll wait until he hits the floor.

Had a lovely birthday lunch yesterday and did lots of shopping. We filled the trunk, although I didn't buy much myself.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Morning all

Been up since 4 myself. Got dinner for tonight prepped so I don't have to kill myself getting it on the table after work. Got chicken soaking in buttermilk for fried chicken and a pan of scalloped potatoes ready for the oven. Just have to figure out the vegetable and we are good to go.

Time to hit the shower and get out the door. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning, good morning...sun is shining for now, birds are singing which makes me sing also, which isn't pretty but no one around to hear it but me..
      Pat always nice when things are prepped and ready, makes life so much easier.sounds delicious..
      Elaine, so glad you had a good birthday lunch and shopping, even if you didn't buy much, always fun. I went shopping a few times recently and now I know why I shop on line most times, to darn confusing in the store, LOL..
      Not much on my agenda today, it's a hurry up and wait thing for a door replacement, they sent notice they would be here 5-21 then yesterday they sent a message saying they would be here between 12:00-2:00 4-21...glad I have it in an email, wrong on their side. So will get my day started a little earlier than usual. I am not one that usually makes my bed every day, got out of the habit years ago when the hubby worked and slept during the day, now I am trying to get back into the habit, have been doing it for two months now and all is going good, just don't leave the bedroom until it is made. Hubby says why make it your just going to sleep in it again...he sleeps in on the weekends and will not make the bed when he gets up...so I go back and do it..
      Hope everyone has a good day..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning...I have grounded myself to my apartment today....was up and down mos of the night...itching like no tomarrow...today I am not fit to be around.

Comment

Good Morning ..
          been up since 6.30... but just lounging with book and game on phone... now to get busy.

I too went shopping .. and would have filled the trunk... ...more or less.... bought a washing machine at Sears... same exact washer was at Lowes and Home Depot but price was higher there... plus no free delivery,/set up.. so it will be delivered sometime tomorrow..
          will have to get moving and go clean out my laundry area a bit more... make room for them to crawl around making connections... hope the guys give me time to clean the floor space before new is set in ... to quote my dear Grandfather...."this will be the LAST Washer I ever have to buy."... he said that about fixing one of the fences in the pasture field... and lived to fix it twice more... maybe the way things are made now a days I will end up buying two more washers ....

sure wish I love to cook like Pat, and some of you other ladies... but would rather teach piano.. read a book. even do laundry. than cook.. I do like to bake but you can't eat cake for every meal ( or can you?).... I better get off of here..need coffee.

and I have always made the bed..( not as a kid at home).. nor did I make my kids beds unless I was changing sheets etc.. their bedrooms were upstairs and I could not see them.. except cleaning day.. but I like to get into a neat bed....

Bethina, behave today.!!!!take care of that ankle

see you all later

Hi Paula and Donna.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was weird....it's pour and then you'd turn around & the sun would be shining through the thick gray clouds, and then 10 minutes later cloud back up and rain. It's suppose to be chilly the rest of the week with the highs in the 40's. BRRRRR!

Yesterday wasn't very productive. Went to WIC for our final appointment since Blaise will be turning 5 next month. Stopped at Meijers on the way home. Got home with 10 minutes to spare before it was time to take Blaise to school. Cork & I then went to visit one of my customers who's become a friend. She's in her 80's and has been an artist most of her life. She ask me to come pick out a painting of my choice as a gift from her. I picked one that is a bunch of tulips...beautiful! I dropped Cork off at home, then went to the gym. I was feeling like crap by then and just wanted to go home & take a nap. Picked up Blaise from school & then came home for a nap. That did me a lot of good. Got up and made a nice dinner.

This morning I've just been plugging along. Need to get a shower and get Blaise ready for school. I'll stop at the gym after dropping him off. Not sure what the rest of the afternoon will bring. I did tell Blaise we'd go to the library since his movies are due back today. You DO NOT want to be past due with a movie....it's $1/day fine for each movie and we have 3 out right now. That adds up fast. I'm roasting beef bones & hope to make a pot of beef barley soup.

Have a good one all!

I go through spells of making my bed and then through spells of not making it. Corky takes naps during the day & messes up the bed again & it just frustrates me. I like to get into a made bed.

Comment

Good morning.
              I crawled out of bed at 6 this morning. The sun will be popping over the mountain soon. The temp will be dropping another couple of degrees today, but it'll be a warm 86° at days end.
              Got about half the laundry done yesterday. The rest today.

* I haven't had fried chicken in years, Pat. We have 2 places to choose from...I quit getting "The Colonel's" chicken after getting some bad chicken years ago.....the taste just doesn't leave one's mouth. (An Italian restaurant served a dish where the chicken was "turning" bad, and I'd never go back after that.). So the other place to get quick chicken, it tasted really good but it was greasy. I never could make it right, myself. I like it crispy. My 1st hubby's parents owned a catering business, and he could really fry chicken well. Too bad *he* turned out bad. His mom told me the tricks of cooking meats that are turning bad, and the customers never knew it. (I don't use those tricks, except to avoid restaurant foods prepared in those ways.)
              * Beth, take care of that foot!
              * Elaine, I'm very glad you had a nice birthday! 🎶🎶🎶

So, it may be a good day to get out of the house today. I got a gift card (E's from the Red Cross, for giving platelets.). Spending it might be fun, if I needed anything. I'd also like to stock up on soups and broth. Good bases for other dishes.

Have a good day, everyone!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is a cloudy morning here and that makes me hope for rain...the mountains are supposed to get the thunder storms, so we will see. Big white thunder clouds were up over the mountains this weekend, too. Made for beautiful skies. I wake up to birds most mornings, and some nights, too. Gary was my bird info guy; he taught a local bird unit to his 5th graders over the years and could identify every bird I ever asked about....
                I made baby back ribs yesterday. I knew which kids would eat them and had some chicken nuggets for the two I knew wouldn't eat them. One 5 year old was asking What is that smell? the minute he hit the house. Luckily, he thought it was a good smell. He is one of the ones I can always count on to eat whatever I cook.
                When we were talking about our day I asked, And what is today's name? Some who knew, yelled, Monday! Another boy said, Again?! (Kind of how we all feel at times, right?)
                In our house whomever got up last made the bed...For a number of years I got up first so Gary would "spread up the bed", his family's way of saying, making the bed. Then when he had the hospital bed, I made two...I do it so no dog lays on my sheets.
                Elaine, was it your birthday or just a birthday get together? I haven't gone out with girlfriends for quite awhile...looking forward to next month when I see two good friends from college when I go to my nephew's graduation.
                I better get moving, much as I would love to sit here and ramble on with all of you.
                Bethina, take care and enjoy a day off. Everyone else, take care, too and enjoy the day!

Comment

Good morning all!

Feel like my old self today which is good as I need to get things done. Just sat around like a lump and took naps yesterday.

My oldest great grandson will undergo surgery to fix a broken ankle he got on Friday. They will put a pin or two in it and he can't go to school or do anything but sit in a chair for 2 weeks then they put a cast on it for 4 weeks. He cried when was told he can't go to school for two weeks but he can still do his work at home. These sorts of things happen to boys more often then girls I guess. Poor kid.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Will the school send a tutor, Nalani?

Comment

Paula, I'm not sure what they will do, but a tutor would be great and I hope that is what they will do.

Comment

Working...
                      X