January 12, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 12, 2015

Great morning Peeps! Why great you ask? Well, because I got an email asking me to contact asap to set up an interview that's why. OMG, I'm so stinkin' excited and will not say another word until after I get the job. I do not want to jinx myself. I do realize that it's time to settle down with one job and work at it until I don't want to work anymore. I've been very blessed with all the jobs I've had, but it's time to get serious now.

our temps today will climb to 78º and that is music to my soul. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning Karlin and all who follow

We're expected to hit 70 today, but it's supposed to rain today & tomorrow. No problem with that - I can stand the rain as long as it isn't COLD!

Got a LOT of unpacking & putting away done yesterday. Also managed to get a nice pot of spaghetti cooked. In the afternoon, I used the gift certificate I received for Christmas and got a much-needed mani/pedi. Not much more relaxing than a pedicure!

Today - I'm off work but still have to get Erin to school. Laid out some chicken breasts for supper - now to decide what to go with them. I'll post the recipe I'm going to try over in the kitchen.

Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning!!!!!
      It's a chilly 51° right now, going towards 66° today with a 50% chance of rain today. Don't know if we got any rain overnight, I didn't hear any. Still dark out at 6:15a, but we will see what today brings.

I have basic chores today. E has intentions of getting stuff cleaned up in his areas .... We will see. Last night I fell asleep hearing words about his electronics projects.
      I promised him pancakes for breakfast. But today we need to hit the grocery store.

Also hope to hear from my Oncologist today. I left a note on MyChart on the status of my condition. This is no way to live.
      On the bright side, since the pharmacy wouldn't refill my prescription, I'm using my regular slightly higher dose on those alternate days. Already, after 3 days of not juggling doses, I think my condition is improving......but he doesn't know that yet. His intention is to remove all my meds, I think. After 25 years, I feel he's going about it too quickly, and I'm not sure that he is or isn't paying much attention to my case. E thinks I'm judging too hastily, but admitted he doesn't really know what I'm going through. The Oncologist seems too pay attention only to my blood tests immediately taken before my appointment with him. There aren't any in between appointments these days. Anyway, so far these last few days there are fewer trips to the bathroom.

Ah, I hear it raining now!

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day today.
      Karlinann, good luck on that job interview!
      Last edited by JoGee; 01-12-2015, 08:33 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I didn't want to get up today..but I did and will head out to work in just a little bit....I will get groceries after work and go to my parents to watch the Organ Ducks take on Ohio....Cheering for the ducks!

Comment

Good morning all!

Think I might be coming down with something. Rats! Have to get my new hearing aids checked first thing this morning and then I drop my car off for 4 days while they fix a spot where I backed into a POD year and a half ago at my house when I was moving here. Since I will be taking the car to Maui I want to get things like that fixed because of rust of which is a problem over there.

I believe it is supposed to rain today and I will have to be out in it. Double rats!

Have a good day all!

Comment

We have the clouds but they are saying no rain till later this week.
            Yesterday was an afternoon of baking cookies (snickerdoodles and shortbread), watching some Patenthood on Netflix and just relaxing. Lots of tweets coming in from Spencer. He is on a business trip, so no family. But he was up and about London, trying to get on the time zone schedule. So that kept us awake...no nap.
            Karlinann, will be waiting for your next good news!
            Bethina, have a good work day.
            Nalani, take care and try not to over do. You seem so organized!
            Pat, that was a great gift! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy it.
            I need to start my day. Turn on lights, unlock the door and put on a smiling face!

Comment

Good morning, all. Same old weather but, as Paula said, rain expected on the weekend. Sure will be welcome.

Made the Albóndigas soup for a trial run yesterday. Had to tinker a bit as it tasted dull and boring. A tablespoon of minced onion isn't nearly enough to flavor the meatballs. Since this one is a trial run, I now have a lot of soup in the freezer. The batch I'll make on Wednesday should be much better.

Good luck on the interview, Karlinann.

Paula, Snickerdoodles sound so good to me, I just may make a batch if I can get the kink out of my neck.

That's all folks. Hope Maye is well recovered.

Comment

Nalani, in MI I recall they used to get an "Undercoat" sprayed underneath the cars, to prevent rust and salt damage. Do they still do that??? It may help your car on the Islands there.

That reminds me......MI had a 193-car pileup the other day, around Battle Creek, and they just reopened the Interstate there.
                There was one fatality, and 22 injuries. I sure hope Kellie avoided that one. I know they've got a whole lot of snow in the northern half, and some areas can only be got through by snow mobile..... So I've been told.
                Kellie, if you're peeking in here, please let us know how you are doing!

Barb, I've made a similar soup, and used onion soup mix in the meatballs, and cumin and mild taco spice in the broth. E really loved it!
                Last edited by JoGee; 01-12-2015, 10:23 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

a late and quick Good Morning

nice nice sleep in for a change... ... so up , showered.. and need to get at least of minimum of things done ... ( litter box is calling me, as is the dishes in the sink etc).....

I have a couple lessons this evening... have not had any students since before C... I miss them but it's been nice not to be tied to a schedule... however ,I feel my brain getting soggy.. kids keep me sharper.

Karen and the girls brought me souveniers , and showed me videos of their evening at DWTSs . last Thur....I would have enjoyed it sooooo much... the three dancers who took 1,2,3, place were the "stars" of the evening ..with Alfonso as an equal partner in the show.... if that was my Christmas gift.. just hearing how much fun they had was a really good gift to me.

time to get that downstairs completely de-Christmased ..see you later
                  Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! It snowed & sleeted overnight, so no school today. At least it's not frigid cold...so far.

Yesterday I got up & baked 2 pies & a pan of scalloped potatoes w/ham. The one pie was left here & offered to the people who looked at the house. I've always said that cleaning if exhausting to me, and I came home yesterday and collapsed. Thank goodness I had Corky's help this time.

When I went out yesterday to get some apples for the one pie, and found frozen apples. I forgot to bring them in the house last week when it was so cold...dang! So today I'm slowly peeling frozen apples & bagging them up for future apple pies. I hope to do at least 10 pies worth. Once they start thawing, they'll all be mush and worthless. DANG! Also working on making the large pot of Wedding Soup for tomorrow's cooking club.

Have a good one all!

Comment

JO, if you get a scratch that breaks through the paint of a car that spot will rust much faster. That is what I am having repaired, but I'll get rust no matter what eventually over there. It's the humidly and slat air.

Comment

Ahhh, Nalani, the price of living in paradise. I envy you! Sun is shining and the schools immediately to the north of us were out today due to ice. Cold rain yesterday but the freezing air didn't come in until after it had stopped. Sierra was here for lunch...she said the roads this morning were much slicker than at noon. I need to run errands but they can wait until tomorrow. I have been fighting a cold for the last 3 days and am hoping it is reaching its height today! I hate clogged ears. Temps are suppose to end the week in the 40s and 50s! Yippee!! We will have our own tropical heat wave. Need to either freeze, eat or run all the leftovers down the garbage disposal. Wish I baked instead of made meals...my cold is craving cake! Happy Monday all...

Comment

Cookie, when you go to make those pies, mix the frozen with some fresh ones. Maybe a bit of tapioca for a thickner. I think that might salvage the outcome.

Nalani - I didn't know that. Thanks. Now I know why some of the people did double coats of the stuff.
                          Last edited by JoGee; 01-12-2015, 01:34 PM.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good afternoon/evening, will make this short but sweet. Still not doing well, was at the hospital in December and again last Friday, for fluids, banana bag and B12 shot...go back on Wednesday, will be admitted for 2 or 3 days to help get my system built back up and also to have a picc line put in so I can do nourishment at home until I am back to normal...also give my esophagus a break since I have acid reflux so bad. I miss everyone but I have to admit depression is trying to set in and I can hardly stand to even watch the news. Total loss of 100 lbs. since August. I would prefer it to be slower and healthier..Love, hugs and prayers to all of you.
                            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hi Boff. Sorry to hear of your health problems, but your thinking is right on track for good healing. Slow, but sure and healthy.

My oncologist's office called for me to come in tomorrow afternoon. I'm going through a lot of crap --- literally. However, I hope to convince Dr God that keeping my meds balanced is a better way to go. Also that he cut too much too quickly. I couldn't refill his prescription for a 1/2 dose prescription, so am back on my old pill in place of it.....it's still just 50% of what I took before...once a day instead of twice. But am doing much better, not in the bathroom 6x a day....just 3x. But not outputting my guts with the waste.
                              I've been so scared to go out to meals, gym, anywhere. But today I worked up the courage to put my belief to the test and went grocery shopping by myself. No problem at all today. I probably won't be using the Immodium and Gas-X now.......which is what kept my holidays from being totally ruined. He'd better keep me on this dose and not change it again.
                              Tomorrow, Dr God should be realizing he's not even an Archangel ! I've been hoping, more than anything, that this guy doesn't kill me. But he's come close, I have no doubt.
                              Last edited by JoGee; 01-12-2015, 05:51 PM.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X