Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ April 14

Howdy Folks!!

Been up since 4a catching up on computer stuff and reading posts. Rain rain rain yesterday. We got nearly 1.5" and a pet food company nearby had wind damage and water damage to the building as well as some parked cars. Wow!!

Donna, so glad you are about to get the house business settled.
    Sharon, happy you had such a great trip.
    Beth, sorry you and your mom are at odds, but everything will be sorted out for the best for everyone involved.

I am so grateful to whomever invented Dish TV and for the capability to record. I record everything I watch. Had to see DWTS after the ballgame, but skipped through all the stuffing, just watched the dancers and elimination. Took me about 45 minutes to get through a 2-hour program.

Had baked trout and tilapia yesterday, so switching to ribs today. Someone gave John some beer, and since he doesn't drink it, I am trying to use it in cooking. Made beer biscuits yesterday but I detest beer so have no idea what they tasted like. Going to throw some in the ribs today, so I may be forced to taste some beer.

Hope you all have a very good day! 😊😊

Pat, just saw on FB that you watched the movie. Glad I have it recorded, as I will watch it again today. LOVE Keira Knightly in everything she does. And Benedict is beyond words. I notice that he is is some English films available on Amazon Prime Videos, and now I will try to see them all.

Comment

Elaine - yes, the movie was superb! Chris promptly fell asleep about 10 minutes in. I was riveted! And a true story to boot. What a pity about Alan Turing - he w as genius who was WAY before his time.

We got a ton of rain yesterday also. I only worked a half-day, so I picked Erin up from school and we went to Publix and bought fried chicken for supper. Interestingly, they now have prepared collard greens in the deli! Chris was THRILLED. I don't eat greens, but he loves 'em.

Back to the grind today. Boss doesn't return from his vaycay until tomorrow, so I'll likely be bored all day today. Think I'll take a book to read.

I'm off to the shower and onward. Y'all have a good 'un!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning....I was a bad bad girl last night...I tried to do too much in one evening...paying for it this morning with foot pain I can take up to two of my pain pills at a time...which is what I did when I got home from the doctor and getting a new cast...well then I started feeling better than I had at all...and I just started doing one thing after another that needed done. Oooops

Work today I will keep my foot up while I am there when I can....playing bingo tonight.

Please pray for my mother...she is now not feeling well....could be a part of the reason she has been grouchy

Comment

Good Morning

do not have the recording possibilities on my TV. darn and double darn... when they opt to put a football game on during DWTSs time.. they show it the next morning at 9am.. aggg... would love to skip the commercials. this years DWTSs crop' is neatly divided into the A-team and the B- team.. I will have a problem deciding which of the A-team I like the best... ...... do you have a favorite yet ELaine.?

had a wonderful time with my two lady friends , Sally and Lois , yesterday... Sally has had cancer for 5 yrs now. and Lois has early Alztheimers , and Parkinson . so I was the driver and caregiver... Sally manages quite well.. but gets tired very quickly.. Lois has some trouble with bringing words out.. and got her money mixed up ... but basically we just had a good time. went to a favorite restaurant. and caught up on all family news.. hope i get to take them out a few more times..

Beth, take it easy girl!...glad you are feeling better about your Mom ..
          Pat. ummm.. take a book to work.. what a Job!!!!.

be back later to catch up with the rest of you'll.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was so pretty until about 4pm. Then the temps dropped and the rain came.

Yesterday was good. Puttered around in the morning and then took Blaise to school. Went to the gym & while there our realtor in PA called. We never have a short chat...LOL!!! Things are moving along. I wanted to let her know about the repair the plumber still has to make. It won't stop anything from moving forward. We'll sign papers if we have to to guarantee we'll still pay for the repair. Went grocery shopping after that. After putting everything away, I took Blaise to the library. We hadn't been there in almost 3 weeks, which is unusual for us. Well we came right before Storytime, so we stayed & didn't get home until after 5pm. Made spaghetti for supper. I wished I could record. It's on my wishlist when we move. We have Dish, but not all the bells & whistles with them. Once we are down to one place & are settled, I plan to subscribe to that & get texting. Will move into the 21st century...LOL!!! I bounced btw Scorpion (love that show!) and DWTS. Glad to see Christie got the boot. I get teary eyed every time I watch ??Chris...the veteran. I sure hope he inspires other veterans.

Today is Recipe Club at the library. Appetizers is the theme today. I know I'm making Salmon Mousse mini-Tarts, and I'm thinking I may make Fried Mushrooms (will do the frying there). We'll see. This is kind of my Day Out for the month. I'll take Blaise to school, then the gym to do the Eliptical machine, then to the library. Corky will pick up Blaise so I can chat & have a nice time. My neighbor Amy may come over for tea afterwards since her husband & son are away for a fishing trip. (Adam is home schooled) Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
              Should be sunny and hot today, high 80's last I looked. Late this morning I get my hair trimmed.
              Yesterday was nice...got my labs done, results were all good. 😊 Then out to breakfast with E. After that we looked for bird baths. Lowe's had only resin ones, very dirty at that. They sell the dish and stand separately, $35 for the dish and about double or more for the stand. Home Depot does not carry any except online. Scratch them. Then we found a place that does concrete and stone work. The dish and stand are not priced separately. So I've got a very nice terra cotta birdbath for just $35! Surprisingly, E likes some of the other stuff they have there, and told the guy he'd be back!

Elaine, the ribs should really be tender. Those beer biscuits should be good for church, especially with a cheesy casserole.

Pat, the actor plays, I believe, an updated Sherlock Holmes (with an Asian female Dr Watson), on TV. I only watched the first show, but didn't much care for it. I was surprised it was he who played the starring role in the movie, in which he was amazingly good.

Beth, take care of that foot!!! And I do hope your mom feels much better soon.

Hi Maye, and all who follow. Or who typed in before I finished.

Off to my tea and toast, or whatever I come up with for breakfast.
              Have a great day, everyone.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

JoGee - you're thinking of the show "Elementary" - Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock Holmes on "Sherlock" on PBS. Two completely different shows.
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

oh....thanks, Pat. I thought that Elementary was a new version of Sherlock. Anyway, I'm confused at our channels. We don't get them very well, and they aren't consistant. As I've said, our TV server thinks the city of Tucson is located in Metro Phoenix. Also doesn't know about Mountain Standard Time, putting Tucson on Central Standard Time. How E figures out the codes for reception is beyond me, and most shows we just don't receive. Then periodically they switch codes and/or times for shows. I can't get used to two remotes being necessary for one TV set. Except for the dish, we've tried the other servers, but they weren't effective either. And the neighbors who had the dish, dumped them after a short time.
                  Guess it's easy to confuse shows with this kind of situation.
                  Oh, and E is thinking of getting an old fashioned antenna and see if that works any better.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hello...starting freezing yesterday even with really warm temps, kept getting worse, by evening all out sick. Feel like it is mostly allergy related but also the dreaded Crohn's, so sticking close to bathroom..just didn't want anyone to think I had forgotten them..have a wonderful day, back to the couch...
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I am late but here finally.
                      DWTS is one of the reasons I am glad we have DVR DISH. Our new receiver arrived yesterday and we had it installed ( lot of boring wait time) in time for DWTS. Till 8:45 and I was so tired, I went to bed. Maye, I think they have a D list,motor! Not a fan of Suzanne's dancing. Just my opinion...
                      So windy here last night that people are posting pictures of their trampolines up against their houses. Power was out in part of Red Bluff, but Not ours.
                      I got a message referring a new child to daycare. It will fill me up and and help balance the summer vacation schedule. Fingers crossed. I like
                      Referrals because you don't have to try and sell yourself. Having older or current daycare parents refer you is the best way to get new families!
                      Elaine, I had some beer bread that was really good but did not taste of beer. I use wine in cooking but not beer. Is burgundy wine? I use it for beef burgundy.
                      Bethina, hope your mom gets to feeling better. Caregivers can wear down under the stress.
                      Maye, I hope you can arrange more time with your two friends.
                      My brain can't think too well with kids inside and the lawn guy outside,mso I am going to wish you all well and go read a story to some kids!

Comment

That should read: D list, too.

Comment

Keep me in your positive thoughts. E has to run me to the eye doctor shortly...maybe to the eye surgeon, too. Depending what's going on. I got out of the shower and was going through my hair/face ritual at my mirror, when suddenly I saw my right eye start filling with blood. I can still see, and no pain -- that's the good part. We will see what's going on next.

Paula, burgundy IS a wine.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning all!

Got the mover survey done yesterday afternoon and I picked a date for the move without looking at the calendar and neither or the surveyor. I picked May 10 which turned out to be Mother's day so called early to change it to the 11th. Put and ad this morning in our paper to sell a chair I really love but really have no room for it. So hopefully it'll sell. Now I am taking family pictures off of two poster boards as I can't take those either. The boards not the photos. Hopefully I'll get to take it easy for part of the afternoon. Tomorrow I have an eye appointment where I'll get my eyes dilated. It was mid afternoon but they called this morning to change it to 7:45 AM. Fine by me as I get it over sooner.

Have a good day all!.

Comment

The Opthomologist said that my eye problem looks much worse than it is. A hemmorage between the capillaries, and the 'cellophane' that protects the eyeball. It will act like a bruise and change colors before it goes away.
                              I go back in 2 days for my regular eye exam; the hemmorage will not affect it in any way. Now I have to reschedule my hair appointment.

A bit of excitement...enroute to the eye doctor's, police were diverting traffic and we had to detour a half mile in the wrong direction. There was also a big Bomb Squad van, and equally large Police van.
                              Coming home, we saw fire trucks heading in that direction. Again, we were diverted coming home.
                              It looks like almost two miles of road was being blocked off. I wonder what's going on? If & when we will hear about it?
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X