Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ April 13th

Morning all

Another rainy day here - the sound of raindrops hitting the skylight woke me up at 4:30.

Supposed to be my day off, but the boss is out of town, so I will go in and make the bank deposits. I have to take Erin to school anyway, so I might as well make myself useful.

Guess I'd best hit the shower. Y'all have a good 'un!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning .....

Pat, sounds like you have a good job.. so will pay to keep boss and others happy... around these parts good paying jobs are scarce ..so people learn quickly to cherish one ..

my entire day is planned almost to the minute today... David has to go pick up his prescription paper from Dr and take to Pharmacy.. new law of the land.
    so first job is to get Him organized. ha. .. .in the .mid morning I am picking up one lady friend.Sally ( with cancer) and our mutual friend, Lois ,( early alzheimers) and going to have long lunch. and visit with them... .have 3 long piano lessons.
    (each takes almost hour.)...finally DWTSs and Castle.. hope I stay awake for all of this... .. oops forgot. have a book to drop off at library.. all of this driving will be sort of in a circle of a 14-15mile radius.. .. will enjoy the ladies.. we never know which outing will be the last of it's kind.. I am 10yrs older than the friends..but the only one still driving .. weird but nice.

I will return to read what's going on.
    Donna , assuming you are back in Shelby by now.
    Hi Paula

((((((((((((((((((Bethina)))))))))))))))))
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 04-13-2015, 06:51 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, Pat, and Friends to Come:

Nothing happening here. I will say I saw the "Imagination Game" last night on PPV, and it is an amazing movie. If any of you have watched The Bletchley Circle TV series on PBS, this movie introduces you to the man who invented the machine that helped win the war against Germany. Amazing stuff! But then I love anything English.

Don't know what's in store for the day. I hear my husband moving around, so I guess I'll find out in a few.

Have a very good day.

Comment

Good morning...I think that things are calmed down enough that I feel like I can talk about it some....I will not be moving into my parents little house...their choice not mine...words where exchanged between my mother and I. Of course the decision for me to not be able to move into the house is all my fault. My mom said alot of hurtful things to me...she usually does...I am usually the one that she takes her stress out on....she internalizes her emotions and eventually needs a scape goat...I for some reason am alot times that scape goat...but it goes both ways and I sometimes take my stress out on her when I shouldn't. I am going to stay here where I am for the time being...Maybe eventually I will find an apartment closer to my sister and move over then.....I have no business living in that house by myself anyways...I am a crazy cultz One of those people that if its going to happen its going to happen to me...I could see myself falling down the basement stairs and laying until some one came to check on me. Same thing if I fell in the shower...I don't want to be a burden to anyone. Another thing is I am used to living in my own space doing my own thing...IF I would have stayed in the house then I would have had a very strict set of rules with a one strike your out aditude from mother...

Now that I have that off my chest my plans for the day...I go for my mri this morning....then counseling this afternoon...I am hoping that they will change my cast when I go for my mri. I am also hoping they don't give me any trouble about gettting more pain meds..My doc wouldn't give it to me Tuesday when I was there but now that I am completely I hope to get more.

Comment

Elaine - I'm assuming you meant "Imitation Game" with Benedict Cumberbatch? Everyone I know that has seen this movie has raved about it. So I just put it on hold at Redbox for this evening. Can't wait to see it!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...
            Yesterday was cloudy and dreary all day, but no rain, and none in the foreseeable future here.
            Today will be back to the mid 80's

Today, fasting labs, then out to breakfast. Then laundry, a never-ending chore. One of many.

We saw "Imitation Game". Fabulous movie.

(((((Beth)))))

Well, I'm going to have to start getting ready for my appointment. Will be back to read posts.
            Have a good day, peeps.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning to all..the sun is shining, the door is open, birds are chirping, allergies are in full bloom, so I feel like it is officially spring. Had a wonderful time in GA with daughter and family, but most of all the time spent with the grandgirls..they are growing up so fast. Very nice weather there, went boating on Easter Sunday and got my nose and head sunburned, not bad, but enough...weather in the 80's and one the way back to Ohio just kept watching the temps drop..on our way back I have a cousin that is in the Markey Cancer Center, he has had a rough time of it, on the way to the cancer center for first chemo treatment had a head on collision, everyone was okay, just bruised and banged up, with and ambulance and rental car they continued on to the center, he had his first treatment and had a really bad reaction, fell, broke both bones in his left leg, had to have surgery, chemo put on hold until he heals, in the meantime had to wait until today to be transported to a rehab place. I have not seen him in almost 30 yrs. and since we were traveling right by Lexington, KY I ask hubby if we could go by and surprise him with a visit...we did, and he was more than overjoyed, and I felt good about it also. We left, got a room for the night, and continued on our journey, got home on Sat. All the traveling and such caught up with me, did a lot of snoozing on the couch. Need to grocery shop today and a few other errands, miss my girls, but glad to be back in my own bed.
              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning Everyone!
                Beth, your good attitude will get you through. Just the things you pointed out show you are working through your feelings. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
                I will watch for that movie to be offered through Netflix or remember to check REdbox at the grocery store. I did well getting the last one back. It just takes checking it out at the right time so I can get it back...I remember the ads for it and then forgot.
                Right now we are waiting on a new receiver box from DISH. After a few months of problems that I thought at first were weather related with programs freezing up, and then thought it was just on DVR'd shows...I finally called and they decided we need a new box. We have been recording on my tv, so the programs we really like (DWTS, Amazing Race...) we just sit on my bed and catch up.
                I am glad to have just a regular schedule for daycare today. I need to go finish getting ready.
                Maye, I hope your lunch is wonderful! Have fun with your friends. I can't wait till next month when I see two of my old friends when I go to my nephew's graduation.
                Take care and have a great day!

Comment

Good morning all!

I'll have to check out that movie. Sounds like one I would like.

((((((((((((BETH))))))))))))) You'll find something.

A very rainy day yesterday and cold. I stayed inside and worked on my computer project. Took me all morning but I got it done and printed out. This was a program where I could move my furniture that I want to take around the apartment I will have to see if it all fit. There are two things that I really can't take and one is a very nice wall hugger Lazy Boy recliner. I have trouble pushing it out now as my arms just aren't strong enough. So will put an ad in the paper to see if I can sell it. Or maybe just donate to Habitat. I might take it though. Just thinking here. Hoping to hear from the movers today. Did call them Friday but the fellow I wanted to talk to wasn't there so I left a message and also sent him an email. If I don't hear today will call again tomorrow.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining & it's so nice outside. A bit windy. It was a beautiful drive back to OH yesterday. For us the temps kept rising as we were coming and the grass much greener.

We had a semi-successful trip to Bradford. Corky got all but one repair made. Apparently when you install the fixtures in the shower, you aren't to weld them, but whoever installed them did & it made it impossible to replace the corroded part. If Corky would have brought his welding stuff, he could have done it, but he didn't. We now have to hire the plumber to do it. The plumber was kind enough to go through the house...item for item on the repair list...and approved Corky doing it all. The plumber is so busy right now that he welcomed the break of one less job. The buyer & realtor wanted a certified plumber to do it all, and basically Corky is being a Pipe & Steamfitter. The plumber stopped at the realtor's office & told her he gave his approval of Corky. So Cork spent his days there doing repairs & constructed a set of steps for the back door. We got to meet the young man that is going to purchase the house. Clued him in on some things about the house.

Blaise stayed at his Grandpa Bob's Thursday evening through Saturday late afternoon. He had a great time. Everything was going fine at our friends where we were staying until Blaise come back. Their last dog terrorized Blaise and now Blaise is afraid of all big dogs. That dog has since died, but their son got a German Shepard pup who is 9 mos old. Deb was very patient with Blaise, but I could tell Jim was a bit frustrated with Blaise & the dog. I felt like we wore out our welcome. Now maybe I was reading more into it than that, but I was embarrassed and frustrated myself. It was a long 15 hrs until we left...or so it seemed to me. Blaise cringed and cried everytime the dog barked loudly or ran. They kept him on a leash most of the time while Blaise was up or in it's kennel. I felt bad for the dog and Blaise...and our friends. The had a new bunny & Blaise enjoyed feeding it. The next time we got, I think I'll have Bob bring Blaise back right before we are to leave...we'll see.

Today it's back to real life. Laundry is done, need to go to the grocery store, take Blaise to school, and hit the gym. Not sure what will be for dinner. Will depend on what I buy today. Maybe spaghetti since we haven't had that for a while. We were only home 2 days last week. Hoping this week is more peaceful.

OH btw...closing on the house in Bradford may be sooner than May 15th. They were saying things were clicking all together and it may be in 2 weeks!!! Works for me. Less utilities & one less mortgage payment!!!

Bethina... I think those are very valid points for you not to live in that house by yourself.

Welcome back Sharon!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Speaking of old friends.... I have two near my old hometown. One has been a dear friend since Kindergarten, the other since the 7th grade. We all graduated together. We had lots in common back then.

Now, I couldn't have a nice time as MAYE will be having today. No, these friends have never liked each other. They both can be fun and interesting, but I've always had to separate my visits with them.
                      Generally, I just don't tell either of them when we visit relatives there, but just skip seeing them at all.
                      Of the 3 of us, one married a hardheaded 'redneck' type, very biased in his ideas; the other married an accountant who can speak of nothing except how much money he makes; and I married an intellectual who finds it hard to tolerate either of those two guys. And the gal who married the redneck guy, has become a full-time hypochondriac, sadly; the other gal and I don't like conversations about our health conditions much, but mention them only briefly if a situation calls for it, and generally have more interests to share. But then she now lives out of the way of where we generally visit relatives; very much out of the way. We did visit her home once, when my parents had moved way upstate.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh good heavens!! Yes. I did mean to type imitation. Could I blame it on auto correct?

I sent my niece a message telling her someone had pneumonia and the crazy phone changed it to ammonia.
                        Last edited by ladyebug; 04-14-2015, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X