Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ April Fool's Day

Morning all

I'm up super early to have a breathing treatment. Had to sleep sitting up. Man, this crud is BAD! If I don't improve, I'll be seeing my dr. tomorrow.

And, of course, I'm in the middle of making 3 pound cakes to sell and gearing up to leave for our weekend getaway in Biloxi.

Have to get through today - meeting with accountant at 10am and then have to run my monthly statements for the rental owners. Oh yay. NOT.

I'm off to the shower and onward. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good morning Pat......been up since wee hours of this a.m. Going thru recipes to find the recipes I want to take with us to Iowa....Pretzel Bun recipe great grands like to make....also couple other main dish recipe in case they come in handy. Easter Sunday morning we are going to a brunch...already arranged by our grands.....we are bringing racks of lamb to have for dinner.....even the great grands loved them when we brought them to a visit last year.....we have the lamb in the freezer.....will bring it in a bag that will keep them frozen.

Hope today will be a warmer day...worst part of this weather is the wind...it has been so strong...

Going to make a run to Kohls today....want to buy something for Dave and Monica;s Grands..they are going to be making dinner for Dave's children on Easter.... Hannah and I colored couple dozen eggs yesterday....first time we used Kool Aid to color the eggs...and they turned out great! Daughter Marianne said she read about using the Kool Aid. Wil; do it again....next year....good Lord willing.

Mike and Leisa are coming to take care of Marianne's cat while we are gone....Snoopy is going to stay with my son Matthew and family. He loves them....when I take him over ...open the car door....he jumps down and runs to their door his tail wagging like crazy. Marianne takes her dog Duke to the kennel. Matt has a female dog...she is about as large as Duke....would not be a good thing. Plua Duke is a dog full of mischief....they would not tolerate his shenanigans.

Pat...sorry you are having breathing problems.....sounds like you have a plan on seeing your doctor if it doesn't get better. Have a good time in Biloxi.

Sending wishes out to all rounders for a good day.

Comment

Good Morning.

Pat, hate to hear you are under the weather. Hope it passes on quickly.

Mickie, I haven't colored eggs in years. Kool Aid sounds great. Must Google it.

Company coming for Easter and I'm going to pull out some glasses we got for our wedding 34 years ago that we've never used. Guess it's now or never.

Really beautiful weather. Wish you could see my yard, there are hundreds of Grape Hyacinths. I planted the bulbs down the sides of the front sidewalk years ago, and there are gone from there but have migrated around the entire yard. Gorgeous!

Well, better get something out of the freezer for lunch. Have a great day!

Comment

Good Morning

Pat.. hope you throw off you Crud... too much going on to be fighting that too.

Mickie.. got yourself really organized..ready to go.

Elaine, I don't color eggs anymore either... but will fill the plastic ones for Bethany's egg hunt.. I bet your yard is pretty with the flowers randomly everywhere.. my daffodils are up 6-7 inches.. last project in October was to weed that flower area ..cleaned it off and now the daffodils will stand out when they go into blooms.

finally got my Easter Dinner ( supper ) plans outlined. and made out my "work schedule" this morning ...which consists of : wipe/wash it...Hide it.....and "we can do without it...".... plus the one that says.... get someone else to do it.....set up extra table /chairs ..

time to get busy... and see if I can stay off the iphone games today...

see you soon Donna,
        Hi Paula..
        hope your feeling better Beth.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning....sorry I didn't post yesterday morning, sure thought I did but I must have hit the enter button instead of post reply...I was off and running yesterday morning, had shopping on my mind and I did just that..it is so WONDERFUL to feel like myself again and to have the strength to do something...found another clothing store I liked, called c.j. Brown..also went to the Justice store to buy from the grandgilrs..then called hubby and told him to meet me after he left work and we had dinner out..some places honor the card I carry for kid prices but other do not..
          Pat so sorry you are feeling under the weather, take care and don't overdo.
          Mickie, sounds like you have things under control, I like to make sure I am ready also, I have to be organized or it drives me crazy!!
          Janet I like your wipe/wash it, or hit it, LOL after the Easter holiday I plan on getting my spare bedroom closets organized as well as the garage, my hubby is no organized at all and it drives me CRAZY!! he calls the garage an organized mess but he knows exactly where everything is.
          Elaine, I love hyacinths, the aroma is so good...I have a few but plan on planting more closer to some of my windows so when they are open the smell will penetrate the house.
          I am making more beef jerky this morning, easiest, tastiest and best way I know to always have protein with me to eat..and I like homemade better than store bought and it is cheaper.
          Looking forward to our trip to GA and seeing my grandgirls...and spending Easter with them.
          Well off and going now, everyone have a wonderful, sunshine filled day.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...sorry you are not feeling well Pat...I hope it doesn't stick around!

I am all broke out and itchy again this morning....The tops of both hands up my arms and one ankle...itches like crazy but have found that if I use the oatmeal lotion it seems to help some...I have called the pharmacy they are going to see if they can get my doc to order steroid cream for me...I will call the doctor's office as well while I am on the bus going to work...

I still have not gotten to shop...maybe today...

Comment

Good morning!
              WE'RE HOME! it's always so good to be back.
              We had a very good trip. E's brother and SIL are doing okay so far. I don't think E's brother said anything new since our last visit, and then he repeats it all each day we are there. SIL is crippled with arthritis, unfortunately, but her mind is still sharp. I think she "plays possum" a lot, though, as little 'escapes' from her husband.
              Visiting with all the kids who belong to E's deceased sister was really nice. They like to joke and laugh a lot. We met at a restaurant for lunch.
              Visiting my brother and his fiancé, that's always good. She comes from Austria, and she can really cook! Always a big spread, lots of food (for company, anyway --- they both are on diets, especially for diabetes). I couldn't believe her homemade kieska (black sausage), just out of this world! She really keeps a clean house, and has a really sharp mind.
              While there I'd mentioned to E about another motel we stayed at before, which he could not remember. So I mentioned the restaurant across the pond from it, which he also didn't remember. I told my brother the restaurant's name is like a hunting supply store's name, and he mentioned it right off the bat! He told E the streets, and when we went to look that was the place! The motel's side of the pond has wild ducks, which are well fed from the patrons, who give them breads and crackers they take from the hotel's breakfast room, or from the Italian restaurant.
              At the restaurant you get a small loaf of sliced bread immediately when you order your beverage. We tasted the Italian bread which was great, and took the rest to the ducks, of course! But we did try a goat-cheese and chicken pizza, which was wonderful, even the side crust.
              The only downside to the trip was the weather, which was snowy the first day, and slushy wet the last day. In. Between was sunny and windy and just plain cold! We had 2 days up in the 40's, though.
              And we did see a herd of young deer at the edge of a park. The last day at BIL's house there was a family of 4 deer foraging in their yard.
              One very nice surprise was the return trip, which went to Phoenix instead of Dallas.....we had a free seat upgrade to First Class. So we had a free meal. They ran out of the ravioli meals, so I got stuck with the Teriyaki dinner. The flight attendent removed the entree from my tray, so I had the entree which contained a chicken appetizer,, a small salad, a roll, and ice cream with a french cookie in it. Which, fortunately, was enough for me. My system doesn't deal well with teriyaki nor soy sauce; and my ankles are still swollen up from the restaurants that all of our meals came from. (His brother & SIL get Meals on Wheels, so we brought the meals they wanted when we visited with them, and they mostly wanted salads.)
              It's good to be home now. The visiting schedule borderlined a bit on hectic. I love the famillies there, but it was US on the go. His brother and SIL did beg us to visit again soon. We mentioned maybe in the fall, but we still have a trip to a DD in November, and a summer trip to another DD. We really can't afford to constantly travel.

My goal is to get my freezer cleared of foods, as well as our pantry, so we can restock the necessities with fresh stuff.

Well, I'm sure I wrote an entire novel here. But that was our trip. Nothing new here at home yet. Today they resume mail delivery.

Pat.....so sorry you're so sick. Hope you can clear it up soon.
              Schmitty, I have to look up that KoolAid technique, too. I love coloring eggs at Easter.
              I haven't even considered Easter dinner yet, Elaine. But it's just the 2 of us.
              Maye, I love your work schedule!!! 😄

To anyone posting as I type this ~~~~~~~ Hi !
              Have a great day, all.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Cool 38º degrees this morning. Went to Dr. yesterday. He gave me a script for prednisone plus a shot. Then went shopp8ng for some groceries. Forgot my list but missed only 2 unimportant items. SIL, Ross drove and Kait went with me shopping. Ross didn't go into the store as he works there and when he goes in people all start to hug him and give there sympathy. That just make him worse. He's not handling things well. Pat, take care of yourself so you can have fun in Biloxi. Have to run. Be well, all.

Comment

Good day, All.
                  I am up earlier to get the refrigerator cleaned out before the garbage truck got here, and I made it!
                  Pat, I hope you can get through this quickly.
                  Our wind started coming up yesterday. It is a pain for allergies, but it is nice for all the lilacs and other flowers we can smell. My lilacs are in full bloom and the neighbors all have some, too, so our whole neighborhood can smell them when the wind is blowing.
                  I am off to the treadmill. Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning all!

Busy day today for me getting ready for my big sale tomorrow. Did sell three dried arrangements to a lady in a wheel chair yesterday. She got herself a push card (they have several for us to use for moving stuff here) and pushed it herself to her room in front of her. Would not accept any help for me. A very independent lady. Need to price things and get them bagged, boxed, or organized for the quick move down the hall tomorrow morning first thing.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                    X