Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ March 30

Helloooo !!

And good morning. Looks like a beautiful day in this neighborhood.

Had nearly 75 people at church yesterday. We are lucky to have 20, so our program was a big hit. We have a new member who was a Navy Chantor. He now leads our music, and it feels like he has given us all a shot of adrenalin when he is conducting. It's wonderful.

Must get to town today. Getting low on supplies.

Hope all is well. It's late, and nobody is here.

Morning all

And... Spring Break is over for Erin and we are back to the grind. Oh YAY. Time for me to go and yell now.

Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning...work today...going with a group from work to get new tennis shoes... I am also hoping for some pretty major shopping after work...I got my tax refund check and will get to spend a part of it...

Comment

Good chilly morning. Where did Spring disappear to? Really ready for some consistent warmer weather. Even though I enjoy winter I am over it for the season. Went to a Bluegrass music benefit to raise money for a man going through bladder cancer, not really a fan of bluegrass music but have two cousins that are in bands and thought it a good time to hear them play and sing and help out a family. Got the house dusted and everything looking good so I will be out and about today, I shop in spurts because I don't like to shop and it breaks it up for me..need to have meat sliced so I can make more beef jerky, my protein go to..well that is all the info I have. So hope everyone has a warm sunshiney day.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning

I hope I remember to hit the post reply this morning... I didn't yesterday and I posted last night at some late hour..
          with all the stuff about the problem with our second car....
          ...rainy day .. still very overcast .. we need to go back and finish our groc shopping... (the "car-that-wouldn't -start" put an end to
          my plans for that after lunch yesterday).. not in any hurry ,, David is taking second snooze in the recliner... so all is peaceful for the moment..

Elaine, that was a church full of folks !.. Love to hear the singing when that happens..
          Beth, have fun shopping .
          Pat.. one kind of crazy vacationers done ... now to be busy with nice quiet families. ...

Got to make contact today with Karen.. get the Easter dinner timing ..got to coordinate our eating with Bill's family. ...then get on with planning the food..

be back later to read.. you all behave today..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was sunny for the most part, but boy did it pour last night with the wind whipping away too.

I don't think I got to check in yesterday. I've been marooned in my kitchen, which isn't a bad thing. Saturday I made & froze sloppy joes, taco meat, 2 pan of lasagna, a pot of chicken rice soup, and a carrot cake. All but the soup are going to PA with me. Yesterday I took the soup and a banana nut cake (found it in my freezer) to our church's potluck dinner. Came home with most of the soup...guess everyone is over wanting soup.,,,Corky will eat it. Came home & made a batch of perogies and froze those. I told a customer I was making some & she ask to buy a couple dozen. Works for me! That paid for my ingredients. The rest are going back to PA with me. Two dozen of them are for part of my bartering with my hairdresser. She's also getting bbq pork, cheesy potatoes, and sugar cookies. She's cutting my hair, Blaise's, and Becca's. She's getting fed & we are getting cut up.

Oh...I was thinking about our Realtor here on Saturday afternoon...thinking she BETTER NOT call asking to show the house...guess who called right then? YUP! A couple from the Cleveland area wanted to find a house to rent to buy IMMEDIATELY because the husband is getting transferred here in a couple weeks. It was around 1pm and I ask for a late showing so we could pick up & me finish up with my cooking. Corky picked up & swept...I finished up my cooking & cleaned the kitchen. They came, they looked, and they decided on the empty house they looked at before ours. They left & I baked the carrot cake. Oh well...the house looks clean again. It's to the point that it doesn't take much anymore to get ready except in the kitchen.

Today is going to be another kitchen day. I hope to bake 3 apple pies & freeze them all. Two are going back to PA with me & the other is for a friend/customer from church. They'll all be thawed & reheated on Easter. Corky & I might be going out for Chinese for a late lunch. Kathy's coming by and hanging out with Blaise. Will pick up some pecans while out and come home and bake some pecan pie cookies & delicate sandwich cookies. Will take some of those back to PA along with some sugar cookies. The pecan pie cookies are Micah's favorite & I'll be giving him a bag of them to take back to school. Sunday is his birthday.

Today the house in PA is being inspected by the township guy and Wednesday by the nit picky guy. We had our friend Jim go in on Saturday to change the water filter, turn the water on, and let all the spigots run for a while to flush out the pipes. Hope it passes today's inspection. I don't think I'll jump for joy until these inspections are over & the buyers say OK. I'm just so gun shy anymore that I'm afraid to be overjoyed yet. My sugar levels can attest to that. I can't get them under control.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
              We're about to go out the door for the day. Our last sayin MI. Tomorrow, home.
              Today is sunny, should be close to mid-50's. (But tomorrow snow & rain showers).
              The visits are all good. Nice to see everyone again.
              Well, we're off now. Have a great day!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. 47º outside. I forgot to turn of the heat last night so I heard it come on once. It has never gotten really cold inside here even when it freezes.

I love going out just at dawn when the "bird chorus" is starting. Lots of Purple finches and they really can trill once they're started.Lily always has to go out as soon as we get up. Poor baby has a tummy ache this morning. I think it's because I gave her some of the meat from my short ribs. Won't do that again.
                won't buy anymore tomorrow as they were delicious but way to rich for my old tummy.

Lunch at Community hall today but haven't decided if I will go or not. Have to decide by 8:30 as that's when Mike calls to see who is going.

Cookie draining spigots reminded me of the old house. After I left and we did the sale no one was around much. When I went back to check things and turned on the water it smelled like rotten eggs. Took a long time to drain all those pipes from the well to the house. Never had the water do that when it was being lived in. Maybe I should leave a note so no one thinks it's that way all the time.

Things to do so will ~~~~~~~~

Comment

It is a beautiful morning but cold..in the 30s to start. Going out to breakfast then must come home and work around here. I have been on the run since last Wednesday plus I need to have the refrigerator looked at. Doesn't seem to be cold enough and I have even turned it up to the highest setting. Do not want the cost of a new one cutting into my vacation stash. Since this is Sierra's gift I am stashing for two. No appliance is made for repair anymore...they want you to replace. My new phone has bested me for months so I am going to run into the AT&T store for a little tutoring.

Comment

Good morning! Up and at 'em here and ready for another week.
                    Seems like all had a good weekend.
                    I have to get calendars printed for daycare and then open things up.
                    We went to another local museum yesterday for Becky's Humanity class assignment. Picked up a brochure that shows all of them in the area. I din't know there were so many. This one had journal entries from a man who came down the Lassen trail, a break-off of the Oregon Trail...he made it, but just barely. Some of his later entries were of eating the last little bit of his candle (tallow) and sharing the wick with his dog and killing a bluejay and boiling it...He was the first to settle in that area, just a few miles south of Red Bluff.
                    Ok, I hope all of you have a good day!.

Comment

Good morning all!

Did not sleep well last night so hope I can squeeze a couple of naps in with everything else I have to do today.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Working...
                      X