Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ March 25th

Morning all

Wow - where did March go? Hard to believe Easter is next weekend.

I'm off today - volunteered to work Saturday since it will be super busy. Going to get my blood work done this morning and mop the kitchen. Tons of laundry to do too.

And at some point make a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few needed items.

But first, more coffee. Y'all have a
    good 'un!

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Good Morning Pat and all others that pass this way today...supposed to get some rain here today I believe, but hoping it holds off I need to make a trip to the mall and get some Easter things for my grandgirls.
    Posted a picture on yesterday mornings post of me and Donna, will post another one here today.Enjoyed her visit so much.
    Only housework on my agenda is to strip two beds and wash the sheets, and do a little dusting..and then figure out what to fix for supper.
    Hope everyone is doing great...love, hugs and best wishes for a wonderful day!!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sharon, I thought you said you posted a picture of you and Donna. I see Donna, but I don't see you. Who is the lady standing next to Donna ?
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

joystoy, LOL

Donna and Sharon, wonderful photo. The only thing missing is the rest of us there with you. So glad you had such a wonderful time.

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. But the cat had other ideas. I was watching a move on my ipad, and he couldnt resist. Crazy cat.

Well, doing absolutely nothing today except cooking lunch - catfish.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Jostoy, I know how that can be I walked past a mirror in the house and got scared, yelled "how did you get in my house?" and then realized it's really me!!
          ladyebug, thank you, sure wish more could have been here...I would love to be at your house for lunch, love catfish...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny FRIGID day. I woke up through the night hearing rain & it's a very dark dreary morning...what a change.

Jostoy...that is Sharon & me. She got skinny &; I got fluffy.

Sunday evening we got an offer on this house from the people that looked at it a second time Sunday afternoon. After I got to Sharon's, I got a call from our realtor that once they went to talked to their lender, it was discovered that they had filed for bankruptcy 2 yrs ago...guess who got turned down now? Another USDA loan person. My realtor was very frustrated too. She'd never had someone turned down & now we've had 2 in 10 days. I told her I didn't want anymore USDA loan people through unless they had approval papers in hand & were serious. Fortunately I didn't get my hopes up on this last one, so I wasn'ta crying mess on Sharon. LOL!

We had a lovely time. Didn't do anything big & exciting, but that was OK. Sharon took me on a tour of her town & showed me the places she has lived, then we went out for lunch. Talked, & talked, & talked some more. She has a lovely home & Doug is a sweetheart. It was very kind of him to want me for another day, but real life was calling me home. I got home about an hour before having to pick up Blaise. Stopped at the gym and walked until it was time to go get him. He ran out & jumped into my arms & gave me lots of hugs & kisses. It pays to leave for a while. Came home & called a local market that butchers their own meat. I ask about beef bones & they had just finished butchering a cow. I went right over & purchased a bag of bones to make more broth. Lynn at the gym purchased the 6 pints/bags of turkey broth I had made last week that was frozen...she'll try selling it. Now we are trying beef.

I was cooking dinner when Kathy came in. She stayed. After dinner her & I had a chat. She got a speeding ticket this weekend...was going 93 in a 70 mph zone. (shaking head) She also showed me where Russell bit her...teeth marks & big bruise. I talked to Cork and I think we are going to suggest we yank her out & her stuff. I think she should go to the battered womens shelter so he can't find her. She's having her final interview at Meijer's & when (not if!) she gets offered the job, she's going to apply at the apartments here in town that charges according to your income. Right now it's a race to see who gets out of there first. He's put more holes in doors & walls, and she doesn't want to be held responsible. Her life is a mess! We really don't want her moving back in with us, but I don't want to see her stay & be someones punching bag. She'd call the police on him again, but he's the one paying the bills right now.

Plan to ice sugar cookies today. Got an email from a friend/customer who heard through the grapevine that I was coming back at Easter. She ask if I was baking sugar cookies. She bought the remaining 3 doz extra I was making. Works for me!

BTW...not only did I chat with Sharon, I called Jo/Busybee and Aunt Janet...had nice chats with both of them and talked to Elaine on Sunday. My husband just laughs & shakes his head. Just cause he doesn't reach out & touch people doesn't mean I cann't....LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...not sure what day will bring...I just want it to be itch free!

Comment

Very good Morning .... except its raining .cold and I was awake all night!... was reading and instead of making me sleepy . I just wider awake... but did get a couple hours 4-7. of sleep... not much on my to-do list ...was going to clean the front porch really well. but without sunshine. and warm... that idea got dumped. . have a library trip to make.. and should cook a really good dinner... Have some tilapia in the freezer.yum...
                Donna, too bad about the couple .... why do they bother to look if the don't know whether they can get financing?.....

Good Picture... Sharon,,, you look terrific... hope you are feeling much better!... Donna ,I love how you look any way you look... see you Good Friday.

Hi Pat. and Beth and all to come
                Keep packing Nalani... it almost moving time.
                Hi Paula... made a list last night . so I know what to do today
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thunder and lightning last night...the sound and sight of spring! More expected tonight. In spite of the up and down temps everything is beginning to bud and turn green. Made arrangements for new grass cutters....the old are high school boys who are off to college. Time is passing...

Comment

Good morning. Much to do today. Leaving before sunup tomorrow.
                    Yes, Easter is very close. I'm thinking of posting April calendar/events this week, since we will be gone.
                    Great pic of you gals, Boff --- thanks.

Elaine, the only time I had catfish was at your Roundup! Delicious! I'd love to show up for lunch!
                    But Costco had their albacore tuna on sale, 33% off. I made a very simple tuna salad with some, and it was yummy!

Cookie, I thought so often about your cookies, I almost ordered more. But weight and sugar went up. Since doc took me off cow/dairy, I switched to Almond Milk Light......very low in calories, very high in calcium and protein! My sugar isn't a problem now, but the weight I'm working on. E bought me the Silk Chocolate milk for snacking, and it's yummy!
                    Sorry about the people looking at the house. One of these days the right person will come along, and I hope it's soon!

Hi Maye, Beth, Jostoy, and all who follow.
                    Have a great day!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I hope Costco albacore is on sale here,major. Did you need a coupon?
                      Oh, good morning!
                      I have three Very Talkative kids right now. That, plus the garbage truck noise has made for a noisy morning.
                      I am trying to make the picture bigger of Donna and Sharon, but haven't figured it out yet.
                      I started a new book and stayed up later reading, which helped me not wake up in the middle of the night. Still Aluce.
                      Have a great day!

Comment

Coupon wasn't needed, Paula. It was on special, and taste samples were being given out. The nice thing about their tuna, it really is solid packed! Just enought liquid in the can to keep it moist.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Quick goodmorning all!

Nice picture of Donna and Sharon!

Back later. I hope

Comment

Working...
                          X