Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ March 24

Good Morning, Friends

Looks like winter is officially over down here. The yard is full of Grape Hyacinths, and the tulips are pushing up.
    If the yard were not so spongy from all the rain, it would be time to clean work on some shrubbery, but that will have to wait.

I am excited - going to a new hairdo person today. Just wanted a change.

Pat, I know tons of people with heart murmurs - my mother and my husband are just two of them.
    Mickie, so glad to hear from you. Hope those crazy spells disappear. Could it have something to do with your blood sugar?

Well, I finished The Hundred Foot Journey in one day. I hate it when I like a book so well that I can't put it down. I know one thing, I don't want any French Cuisine.

Hope you each have a day filled with sunshine. Hugs ~ ~ ~

Morning all

Yes, I went to the new Dr. yesterday and she mentioned I have a heart murmur and wants me to have an echocardiogram ASAP. Unfortunately my pocketbook dictates when/if I have it. And I know tons of people with the murmur who have no problems too. I think the tests are just to set a baseline for any future changes. She also wants me to have a mammogram, colonoscopy, and tons of lab work. And see a dermatologist about a raised area on my neck that has been there for years. Again, it all depends on co-pays and my pocketbook.

Otherwise, nothing much new here. Erin's iPhone died last night and I certainly do NOT have the money to replace it. I told her to call her Granny.

Work, work, and more work. We are booked solid for the entire next month and the phone still rings off the hook all day with people wanting reservations. Good luck to them.

I need more coffee. Y'all have a good 'un!

Last edited by Pat B; 03-24-2015, 06:40 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good Morning to all...Donna and I are having such a good visit, she just got up and I am sad she will be leaving, maybe I can convince her of just one more day, LOL...Will post a picture once I put it on the computer. She brought goodies of course, hubby was in heaven, he is a cookie monster..I love having her here, the time just went way to fast, we never lacked for something to talk about...hubby even thought she should stay another night also..
      Pat, pocketbooks dictate a lot of things, only you know what, when and how..yes heart murmurs are lived with all the time..
      Will check back in later, don't want to miss any time with Donna.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning...Update on Dad...The doctor is he has really really bad arthritus...gave him something for pain and a muscle relaxer. He has also ordered more test...I bought a different body wash at the store yesterday...apprently I can't use it...I am broke out this morning...I am hoping that my payee will have a bar of sensitive soap that I can trade for....mom told me to check with her...if not she will take it...

Work today.....may go visit my parents after work if its not raining...IF its raining when I get off work I will cook dinner for me and another little lady in the building.

Comment

GoodMorning.

getting a late start this morning... was awake about 2;30am but got back to sleep ..D and Kat were quiet so I got to sleep until 7.30... I should feel great today...
          supposed to have lady, children lesson this forenoon .. have not heard from her. and I won't call her......her responsibility to show up... if she don't .. I will have another "Teacher" says talk with her...

first person went off DWTSs... altho. he was better this week , I was glad Redfoo was the one..

Pat... most of what your Dr. wants is for baseline for her... but understand the co-pay costs... btdt... I have lady Dr. who loves to order tests.... I guess in this sue-happy world we live in... the Dr. just can't let their judgement be the guide anymore..

Boff.. so happy you and Donna had a great time.... she needed to relax and laugh a lot...

be back later .. got to get my self moving off this chair..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning rounders.....woke up too early.....but did get some paper organizing done.... Have an appointment with my family doctor....my daughter Monica has decided she is coming with me...to be sure the doc knows what has been going on with me.....being a Nurse...she will know what it was called and what the cause is..... I am glad she will be with me....she does that periodically...even when I have had other issues... I am very lucky to have three Nurses in the family......son Matt's wife is a Nurse as well.

Dave brought a Rotisserie chicken last night......I had lready put together an AuGratin Potato casserole....and had a chopped salad mixed and ready. He and Hannah as well were upset....but I told them I cannot be completely idle...would not work for me.

We are stilll having cold weather here....hope it is not as windy as it was yesterday...

I missed DWTS last night.....usually I have it taped...but missed it....no biggie...

Hope all you special ladies have a great day.

Comment

Good morning, all. Cooler today at 41º. No rain in the near future. I'm beginning to dread this summer.

Joy called me from AZ yesterday and I think we talked for about an hour She coming home next month. My favorite grandson is coming from VA for his dad's 70th birthday so she will get to see him on her way home. She will be staying with her cousin, Robin.
              Robin is only a few months younger than Joy and even though I divorced her uncle almost 50 years ago, I'm still her Aunt Barbara.

Allergies are up and running this morning. Inhaler but trying to stay off the Benadryl.

Pat, that's why I changed Dr's. He raised his co-pay so much that I had to find someone I could afford.

'Bout all for now. Everyone have a nice day.

Comment

Good morning.
                I woke about 5:15 this morning. It's still pretty dark here. Today will be about mid-80's (this weekend hits 90°!). Gotta get E to get that new timer on the garden faucet. He bought a simpler one this time.
                Also need to run to Costco for a few things, then I need to finish laundry today. And seriously need to get out my stuff for packing. I'm trying to semi-ignore the fact that our trip takes us to where their day temps (mid-40's with some rain) are lower than our low night temps (in the mid and high 50's).
                But, it will be so nice to see family again.

Pat, my Dad had a heart murmur "all his life" I was told. In those days one didn't see doctors much, and he never took medication for it, til he was much, much older. Yes, the pocketbook dictates a lot. Medical care and medications are costly, sometimes it seems ridiculously so.

Sharon, I love Donna's baking, and it's hard to not want 2nds, even 3rds, of her goodies. Looking forward to seeing the picture!

To everyone..... Have a wonderful day.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I was awake a lot last night. I'm think I went to sleep too early, then the dog woke me up. I read awhile till my eyes got tired enough to sleep.
                  Your visit sounds like some real fun is going on, Boffler! Enjoy all the time you two have!
                  Oh, during my awake time last night I decided to take off Good Friday. So, I need to go type up a notice to give parents a heads up. Most of them will be off that day, but if I am open they will bring their kids. I need a day off to get ready for the Easter weekend myself!
                  Elaine, enjoy your salon day. I love my new hair cut. More layers and a bit shorter.
                  Stay awake, happy and healthy!

Comment

Good morning all!

My son has a heart mummer. Never had a problem with it.

Have a good visit, Boffler and Donna! Want pictures.

Busy day ahead. Back later.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Slept horrible last night so slept in this morning. I am showered but not moving....seems the more I have to do the slower I move. Maybe I can blame the rain and cold. Saw on the weather that there was a strip of pink we were in the middle of so no wonder the heat is on. Back into the closet today to sort some more...this time clothes. I know the rule is if you haven't worn it in a year pitch it but what if I need it someday? You never know, that snug, won't cover my belly look might become fashionable! I can fill a trash can with other peoples stuff but mine is so darn valuable.

Comment

Donna & Sharon aka cookielady & Boffler Enjoyed her visit so so much, hated for her to leave...she won the hubby over with cookies, LOL
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Thank you for the photo. I saved it! Two lovely ladies, you are!!!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                          X