Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ March 22

Greetings!

Rain yet again. I have never seen water rushing down the sides of our country roads like it is now. It's pretty darn amazing. I haven't tried to walk on the grass. We would probably sink to China. Crazy.

Well, I made that Key Lime Cake. Hope the folks at church eat it. It is such a pretty color. Also making a pasta casserole. People can't survive on cake alone.

Nothing to talk about. Got a lovely call from Donna yesterday. Love that girl!

Hope everyone is doing well. Barb, are you OK?

Have a very good Sunday.

YAY! It's Sunday - and our only day off. I was so exhausted when I got home I fell asleep on the couch. Chris woke me up and took me out for hot wings for dinner.

Today I MUST clean house. Already unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher before I even had coffee. Sat butter out on the counter to soften to bake something too.

At 4pm we will attend the memorial for my friend, Mark, who passed away last month from pancreatic cancer. It will be a hoot because Mark definitely WAS. Lots of funny stories will abound today.

Off to the kitchen to get started. Y'all have a good 'un.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning

sun is shining ,, there is hope for Spring yet!...

Elaine,...that is fairly normal weather for us.. after the winter snows.. we get that ,,,,call it April "showers'..
      Pat. happy baking ...

finished and put away the big puzzle. will put card table away..and continue my house "Clean off the tops " purging.. trying to get a neater look to my house. might not be possible.. I like to stack stuff where I can reach it. ....

need more coffee.. read a tad too late last night . so will set and Ponder awhile before I get moving .

be back later today
      Hi Paula...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Morning! The sun is shining. Yesterday was pretty dreary for the most part.

I'm not feeling so good this morning. Debating about going to church, but probably will. My stomach is doing a number on me. I CAN NOT get sick...I'm looking forward to my visit with Sharon tomorrow.

Yesterday was semi productive. We had the house ready for showing & went to the library for about an hour because they were to be here btw 11am & 11:30am. We got back here about 11:45am & I commented that it looked like nobody had come. I was loading the crock pots in the trunk when they pulled in. Finished loading and we left again. I delivered the crock pots & then went to Meijers to pick up a few items. Made several phone calls...my husband laughed at me. Finally got my icing made for the cookies. Now to find time to start icing the cookies. These house showings are cramping my style.

Today we have another showing at 2pm. Right in the middle of everything. I can't come home & start icing because then the kitchen will look messy. Will have to wait until we get back at 2:30 & by then I might want to take a nap....LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
          I've been awake for an hour, since 4:30a - no sign of sunrise yet.
          My plans today - shower and wash my hair, read the paper, find something to make a meal of tonight (maybe meat loaf).
          Tomorrow we go back to the clinic. I have labs, and E has to find out who screwed up his lab appointment.
          Looks like a quiet day here today. No, not quiet once E gets up. He's full of jokes and a need to have music on. The mourning doves are mating, so he will be cooing at them if he hears them. He barks back at the neighborhood dogs, then they're all barking. I guess that's what comes from growing up in a large family. In my family, my brother was out with his buddies a lot; I'd be reading or drawing if I wasn't with my friends. My Dads frequent comment was "Kids should be seen and not heard. Now go play in your room!" (Is there irony in that, or what! &#128516
          Our temps reach the 80's today, and the high 80's by the week's end. My garden is planted as of yesterday, but we have to replace the watering timer on the soaker hose. Got tomatoes, beans, multicolor peppers, green onions, radishes, carrots, lettuce, strawberries....and flower "truffles" (mud balls with flower seeds) to attract bees. Guess I'll be watering by hand til he gets the replacement timer. We replace it every year, thanks to the fierce heat that summer brings. Might try to urge him out today to get it.
          Hope you have a gorgeous Sunday. 🌷🌷🌷
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning, all. Weather report gives 65% chance of rain late tonight. Still not holding my breath. Hoping for the "March Miracle" that has happened a number of times.

Thanks for asking, Elaine. Taking it small bites at a time. Wed and Thur were really bad days. I read a lot to distract me but I have to get used to her not phoning me every day. Big enough bite for right now. Later.

Comment

Good morning all!

Donna, there seems to be lots of showings for you house which is good, but tiring for you and the family. But one of these people will realize it is the perfect house for them. This is a good time of the year to sell I think.

Will have a beautiful day today. Yesterday was nice and got a nice walk in.

Will go to the chapel service this morning and am giving my 3 remaining hand knit sweaters to the chaplain's wife who has been admiring them. Won't need them on Maui. Have a few chores to do around the house and then it's read and play on my computer.

Have a good day all!

Comment

morning

Comment

Good morning! I am sitting here with wet hair, but I want to post before it is late again....
                  Barb, you just do what you can and you take the time you need. find comfort and put your needs at the top of your priorities. Times like these I wish we were all closer so we could drop in and bring something. Hugs to you!
                  Maye, I have said I am flat surface challenged, which is a nice way of saying if there is a table, shelf, or chair, I will find something to put on it. Yesterday while I was sitting at the table, I grabbed a bag and started "purging" my side of all the extra papers and mail that I had stacked. I have too many notebooks.
                  I have a goal of not starting a new book until I have totally Spring cleaned my living/dining area. I went to a friends new house yesterday, just down the street. Big mistake! Everything had been redone, and it looks perfect. I guess that it was a good thing, because I came home and saw tings here differently. Less is more, Paula, is my new mantra.
                  I need to go do my hair. and get dressed for church...
                  Donna, with all the activity in showing the house, it seems like the market is starting to move there. Fingers crossed and keeping you all in my prayers. Your attitude is always so positive!
                  Can't wait to hear how the church group likes your cake, Elaine and to hear what Pat decides to make. I am making a cake for a friend's daughter who has been sick and having a time at school. One of those with Peeps around the side and M&M's on the top, except I am using Mini eggs (Cadbury's) for the top. Will make a chocolate cake.
                  Enjoy the day!

Comment

Good Morning, just finished making a Orange Dreamsicle Cake (diabetic) got it from WW years ago and love it...(just in case Donna gets to visit)
                    Donna, sure hope your not coming down with something, but doesn't it seem something always happens when you -plan- something? It does for me, that is why lots of times I am an on the whim type of gal..
                    Sure hope not, so looking forward to your visit!!!!! Excited!!!
                    Yesterdays surprise 90th birthday party was a big success, Grandpa was really surprised especially when his two sisters arrived, food was great, people laughing and sharing, and amazing we had pictures showing on the tv and hubby says to our youngest son, "do you know who that woman was", he said he didn't, hubby says, "that is your Mom"...I wasn't always overweight, LOL...it was taken in 1983. Not much else going on here, hubby is finishing up the painting and sealing the backsplash he just completed...so everyone have a great day.
                    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Just talked to Sharon...I'm coming! I think it was those handsful of peanuts I ate last night that was doing a number on me. My sugar level was up this morning. I just can't stop myself when it comes to peanuts. I've got a pie in the oven right now. Will make the house smell wonderful! Will be taking it over to my neighbor Toni's once we get home. It's for her SIL. Toni has been watching their daughter while they went on a mini-vacation. They are coming back this evening & leaving tomorrow morning to go back home. Toni's son-in-law is in Special Ops and it's my small way of thanking him for his service. He LOVES pie, so I've got an apple pie baking. Corky cringed as I was rolling out the dough...flour everywhere! LOL!!!

Comment

Ok. they were here for almost an hour. We came back after a half an hour & they were all still here. Took a lil Sunday drive and came back. They were still here, but were just leaving, so were drove around the cul-da-sac and watched until they left. Pray hard they come through with a good offer.

Comment

To me, that long of a visit is a good sign, Donna!

Comment

Ditto that, Donna! I hope this is the one!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula .. visiting someone house who is a neatnix... always sends me home with the urge to start tossing stuff out. or into drawers... ...
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X