Whats Yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Yours?

Have your given any thoughts to your "Goals".?

here are some of mine..

Short term goals of mine.............almost all of my goals have to be considered short terms

1. make a written list of places in the house that need Purged..
    .....so much old papers. books , clothes. shoes. dishes. etc etc.. need discarded

2. do something that is on that list every day... even if it is only a small amount

3. make a written list of household jobs that need attention ..
    ......plan to hire help to get curtains, windows. and all over- head ,ladder climbing jobs done by help.
    ......set up a guide to slowly complete each room.. (thats part of a long-term I guess)

4. get back to going to church on regular schedule.

Long term goals.

1. continue to take care of my health.. physically and mentally stay alert by reading, doing puzzles. continue teaching piano as long as possible.

2. make it a habit to get in touch with each family member once a week.. as a minimum..

3. spend more time reading the Bible.. and reflecting on the the truths in it.

4. Eat a more balance diet.. need to lose some "belly" fat. '''

Whats your goals?...
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

You're sure one organized person, Maye. I don't do Lists of goals any more. I probably should.
    On the law of averages, lists get lost. I'm doing good just getting stuff done as I need to.
    I have one of two iPads available at all times, so when I take a break or relax, I do get in touch with family or friends. My "balanced diet" is a cookie in each hand! 😉
    Actually, I'd have a healthier diet if E didn't buy goodies so often. Now, to teach him about "serving sizes"! It's getting to be that time of year when baking isn't the greatest idea....I try to curb the ingredients I use with healthier substitutes.
    Purging, needed everywhere! I now have gifts in their original boxes that I plan to regift. My kids don't understand "we don't have surface space"! I get "decorative" stuff that - well, they mean well, I'm sure - but it's accumulating and there really isn't space for it. But Goodwill makes a small fortune off of us.
    The Cancer Center gets my discarded books. Last drop-off was 99 books.
    .........and life goes on!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

1. Work on my quilts
      2. Do a bit more decorating in the house
      3. Find valances for the windows
      4. Organize the two spare bedroom closets
      5. Get the motorhome stocked with all the things we need (has nothing at all in it now) so will have to make a list
      6. Spend more quality time with the hubby and friends..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I make lists and more lists it seems. One for each day and what I have to do.

My goal is to get everything done that needs to be done to make this move, get there safely and get everything put away and in order when I get there. Have a spiral note book and have been writing everything that needs to be done in there. Once I have done it I put a check mark by it. So many things to do in the next couple of months that I hope I survive it.

Comment

JoG ... you can see where my real-life niece Donna,,, (cookie).. gets her organizing skills from... ....
          I actually work and get more done if I have a list and can check it off.... without a list I go from this to that . and never seem to get any thing quite finished..

eating better is going to be harder... I like a cookie in each hand too.

Boff...I loved making the quilts... I was about the age you are now that I made the majority of them... but that stage is done.. I made over 80 afghans.. yes, I have a list of them.. and who received them... and still make an occasional gift one..
          a tip.. when you are organizing the bedroom closet . take a notebook and write down what is in each one.. what each shelf holds. etcetc... it is amazing how helpful that can be when you are looking for something ... I called my notebook "House Inventory" and did/now needs / updated..

Comment

I got a whole lot more done when my kids were younger, at home. People wondered how I kept up with everything, including their schedules. I had calendars, listing recurring activities, appointments, and things that NEEDED to be accomplished. It worked out great, then. Somehow the calendars stayed in my head, and I didn't need to look things up.
            My world changed drastically when I got sick. I don't schedule more than two activities on any day. Morning and afternoon. Accomplishing more than that is a bonus.
            I was telling E just last night as we were talking about the health progress I've made over the years and now the docs are happy with where I'm at, that the day I can get myself totally back to "normal", that's the day I'll probably die. :roll eyes:
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Nalani, I have spiral notebooks, too. I made lists of Everything that needs cleaning in each room. I put them in categories by the time needed. So anytime I have just a few minutes I can check out a job that takes just a few.
              I also made a list of Things to Do Instead of eating
              I should check that one more often. But, the room by room cleaning list has made it easier to clean or to quickly assign a job if Becky asks what is needed.
              Maye, that piano playing is probably the best brain exercise of all.if you decide to read a little each day, Maye, in your Bible, it is a great short term goal.
              This is a good thread. Now I am going to update my lists!

Comment

I just realized I don't have a goal list. I have a To Do list.
                Better figure out my goals.

Comment

Paula my to do list and goals are pretty much one in the same, 😉😊
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Life has a funny way of mocking any goals I make. So I keep it simple now - live every day to the fullest and try to get this teenager raised.
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat .raising Erin is a Short term and Long term goal.....it never ends...(I hope you are happy to hear that )... the baby Cord of dependence has to be cut so she can mature and become an adult ..( closer to 20)... then she will become a friend...but you will always be Mom...

Paula.. I just knew you were my kind of people... notebooks, to-do list .. thats me too.... I did not make out a list yesterday and did not get anything accomplished.. except play Trivia.. and watch DWTSs....not one thing cleaned or thrown out.. so it's back to the notebooks and list s today...
                      ...... I like to keep that short,quick list too... while waiting for student to arrive ,I dust my downstairs . or do a touchup clean of the bathroom.
                      the reading of the Bible , it the EVERY day part I need to work on.. making a note,, lay Bible on my pillow.. read as soon as I hop into bed.

how about the rest of you???????

Comment

Goals to me are like New Years resolutions...sounded real good at the time but to actually complete any? I tend to put things off until I get an urge to deal with them. If I had any goals it would be to call a realtor and work of selling this place but so far that urge hasn't hit me. I envy you people who set goals and make list...bet when you open a closet nothing falls out at you. To me opening a closet is an adventure!

Comment

Maxie, we are alike on this topic, I think.
                          Here, don't call it a mess, it's "organized stacks" of stuff to deal with later.
                          I'm not really a "slob", but at this point of living "relaxed living" takes over. 😉
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X