Cruise Plans Crushed 😢

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Plans Crushed 😢

We did attend GD's wedding onboard the ship.

But we couldn't go on the cruise. It turned out that E brought the wrong passport and didn't realize he had the expired one instead of the new one. They wouldn't accept his military ID card or drivers license as proof of residence. But a birth certificate would be accepted.

So we went through another line for different (non cruise) papers. We put our luggage in DDs room on board. Then enjoyed the wedding. Short and sweet. Went to some room on the other side of the ship to the reception. Looked like a cold buffet.
    We wished the couple well with some champagne, but left before the wedding cake was cut. 😖

Then on the way out of the ships terminal, I had a fall. I'm okay, but will have bruised knees. Security put me in a wheelchair and took me to the parking terminal.

We got a hotel room for a couple of nights and will do some sightseeing tomorrow. Lots to see here.
    Tonight I'm just resting, though. E bought frozen dinners for tonight so we don't have to deal with restaurants tonight.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

I'm so sorry you didn't get to go on the cruise. How disappointing. Glad you got to go to the wedding though.

Comment

Wedding Picture
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Beautiful! Actually....you look dressier than your daughter. I don't know why she was worrying what you wore when she was only wearing pants & jacket. Very nice picture. Do they do all the weddings before the cruise?

Comment

Jo you look very pretty!!

Comment

Good wet morning .... supposed to have sunshine later,, I hope

ahhhh..JoG what a disappointment... but you never know ,maybe this was the best after all.....and you did get to see the main event!.

Church yesterday with piano student and parents ,very nice. was in a Presby. Church.. I felt right at home...after belonging to same for 40 years. and the bulletin has not changed at all. ... excellent minister, sermon... if the Church was closer I would be tempted to go there every Sunday..
            Danielle was nervous , had a few mistakes that only I heard.. because I knew the song. ,,,but she never falter. David went over to the sawmill again. came home really tired... they just don't know when to stop!.. seems ok this morning . I think I will stop worrying about him..

I will be back after everyone has posted .see you later.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Oh, Jo! I'm so sorry But there are no accidents, so I agree that it was probably a good thing.

You amaze me that after all you've been through with your health you are still able to do the things you do. You have a wonderful life partner, even if he did foul this up. LOL

(((((Jo and Ellis))))))

Comment

Great picture, you and Ellis look very 'spiffy'. God love him, he always so organized, sure it made him feel really bad but was probably for the best anyways...hope your knees are okay.
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh, sorry that the cruise didn't get to happen, but so happy you were able to attend the wedding. I agree: you and E look great!
                  Enjoy your time away and being just the two of you!

Comment

Sorry about the mix up but the road trip was not wasted since you did get to the wedding. Hope you are not to sore after the fall. You and E looked great!

Comment

Sorry you didn't get to cruise but happy you got to make the wedding, Are they offering you some sort of compinsation?

Comment

Thank you all for the compliments and comments. No, I'm not blaming E or mad at him or anything. Things happen. And yes, he feels terrible about it.
                        Today I'm sore all over, but I think movement and walking will work it out. I just brewed a pot of coffee and will actually drink some with E. Nice hotel room with a view of the ocean and the Queen Mary.
                        Darla, we will likely be getting a refund, they told us the company was nice about these things.
                        Coffee....then breakfast. We slept in late this morning. It's 8 a.m. here!

Oh, yes.....there were 4 weddings! All completed before general boarding for the cruise.

Cookie, As for outfits, I was surprised to get there and see everyone is many types of clothing, most were casual. Heck, my everyday muumuus would have been fine. Even the grooms mother was wearing a shift, white with a gold-diamond pattern. Fancy, but not terribly formal. I expected they'd be dressed to the gills in finery and jewels.
                        the MIL was telling me she had a GYN surgery 3 weeks ago..... She's really milking it for all its worth. (My hairdresser had the same surgery at the same time, and was back to work in 2 days.) lol.
                        No DD wasn't wearing formal, but it was a brand new outfit, so she was happy with herself. Her DD in the wedding party wore a formal gown, and a family friend of the girls' wore a lovely lace formal gown. None of the other men wore a formal suit either, some a tie, others not. So E didn't need to buy a formal suit...but hadn't anyway.
                        She is a bossy person, and these days we just overlook most of it. We settle for something nice, comfortable, and call it "good enough".
                        Last edited by JoGee; 10-17-2016, 11:30 AM.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So sorry you didn't get to go on the cruise. What a disappointment but maybe you can go on another one soon, just you and Ellis. What a beautiful couple and you all looked lovely. Glad you weren't hurt too much about the fall.

Comment

Thanks, Nalani. We probably will.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Monday: we went to the Aquarium. Had a junk food lunch while there. We were especially amazed at the various sea horses. Then went to visit the Lorikeets. They were friendly and funny. Did lots of walking there. We're both really tired from it all. We forgot to visit his favorite, the Pacific otters the round-faced guys. He loves them. I do, too, actually.

Bus transport is free. Just the bus info isn't at all clear, so we have to ask the drivers. Bus transports are about 15 minutes apart.

Had reservations for dinner on the Queen Mary, but are cancelling them. Instead he's going to try to reserve for lunch there before we leave L.B.
                              Tonight E will fix his specialty, frozen dinners. 😄 Ta-Daaaaaa !
                              I'm good with that.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X