No announcement yet.

Cruise Plans Crushed 😢

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday: We are in Yuma AZ today, a border city to CA. Enroute, where there's miles of nothing but nothing to see, the mountains were a fabulous sight. One long range of mountains appeared to be gigantic piles of boulders. Then suddenly we were in the midst of mountains that looked like gigantic sand dunes. Don't know if we will be able to make it home today, but if we don't we'll make it by tomorrow. At our age we don't drive as far or as long as we used to.

Yesterday we didn't make it to the Queen Mary. Too much going on in town (Grand Prix, I think). Couldn't get reservations early in the day. It didn't help that WiFi at that hotel got problematic and we suddenly had no connections for about 12 hours. He tried phoning instead of online, but no help there, either. So I told him to forget it. Just totally forget it.
    At this point I'm just tired and want to be home.

We did find a nice place to stop at Oceanside. We had a nice snack and I bought some fantastic hand scrub there. Then headed back to the highway til we got here.
    Last edited by JoGee; 10-19-2016, 11:04 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We were home by 3:30 today! E found a nice route home. 😄 Home Sweet Home.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I am soooo happy you got to go to the wedding, but it really stinks that you missed the cruise. I do have to agree with the person who saidcthat, maybe, it was for the best.
        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Thanks, Val.
          The more I think of it, the more I feel it was for the best that we missed the cruise. I can think of half a dozen things that could have gone wrong on the cruise. Embarrassingly wrong, if it were a colostomy bag problem. And I don't see how one can easily get dressed in the stateroom unless you have experience dressing in closet space.
          If we take another cruise at all, I know it will NOT be Carnival Cruise Lines. There are so many things that they do not consider in favor of the passengers. I still recommend Norweigan Cruise Lines!

Now, if only I hadn't had the fall. My aches and pains are minor now, but still there.
          Plus, I'd caught a cold a couple days ago.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoGe, beautiful wedding picture. You and your husband look so good and both of you so happy.

Comment

Thank you for the compliment, Becky. It was an event to remember, even if we weren't on the cruise. 🤗
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X