Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 12..Jan

Good morning everyone..

Rise shine everyone..Early bird get the worm..lol.

Another cold morning rain and snow...
    I wish summer was here...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good morning all. Had a small snow again last night. Agree on the summer thing....
    Last edited by Justy; 01-12-2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Good morning....today is volunteer day...My brother in law needs me to meet him at his house this morning....its going to be a short but cold cold bike ride...I will be fine..and will ask my sis if she has hot chocolate for her coffee maker when I get there...

Not exactly sure what I will do this afternoon because my bike will be at my sisters..

Comment

Morning all

Well, I made it to the 3rd quarter of the game and had to go to bed. *sigh* I really hate getting old! I just can't stay up like I used to! But at least the team I was rooting for won! Chris woke me up to tell me and I fell right back asleep.

It's 36° here this morning, despite the hard freeze warnings we had last night. I have my little space heater running in my office

One of the advantages of being the bookkeeper is I have access to our W-2's. I printed mine and e-filed my taxes last week! But the IRS isn't accepting them until the 19th, so I still won't get my return back until toward the end of the month. I'm planning on using part of my return to take a CAM (Community Association Manager) class at the local college - it's only $269 for a weekend class and then you take the state exam online for about $75. I would then have the credentials in place to replace our manager (who is 75!) whenever he decides to retire. One advantage I would have is I already know the board members/owners and I am very familiar with our finances.

So I'm off to make some coffee and get this office cranked up. Y'all have a good 'un!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Sounds like a plan you have going there, Pat. Now to keep fingers crossed that it works out for you if that is your goal.

Nothing planned for today. Did get out yesterday and did 2 loads of laundry. May do another load today. The condo has a stackable laundry machines so doesn't hold very much. But it's better than having to go to some nasty coin laundry somewhere.

Everyone have a good day. Don't get your ears frost bitten out in the cold.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I forgot to mention I may have found my kitty...her name will be salty P...her coat is mostly a blue grey color like pepper...with just a little bit of white and some other colors...

Comment

Good SNOWY Morning! Love it! If it's got to be cloudy & cold, it might as well snow...brightens everything up.

Yesterday was semi productive. Mixed up & baked off 3 kinds of cookies for my freezer and a big pot of applesauce. Took a tray of cookies & the applesauce to the veterans manor down over the hill from us. Embarrassed myself by tripping up a low step when talking to the housekeeper there....cookies & applesauce flew out in front of me. Both were still ok, but both the plastic tray & container cracked. Made orange chicken for supper. Ended up with a HUGE mess in my kitchen....blah!

Not sure what today will bring.

Good idea & planning Pat!!! The education won't be a waste. It'll make you eligible to apply elsewhere if you so desire.

Sassy....love you pic today...reminds me of our kitties sometimes. We've currently got 3 living here though 2 are going to lose their happy home soon if they don't stop scratching & clawing. Our daughter dumped them here when she moved back and doesn't do anything to take care of them. If they were mine, I'd have them declawed. Besides the scratching everything, they are lovable.

Bethina....I take it the kitty your parents were thinking of for you wasn't a match, or is this the one & it's already been named?

Found your text msg just now Aunt J....will call later.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning, a cold snowy one at that, but I love it..On the 9th have been here in our house for two years...YEAH!!!! And I still want and love being here..feels like home.
                We are supposed to get a second blast of nasty weather so I am going to get off of this computer, get my shower and get to the store for a few things, yes milk and bread are two things we need there might not be any there, but I can make some bread if need be..
                Not much planned today, not feeling real great this morning, nothing in particular just not feeling like myself..so will kick back and take it easy, drink plenty of fluids, etc. after my run to the store, LOL..
                Hope all is well with everyone..University of MI called yesterday seems I have no antibodies from the Remicade so they are upping the dose...since I just had it last Thursday will be at my next 8 wk. appt. I go Sunday for my MRI at the hospital, it has to be a closed one so I have repeatedly told them I have to be sedated because I am severely claustrophobic and if I am not there will be no MRI!! We shall see..they say because it is on the abdomen it can not be an open MRI, never heard of that..
                Well off to get this day started...wondering how Dave's heart cathe went yesterday.
                Have a super duper day one and all.
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
                  Looks like the high temps will be in the low 60's for s while, but nights are still in the 30's. But I'll dress for 50's temps anyway, as the high temp lasts just an hour or so....two if we're lucky.
                  Looking forward to the Baby Shower on Saturday; it's also E's birthday, but he's getting pies from me for now, cake later, maybe. I'll call to see if I can get my hair trimmed this week. It's overdue.
                  Made a cuppa apple-spice tea. What a nice way to wake up.
                  No particular plans today. Wrap a couple of packages to mail. Do a load of laundry.

Pat, it's great you're taking advantage of such a good opportunity! I'm sure you'll pass it with flying colors.
                  Sassy, what a funny pic today!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! ☀️
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Not as cold this morning but the temps are suppose to drop all day...I would say winter has already worn out it's stay! No one will be here after school or for supper so I have a nice and free day. Have a load of laundry or two to do and could make a grocery run. Electrician will be here bright and early Thursday morning so that will be another project finished. I like the curtains I have in the kitchen but I do not like them in my kitchen so I am on another quest to find the perfect curtain. Plus I need a small table lamp and cannot find anything I like in my price range. I am thinking I need a trip to the mall. But for today I will hang around the house and do whatever...stay warm!

Comment

Yesterday I saw the first violet blooming outside! Take heart, Spring will show up sooner or later.
                      It is hard to think spring when it is so dark outside and it's after 7:00am.
                      I was hoping Maye would have checked in. Will check back to see how yesterday went.
                      Pat, you will probably set the curve for the class! Your experience and personality will show everyone how it's done!
                      I have guys coming to do new ducts today. I feel like the Grinch sometimes: oh the noise, noise, Noise! Nothing like kids on the inside, boots on the roof or ceiling, and dogs barking at the intruders. No rain, so that will give a reprieve for kids and dogs.
                      We are teaching the girls at church how to make Indian ( or Navajo) tacos this evening. Fried bread dough is the substitute for the tortilla. Someone at church makes them for sale at our yard sales but I have never made them.
                      Have a good day, everyone!

Comment

Love that Navajo Fry Bread! Skip the taco filling and cover it with cinnamon sugar! Yum!!!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

So, going to jump in on this... I think this may actually be the first time I have posted to one of the "daily" threads.
                          In pain. So much pain. Got up yesterday morning, and while dressing (specifically, while pulling a sock on), experienced a loud pop in my back, and ended up lying on the floor in a semi-fetal position for a while NOT crying (don't believe anything anyone else tells you about this, I was NOT crying... the floor was dusty). I've thrown my back out before, but this one seems to have made it very clear that I am throwing chains around too much for my job. Luckily, I have pain meds available for my migraines, so I've managed to drug myself up enough that I can still function for my job, especially since my Doctor won't be back from his holiday until Monday and his temp replacement is useless.
                          Looks like I get to spend today "on the mend". We have a lot to do around the house here anyway... I've been informed that Christmas is now over, and it is time to take down the tree. My calender still says "December", so I beg to differ.
                          Wiped the entire Rounders site last night (while high on pain meds, of course), and rebuilt it from the ground up... hoping that will fix some of the problems that a few are experiencing with logging in and posting. Though I have noticed a few are now posting that couldn't before, so who knows where the problem lies anymore. If any of you experience psychedelic colours while browsing the forum, it looked normal to me, and it was just a tribute to David Bowie... or something. Totally not medication-related.

Comment

Ugh, Nightstorm for your back! I hurt my back in Jazzercise some years ago ( not even with exercise. I picked up a child while holding another..)
                            Anyway, I feel,your pain and will say take care to not overdo when you are on meds and might do more harm.
                            Love your closing remarks!

Comment

good morning, finally found where to log in- won't address everyone, just hello to all. pain is not a stranger to me these days, to much going on.. right night it's my hands typing with two fingers on Cold hee in the sunny south (I mean cold) great game last night Go Bama! and Roll Tide! will try to get here more often.. Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                              X