Friday 6-26-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 6-26-2015

Good morning rounders.....saw some are posting with yesterdays date...

Have been having problems with my computer again....might be time for a new one....did not work at all yesterday.....was surprised it worked this am....

Today grands Mark and wife Libby will be here for a visit...both wanted to be here before Marianne has her surgery this next Wednesday. of course both great grandsons and little Stella will be here too will be so great to have them all here. Plan is to eat at home tonight.....have couple racks of lamb and some chops as well along with ground lamb. They all love lamb including the great grands....doubt if Stella eats it ...she is about 7 or 8 months old but guess we will find out when she is here..

Marianne's surgery is scheduled for this coming Wednesday. She goes to Toledo Hospital where they will put a wire in the spot of the cancer so when she goes back to the hospital where she works. it will be ready for the surgery. Monica, Hannah and I will be at the hospital when the surgery is being done. Marianne's Nurse friend Diana will take her to Toledo Hospital in early am.

Our house is ready for company.....wish we could have done more on the outside of the house. Leisa and Mike were going to come here yesterday to do outside work for us...but never made it.

Hope all rounders are in for a great Friday.

Good Morning!

Mickie, it is so good to find you here. I know you will have a wonderful day today.

Company coming here, as well. Lara and her two kiddos are here for the weekend. Have not seen them since Christmas.

Grilled chicken Caribbean salad and Raspberry whip on the menu. Lots to do. Better get going.

Bad news: Aldi's not open until July. Boo Hoo.

Have an awesome day, Everyone.

Comment

Good Morning

up and moving early....
      Mickie ,thanks for the update on Marianne... and enjoy your company.... my four will be coming in on July.1st for a 10 day stay..
      so today is dedicated to the darn goooood sweepering .. and dusting and hiding or tossing out all that is cluttering the stands and tops of places.. .. and then will forget it ....will go get the meats from the butcher shop and get any missing ingredients for some dishes I want to prepare tomorrow.. and freeze... so sounds like busy day ahead....

Donna and I went to her Moms neighbor estate sale.. lots of goodies. mostly reasonable. too bad it was pouring rain. and was crowded . make looking hard to do.. was fun tho'. just having Donna "home" is fun!.... have you guys all got the message yet.. how happy I am to have her in Pa. again... and literally next door... yea. I feel like I have a daughter on each side of me now..

enjoy your company too, Elaine. your food sounds delicious.

Hi later posters..
      like Justy ,Paula ~~~... ...see you all in a bit... gotta get busy.

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, am up and dressed, usually not dressed by this time. Have PT this morning and have a feeling am gonna have problems with the Dr. He isn't going to be happy because I'm gonna refuse to do part of his routine. I went along with it Wens and it did more harm than good. Wasn't that it put me in pain but when I do things that mess with the nerves that are messed up in my back it makes my legs go numb, which is what happened. Got home and almost fell getting out of the van, made it to the front porch and had to sit down, made it in the house, changed clothes and headed out to mow grass, made one circle (at the top, on the flat) and had to quit. If it hadn't been for the fact that I had hold of the mower I would have fell. Felt bad cause Kenny had to finish it all himself. Don't know if I will make the PT Dr understand it isn't a muscle problem but a nerve and bone problem or not. Anyhow everyone wish me luck.

Comment

Good Morning! Rain & more rain...that the forecast forever it seems. Would you believe the HIGH for the coming days is only the high 60's...this is crazy. We'll NEVER gets that pool ready & in it.

Yesterday was semi-productive. I picked up & cleaned several rooms, so it actually looks like a regular home around here. Didn't unpack a single box. I called my beautician to see if she had time to give Blaise & me a haircut....went at 1:30. Sort of feel human again. We are trying to grow my hair out so she can give me some different style and all this hair is driving me nuts. Don't know if I'll survive! LOL!!

Picked up Aunt J around 3:30. Left Blaise home with Becca. Like she said it was raining & the place was packed. It was nice though that WE were able to pull in & park at my Mom's place while everyone else was parking out along the street. Mom offered the people running the sale to park over there too. My brother has been watching the house & taking care of things for years now, so they were very familiar with my Mom & brother. We'd buy a little & come back and put it in the car. Corky eventually came after work and he bought some stuff (manly stuff!) and then went home to relieve Becca of Blaise duty. Aunt J & I then sat on the back porch & waited for my Mom to arrive, and we discussed our finds. We saw a truck back in & they got most of the porch furniture & my mom moaned because she thought the wooden glider she wanted got sold. We decided then to go back & find out...it was still there...so she bought it and we went back in to see what we missed. They came back with more FINDS, so we went back AGAIN so Mom could show me...I bought a little more. It was fun! It is GREAT being back. We didn't leave for home until after 6pm. Leftovers for dinner! You would have thought they could have already eaten or had dinner ready but NOOOOO! LOL! Cork helped me unload my loot of finds. The biggest one being 8 folding chairs for $15!

Not sure what today will bring. I have to go back over to my Mom's and get my purse that I left in the basement. I had my keys, phn, and money on me yesterday at the sale, so I forgot to go inside & get my purse before we left. I do want to go in town and see if I can find a stove & refrigerator to buy. I was going to get a dishwasher too, but Corky's going to try & figure out what's wrong with the current one. Whatever. He has a week to figure it out or I get a new one. Am I getting old & cranky? He's going to attempt to mow some today. All this rain makes that difficult to do.

Mickie & Elaine...enjoy all your family & company!!!

Have a good one all!!!!!

Comment

Had bad thunderstorms last night. Therefore not much sleep. When things quiet down a little around here I will take a nap I hope. Maybe if the burning, itching feet behave as they were part of the problem. Oh well, a little lost sleep never kills a person. LOL

Comment

Good morning...I did not win one of the 2 tablets being given away yesterday....also did not win a tv....ended up with just a 10.00 walmart card...it was the supervisor that I have had it out with in the last few months picking who got what....I am not worried though because I also got my 100 dollar walmart card for having worked at the work shop for 10 years....I went last night and bought the tablet I wanted...I wouldn't have been happy with one of the ones they were giving away...I wanted something much smaller. I put the kindle app on it first thing I love that and am so glad to once again have a way of reading...

Its storming really bad here makes me so glad for the bus.

Off to work this evening if its not raining when I get off I will get groceries

Comment

Good Morning to all..I'm late, I'm late, for an important date! Saying good morning to all of you, got busy putting clothes that are to big for me in bags to give to a lady that I have been giving everything to, she is so appreciative of it all...this was flannel pants, velour shirts, and long sleeved shirts leftover from winter, a winter jacket, sweater, some shoes, etc. she gets so excited when she gets them, a great feeling when you know you are helping another person...Her Mom and she both sent me a thank you card, she said to her daughter it felt like Christmas to have so many nice things to wear...
                Donna, Aunt J, I love to hear the happiness you guys are feeling, because I know exactly how good it feels myself..hard to describe to someone who has never had to leave family and friends..
                Mickie, thanks for letting us know what is going on with Marianne...enjoy your house full of company...sure you will, just don't overdo please.
                Beth, nice that you got the Walmart card and could buy your own tablet, feels good.
                Darla, this getting old and worn out *hit is just not a bit of fun!!
                Justy how bad was bad? They keep having thunderstorms all around us, we get the rain but not the storms..
                Elaine sure you are going to enjoy your visitors!! Chicken salad sounds good.
                I shopped all day yesterday, four different stores, came home was about ready to start supper hubby called and could not find his keys, was sure they fell out of his pocket on one of the shuttle buses he has to ride from where he parks, so headed back to Findlay, about a 25 min. drive, got into Findlay and he called, one of the buses found his keys, so I headed back home...the man would lose his head if not attached, I tell him all the time, put things back where they belong and you won't have that problem...he says I am an over thinker, LOL...
                Well have a friend coming to visit today so will get myself busy and get this place in shape...Have a wonderful day one and all, so great to be feeling better, keeping fingers crossed it last a little longer..
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning and it is a busy one! Reading all you are doing makes me wonder what I do with my time!
                  Today is going to be busy because Becky is going camping with her singles group and has never been camping... she wants to make muffins to take as well as the dinner food she was asked to bring. hectic day because she isn't super experienced in any of these depts.
                  I just got finished printing off forms for the child who used to come and then didn't last year and now I lhave to have all new forms signed...so that is what I did with my first few minutes at the computer this morning before coming here.
                  Schmitty, good to read your update and will be keeping watch for Mariannes surgery and of course, keeping her in my prayers.
                  All the "company's coming" news is making me really wish I had some coming! I am tring not to think of how much timeI have till I see my guys again: August for Spencer and his family (we are meeting in Hawaii) and September for Stuart's family when I go up. He is planning on bringing Rylie down for a week next month, but that has not worked out in the past (for them and they changed their kplans).
                  Have a good day! Stay well and happy and keep getting better if you have been under the weather!
                  (Aren't you proud of me for not even mentioning the temperature?)

Comment

Good morning......I'm glad to see so many already posted.
                    I did wake briefly at 4:30, and the next thing I knew it was 6:30.
                    Yesterday we were surprised with a light rain from 4-6 p.m. No rain expected til tomorrow now, and the temp is going to 104° today.
                    I forgot to call the 'new' doctor's office for E & me. Must do that this morning! This seems dumb, but we need to keep a current PCP doctor if we want hospital services (but it's a hospital branch further away), and in September we can choose a new doctor back at our clinic.

Schmitty, give Marianne my best wishes on her surgery.
                    Darla, good luck with the doctor. DO let him know what the last session of PT did to you. That's serious stuff!
                    Everybody is already busy here, and I still need tea or mocha to get me going. 😜
                    Sharon, you're sounding good today. And busy!

Have a perfect day, people's. 😎
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

The oil change must have been to much for me yesterday because I came and went to bed. Stayed there until the electrician showed at 4:00. He stayed until 7:00 but is done. The appraisal came in and all is fine...except, always an except...he wants painting done outside. I cannot tell you how sick I am of all this hoop jumping. So today I have to call the brick guy and see where he is but, of course, it has rained and rained and rained; need to recall the plumber and find a painter. I am so discouraged and so tired of being made to feel like I live in a slum. Plus I have packing to restart. No wonder my stomach is so upset. I know these are small complaints but when you live in a small town finding people to do little jobs is so hard. These government loans may be nice for people but they sure dictate a lot of crap to the home seller! So that is my morning let off steam session. I am off to make my phone calls and pray this darn rain stops. It rained all yesterday evening and last night and this morning. Enough is enough!

Comment

Well, I've been on the phone so much the past couple of weeks, trying to get through to the right people to set us up with new PCP doctors. Just finished the last call.
                        The 2 doctors recommended to us? Forget it! Not available until November.
                        The scheduler found us doctors we can see in mid-July.
                        First we will see resident doctors at a different branch of the hospital. We will be followed up by 2 different actual doctors.
                        (At least we can pronounce these doctors' names.). This is great, as I will need to get a mammogram in July or August. I need someone who will get the report into my chart.
                        Well, I've done all the things I need for this PCP change. We haven't decided heather this will be temporary (our current clinic isn't replacing any doctors until "at least" September), or just stay with this.
                        The difference will likely be which hospital we go to in an emergency. This branch may be nicer than the main hospital.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Rats! as my grandma used to say. Had a post almost finished and lost it. Auto Save didn't keep it although it kept saying that it was saving.
                          Anyhow it's predicted to be 102º here today and I don't even want to go out to check the thermometer.

Yesterday I woke with the front of my left thigh aching so bad every time I stood or walked I could barely stand it. I couldn't think of anything that would cause it. While I was in the shower it occurred to me. Yesterday as I was going to meet one of the people that was driving for the lunch down town. One of the tenants offered my a ride. It was a 2 door car and a bit difficult to get into. When I went to get out I couldn't do it and was a real problem to get out even with his help and my cane and I nearly fell out. Couldn't ride in front as his neighbor was in front and she is very obese and couldn't possibly get into the back. Came back with one of the other drivers. No more riding in Griff's car for me.
                          Someday I will probably laugh about it but not yet as my leg is still very, very sore.

Lunch was ham potpie. OK but not one of my favorites as the crust got pretty soggy.

Gotta run (limp) and find something for lunch. Thinking about a grilled tuna melt.

Everyone have a great day.

Comment

Aloha all!

Prayers for Mariianne that the surgery goes well and good luck to Darla on the PT.

Donna, glad you are getting settled and near family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~to all!

Was so busy yesterday but got a lot done. Today will not do much. Did walk the halls and stairs for exercise this morning. Need to do the same outside but it is muggy and I have to wear a hat and use my walking stick. Should do that very early when it's cool.

Have a good day all!

Comment

Maxie, is there a limit to how much they can ask of you? They saw the house as it is. How can they now tell you to paint? Can you buy the paint and tell them to paint it?

Comment

Working...
                              X