News In Tucson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News In Tucson

World View Enterprises plans to start ferrying tourists to near space in 2016. Tickets are $75,000 each.

(I'd find it much more interesting if they had more affordable prices.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

I Am interested to see the passenger list!

Comment

I think its great that they will be able to do it. I, however, wouldn't do it if I was a trillionaire! I don't like heights and find passenger flight on a jet intimidating....surely do not wish to go higher!
      Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I don't like heights, either, but I'd sure do my best to overcome that. There's stuff going on up there I'd love to see.
        Maybe the forming of aureaulis'. Or where storms (lightning) are in sight, a glimpse of the sprites (lights) that form above them up in the stratasphere. It would be fabulous, for sure.
        But not at those prices. E saved the Nova show that shows and explains them. That will have to be good enough unless we can win a super-huge lottery.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes, I love to watch shows about that sort of thing. If I ever win the lottery, though, I'll be heading to the UK....old castles, historic sites, etc. Not gonna hold my breath, though! LOL
          Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I hear you, Jo!
            Been there. The most beautiful Cathedral I've seen there was in Canterbury, and it's grounds, too. The little town of Ely itself takes you back in time (they have 2 "Squares"; one for man (market days) and one for God (places of worship). Warwick Castle is so aged; it's the one that survived so many battles that are referenced in the books of 'The Rosylyn Chronicles'. There was a mile-high church, can't believe I forgot the town; you can go up an inside ladder to the rooftop, and view the tremendous countryside for a very great distance. I think it was there that the unjoined parsonage had roses the size of cabbages!
            Oh, Jo, you'd love it there. I think all of you ladies would. Wouldn't it be fun if we could go there as a group and pay surprise visits to Lisa & Kazi?
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

On Father's Day a young dad bought a scratcher ticket and won 5million...at the same Chevron station I go to. That would have paid for the trip!
              Too bad I don't think about those tickets.
              If I ever win big money, I will get you the space tickets, Jo, but I have seen one too many space type movies and I could not go on that trip. No matter what they charge.

Comment

Paula, what a nice thought! Thanks.
                Just remember, the wins look big, but around half of it goes immediately for taxes. Treat yourself first, and put a chunk in the bank for unseen future needs (!), before deciding what to do with the rest.
                I truly appreciate your thinking of me, though.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I am not a big player so I am not quitting my day job!

Comment

E occasionally plays, but only when the winnings are very high, just for the heck of it. So far he's won enough to buy another ticket. But the odds are so against the players, he has no expectations.
                    One place I worked, a guy did raffles. (As well as betting on sports games.) I'm sure he made money even after winnings were paid. One time he raffled a car from a local dealer, at $1 a ticket. One guy only bought a ticket to get the seller off his back. Another guy "figured the odds" and bought a bunch if tickets o 'insure' his winning the car. Guess who won? The guy who had the single ticket. The other guy was mad as a we then and accused everyone else of cheating. People still laugh about it today, because only the ticket drawn will win.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X