Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song from Pi - YouTube

Song from Pi - You Tube

Pi song! Sheet music is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mF9ydrLxkAp4OC9wwRD-iKJ24C_okrit/view?usp=sharingThe story behind this video: https...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Jo.. was watching the fingers trying to see what key he was playing in..

looked like he was bouncing around e minor. b minor. and a and just going around and around in a chord pattern..

watch the hands,, he holds them so rounded and uses all fingers.long fingers..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

That's pretty clever, Maye. I can't pick out the chords as well as you. I know the minor chords are usually sad or whistful sounding.

I think it's incredible that he put together music from the number Pi. Mathematicians are fascinated with Pi, and keep playing with it to see how far it can go. They've surpassed the millionth decimal number already. But to put it to music!

However, Bach wrote a great number of musical pieces using number formulas. It was a game he played with whoever was the King at that time. At the time I read about it, I was entranced by that fact, and felt I understood (then, but not now) just how music could be conceived in that manner! I wished I knew that years before, when my math skills were extremely sharp! --- the book was Gertle (sp?), Escher, and Bach. I wasn't interested in the first two people, so just read about Bach. (Escher was an artist who specialized in eye-fooling pictures, so I can understand his use of the math.) but the math in music was really interesting.....I'd never have considered it beyond the metronome.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X