Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Your Meals

Time Your Meals
    Set a timer for 20 minutes and reinvent yourself as a slow eater. This is one of the top habits for slimming down without a complicated diet plan. Savor each bite and make it last until the bell chimes. Paced meals offer great pleasure from smaller portions and trigger the body's fullness hormones. Wolfing your food down in a hurry blocks those signals and causes overeating.
    ---WebMD

What's your best tip?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

The only things that have ever helped me lose weight were Fen-fen, which was outlawed, and illness. I lost over 100 lbs. in the last year and one half, but I'm working on replacing some of it. I REALLY need to get over this love affair I'm having with food! I've been a slow eater ever since I got dentures!
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

I've never taken diet pills (....at this point I don't take pain killers either. Just the prescriptions and suggested vitamins from my doctor(s).)
      But I like utilizing the little tricks like this to stay healthy.

The hard part is cold weather. Soups are good and satisfying. But I tend to want to eat more when the meal is on a plate.
      My body urges eating to stay warm.

Can anybody else add helpful hints to this?
      With the holidays coming up, it will be helpful.
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-22-2013, 02:02 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

when I decided to get rid of 25 lbs that I did not need on this little short person... I did not take diet pills, did not "walk".. I hate walking.... but
        Rule 1.. all fried foods at a super minimum... no french fries. but a fried burger once in a while ok.

rule 2. absolutely nothing to eat/drink. after 8pm... amazing how much snacking that cut out.
        rule 3.. NO candy... aggg. the chocolate lover in me cried. but I did it.

rule 4.. eat real food.. veggies, meat, potatoes,(baked or mashed).green stuff. lettuce. celery etc.
        keep the spag. and macaroni as a special treat once in a while.

rule 5. eat as little bread- like food as possible... no big sandwiches. burgers with only bottom of bun.,very limited pizza. one piece of toast etc.

I don't do much alcohol,, but that would have went out with the candy.

weight myself once a week , first thing in morning before I eat.. nude. if no loss , watch little closer, if a loss, smile.. it took almost a year to lose the 25 lbs.. they are still off. but I still eat similiar only with a few treats. like candy or dessert once in a while.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Thanks, Maye, that's a lot of really good advice.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

A lot of good tips here. I like that idea of pacing your meals. JoGee, I occasionally use the WebMD site. I think it's a really good one for health issues.

Comment

Working...
            X