Beautiful AUTUMN! Enjoy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful AUTUMN! Enjoy.

I sent this to everyone on my contacts list. I thought everyone else here might also enjoy these pictures, too.
    All I can say is "Beautiful"! Give it a moment or two to load.

As Ellis & I were going through the pictures, I stopped at one and said, "now THAT is autumn!" By golly, if it wasn't the Michigan picture! Our home state!
    I still clearly remember one day in early October walking to my elementary school. Mom did my hair in "Little Lulu curls", I wore a crisp white blouse, a red sweater, a new red plaid wool skirt with straps, white anklets, and the ugliest brown Buster Brown Oxford shoes. With every step my foot rolled heel to toe over the crisp fallen leaves to hear the crunch, the sun was bright, the air was crisp, and there is a fragrance in the air that only autumn has, and only there in Michigan - nowhere else I've ever been can match it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Beautiful pictures! Our foliage wasn't as brilliant in color this year as it usually is. We didn't get cold enough during October this year.
    Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Jo, consider layering your clothing. That might be the answer to your comfort zone.

We are close to the Saguaro National Park, but the cacti are not changing colors at all !!!
      We have to drive a ways to see actual trees with color here. I'm still waiting for my new tree to be a flaming red, but I guess it isn't cold enough yet. After Thanksgiving we might take a day to drive around and see what the parks, or woodlands in the mountains offer.
      Last edited by JoGee; 11-18-2013, 05:16 PM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Jo, these are absolutely beautiful pictures! I'm not sure which one I like the best. I do know that the bright reds of Missouri and the one on the river in Louisiana really struck me.

Comment

The picture of Alabama is what Barb and I saw in Arkansas Ozark Mountains. The one of Maine looks like the one in Indiana when me and Barb stayed at a cabin in Shakamak State Park. This was maybe 6 years ago, and the reflection of the colorful trees in the lake at our cabin was so pretty.

I would love to own that "home" in Louisiana. God sure knows how to spread his beauty over the whole U.S.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

After seeing these, E said "Lets put together a list of our favorite ones and the peak dates, and plan on fall trips." Wow! Yeah! Missouri is one of the first I'd pick. We have driven through there once when everything was lush green. I loved the rolling hills, the homes constructed of field stone. I would love to be there for fall weather. My second choice is driving through the New England states, where I have never been. And, of course, our home state of MI -- we'd have to find out where the places are these days, where autumn color is abundant, and where there are cider mills to get fresh cider and donuts!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I did a lot of my growing up on a farm in Missouri. I can tell you that it is absolutely beautiful. You wouldn't regret a trip there in the fall.

Comment

Working...
              X