⁉️ TRIVIA ⁉️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday's Answer:

During the War of 1812, U.S. forces invaded Canada. U.S. President James Former U.S. President Thomas Jefferson dismissively referred to the conquest of Canada as "a matter of marching." However, British military experience prevailed over inexperienced American commanders. The American Brigadier General William Hull invaded Canada on July 12, 1812 from Detroit, with an army mainly composed of militiamen. British Major General Isaac Brock drove back the Americans and forced Hull to surrender at Detroit. In 1815, the war ended with a military stalemate. The British ceased aiding Indian attacks on American territory, and the United States never again attempted to invade Canada.

🌷

Today's Question:

Which singer was born with the name Paul David Hewson?
    Prince
    Bono
    Sting
    Meatloaf
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

Paul David Hewson most commonly known by his stage name Bono, is an Irish singer, musician, and humanitarian best known for being the main vocalist of the Dublin-based rock band U2. The name Bono was originally a nickname, short for "Bono Vox" meaning "good voice" in Latin, said to be given by his friend Gavin Friday.

🎶

Today's Question:

The name of which Mexican food item is Spanish for "little donkey"?

Fajita
      Burrito
      Enchilada
      Tamale
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

🌵

Yesterday's Answer: The word burrito means "little donkey" in Spanish, as a diminutive form of burro, or "donkey". The name burrito as applied to the dish possibly derives from the appearance of bedrolls and packs that donkeys carried. A burrito is a type of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, consisting of a wheat flour tortilla wrapped or folded into a cylindrical shape to completely enclose the filling. The flour tortilla is usually lightly grilled or steamed, to soften it and make it more pliable.

🔫
        Who shot J.R.?

Bobby Ewing
        Sue Ellen Ewing
        Kristin Shepard
        Pamela Barnes Ewing
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

🔫

Yesterday's Answer:

"Who shot J.R.?" is an advertising catchphrase that American network CBS created in 1980 to promote the television series Dallas. It referred to the mystery surrounding a murder attempt against the character J.R. Ewing in the show's third-season finale. Ultimately, the person who pulled the trigger was revealed to be Kristin Shepard (Mary Crosby) in the "Who Done It?" episode which aired on November 21, 1980. Kristin was J.R.'s scheming sister-in-law and mistress, who shot him in a fit of anger. "Who Done It?" was, at the time, the highest-rated television episode in U.S. history until the "M*A*S*H

🌷

Today's Questions:

What is known as "The Gray Lady"?

Empire State Building
          Statue of Liberty
          Stonehenge
          The New York Times
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

📰
            The New York Times is an American daily newspaper, founded and continuously published in New York City since September 18, 1851, by The New York Times Company. Nicknamed for years as "The Gray Lady", The New York Times is long regarded within the industry as a national "newspaper of record". The paper's motto, "All the News That's Fit to Print", appears in the upper left-hand corner of the front page.

🎶

Today's Question:

What book was Mark Chapman carrying when he assassinated John Lennon?

Bible
            The Catcher in the Rye
            To Kill a Mockingbird
            Brave New World
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The Catcher In The Rye

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

Answer: Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon outside The Dakota apartment building in New York City on December 8, 1980. Chapman fired at Lennon five times, hitting him four times in his back. Chapman remained at the scene reading J. D. Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye until the police arrived and arrested him. Chapman repeatedly said that the novel was his statement. Chapman later claimed that his life mirrored that of Holden Caulfield, the protagonist of the book.

Congratulations, Becky! You are correct.

🌷
                Today's Question:

Happy Earth Day! Which of Earth's oceans is the smallest and shallowest?

Arctic Ocean
                Atlantic Ocean
                Southern Ocean
                Indian Ocean
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Arctic ocean (wish I would have noticed this thread earlier - very interesting!)

Comment

Very good, Becky.

Yesterday's Answer:

The Arctic Ocean, located in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Arctic north polar region, is the smallest and shallowest of the world's five major oceanic divisions. Although the Arctic Ocean is by far the smallest of the Earth’s oceans, having only a little more than one-sixth the area of the next largest, the Indian Ocean, its area of 5,440,000 square miles is five times larger than that of the largest sea, the Mediterranean.

🌷

Today's Question:

What was the first human organ to be successfully transplanted?

Kidney
                    Heart
                    Liver
                    Lung
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Heart

Comment

Sorry Becky....I guessed that, too. Here's the answer:

Yesterday's Answer:

The first human organ transplant was a kidney transplant performed in 1954. The donor of the kidney was the identical twin of the recipient and therefore there was no immune rejection of the organ. The recipient lived for eight years following the transplant and the surgeon who performed the transplant, Dr. Joseph Murray, went on to win the Nobel Prize for this work.

📝

Today's Question:

How much did the United States pay for Alaska?

$312,000
                        $7.2 million
                        $29.7 million
                        $114.2 million
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

$7,2 million - $312,000 doesn't seem like enough and $29.7 seems to much. These are interesting thanks for posting.

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it so much, Becky.
                            We have been to Alaska, and you always hear references to Seward there. So I didn't have to guess. Answers are posted the next morning. ☺️
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Alaska is one of the places I would like to visit. My husband doesn't want to go but I'm sure if I planned a trip he would tagalong. I have a niece who's husband is stationed in Alaska living there now. She didn't want to go either but loves it now that she is there.

Comment

I really enjoyed our visits there. But it gets far too cold for me to tolerate now.
                                The first trip we took a cruise....if you do, be sure to take some of the available side trips while the ship is moored there. The second time we went directly inland with a tour group, and it was a most wonderful experience. We felt more immersed with the people and places, from Seward (S) to Fairbanks (N). Yes, I'd go again.

Here's some of the pics I took last time: http://jogeesplacecom.ipage.com/webp...=148#comment-2
                                Last edited by JoGee; 04-24-2015, 02:31 PM.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X