Clear All

• Slow cooker pot roast

Another version of the ever faithful Pot Roast
    The name on Pinterest is
    Mississippi Pot Roast

1 3-4 pound blade roast or chuck roast
    I packet Ranch dressing mix
    1 packet Au jus mix
    1 stick of butter ( this was a new one for me)
    6 pepperocinis ( I had a jar of shredded up ones and just put some in)
    Put all in the crock pot and cook on Low for 8-10 hours.
    I also put some small red potatoes and tiny baby carrots in.
    After 9 hours we couldn't wait! The aroma was wonderful and so was the food!
    Last edited by Paula A; 06-08-2014, 07:19 PM. Reason: Left out credit for recipe

Sounds great! Have copied it and will make it for when family is here. Marianne cannot eat beef in the form of roast or steaks... only ground. She is now on Gluten Free as well.....been having terrible stomach issues.. Says she is feeling better since she is on Gluten Free. Hope it helps her....she has been really having serious pain from her stomach issue not being able to digest food.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Can she drink smoothies ? I put ground beef in salads and stir frys....I keep hoping she will find food she can eat.

Comment

Good idea, Paula. A nice big mug of blended stew sounds good time! Really. No muss or fuss.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

You made me chuckle!

Comment

Will leaving out the pepperocinos be a problem? They would have me in gastric distress
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Not at all. I left them out the second time I made it!
              Used the au jus and it still was very good.

Comment

Great answer!!!!!
                "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

And I found a recipe for homemade Ranch dressing spice mix. I am trying it this weekend and will let you know. To me, spending 3.00 every time I want to make something is a bit much if I can make it up myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X