June ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June ~ Meals & Menus

Looks like no one is cooking this summer. I made myself a taco salad and garlic bread last evening.

Comment

And instead of taco salad I thought we were having, we made French dip sandwiches with the left over pit roast.
      The packet of au jus with the packet of Ranch made the Best gravy! Oh yeah, that stick of butter probably had a bit to do with it, too!

Comment

I made a crock-pot meal tonight. Very simple.
        I cut up round steak in 3 oz pieces and sliced half a Vidalia onion, and let the, brown in the crockpot. Then added a can of diced Tomatoes with Italian herbs, and a can of beef broth. In the afternoon I added a can of garbanzo beans. I spooned this around a mound of brown rice in a salad bowl. I figured a serving came to 300 calories, tops. Satisfying and very good. E didn't even complain about the rice.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

A few days ago I'd made a very simple version of chicken cacciatore with things I had on hand, plus mixed veggies. It was quite good.
          Last night I diced the leftover chicken, and threw in all the leftover veggies (there wasn't that much), added fresh cooked flat noodles over that, and poured a jar of Light Alfredo Sauce over all. It tasted amazingly like the Hungarian Chicken and Dumpling recipe I have. E really liked it, to his surprise. I will do this again, for sure.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X